Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I think it is Mr America Mr Street Fighter Alex Valle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_b1aMJHDA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

ButteCysts posted:

it really is daigo all bandwagoning aside

I gotta admit, Daigo's record speaks for itself. But when you watch Valle's spacing and footsies you see something that almost no one can do. Him vs Daigo is the ultimate Street Fighter Matchup in my opinion

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

concerned mom posted:

*posts that super blocking video everyone loves*

*then posts the video of a bunch of japanese players saying that was pretty standard*

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Mr America Street Fighter Alex Valle brings it to Daigo Umehara right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D50AZEmruE

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

what about street fighter alpha? Valle was the better player imo

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

that guy who was a dude but is now a girl

ricky ortiz. Great choice. she is a loving incredible

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

or that fat asian dude maybe

Filipinoman. also fantastic. Good choices from you all round

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
neither of them are as good as alex valle though. A loving legend

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Justin Wong should inspire just as much american patriotism but you guys don't seem to give a gently caress about him. The Fighting game community is kind of weird to me

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

spud posted:

Daigo has been the most consistent across all generations.

Plus he isnt a big fatty like Justin Wong.

80% of the SF players at Evo are Asian, but it's so funny to see "An American Asian" vs "an Asian Asian".

One will be obese.

yes but I think Valle can beat him at footsies if they have a long set. He is Mr Street Fighter so I think he can prevail

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Kuato posted:

I'd say me, I'd be at the arcade trapping dudes in corners and round housing them. Rinse and repeat. Cheap and effective

I play Blanka and I would loving destroy you. I dont give a gently caress about the "corner" retard.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Alex Valle is 40 and he can still beat the top players in the world with poo poo characters like Hugo. I firmly believe that he could beat daigo in a Ryu vs Ryu match. IE skill vs skill match. Of course Daigo would use Evil Ryu in such a situation because he is a loving bitch but all of us elite players would know that Valle was the superior player

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i'm pretty good with Ryu and Cammy. i also like to throw Balrog in there, it throws people off.

so it's me, I'm the best street fighter player

if you used ryu or cammy against me i would destroy you. maybe you would win with balrog but he's loving cheap. Have you seen the player PR Balrog? That guy is loving disgusting and not even a real street fighter player IMO

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

ButteCysts posted:

hugo is underrated imo has real solid footsies and pressure

maybe in the hands of the top players yeah. If i tried to use him, I would get hosed.

Ruddha posted:

if you play blanka, fuerte, blanka, or dhalism i will definitely lose to you and be very upset

I only know blanka so I would probably annoy the poo poo out of you. I do all of his cheap bullshit too

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

I never played any of them past Street Fighter 2 Turbo and now there's a bunch of stupid characters and people do super lasers when they fill up a bar. I thought I was going to play SF2 Turbo because the game looked like that one time about a year ago do I put my quarter on the screen like in the old days and waited until the computer was going to kill the guy like in the old days and I pressed start to save him and it turns out now that Ryu can throw like three fireballs on the screen all at once all the time so that's what that human being did and I didn't know how to do anything about it so I just blocked and ate the chip damage for two rounds while he kept doing the fireballs. I just wanted to see if after the first round he'd keep doing it and he did.

Also I played in China once in an arcade there and Chinese players don't hit you if they make you dizzy, they just wait until you become normal. loving weirdos.

this is loving disgraceful. Mr America Alex Valle is out there trying to win street fighter for this country and this loving retard doesn't even know how to block. If Valle was dead he would be turning in his grave

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Did the OP get laughed out of Imp Zone or something? He posts gaming related threads in GBS constantly.

no im just a sub par GBS poster. please stop embarrassing me

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You said you came up with some sort of meme and I searched your post history and called you out on it. You're forever in my search cache.

please stop whirwind jones. its over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

One time when I was like 12 I went into this sports bar because they had a SF2 cabinet in there where you could yank the joystick panel up and reach down into the machine to jiggle the wire thing that got tripped when people put in a quarter and play for free. A bunch of kids, maybe six or seven of them, who where in my grade in school and whom I was not a fan of came in when I happened to be at zero credits playing against the computer (as Chung Li because I had misclicked -- I usually used Ken). They all tried to beat me but they couldn't, most of them picking Blanka and just sitting there farting out electricity 90% of the time. Eventually the leader guy (Kevin, whose face I had chucked a basketball into in gym in a moment of inspired but not premeditated agression) said "Just let the computer beat him, gently caress." and it did so pretty quickly because I was bad with Chung Li and also the computer cheats.

i would loving deifinitely beat you with blanka. you sound like a total bitch

• Locked thread