Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
what if the second guy is Zergfluid??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylo Ren
Jul 26, 2015

by Cowcaster

Zen Punk posted:

what if the second guy is Zergfluid??

Zerg was a good guy. He got ran off by those HAGS in EN forum. I swear EN is the worst sub forum in the world and should be merged with Creative Convention because it's all a bunch of made up bullshit.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

MeLKoR posted:

Sucking a dick to get that part you want so much isn't prostitution, it's more like one of those unpaid internships.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

This JPG is totally wrong though. Girls has as much or more nudity than got

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I like how they had Lena sit in the only coneivable way to make her not look like a chunky pear. All of her fat has magically vanished into the realm of that couch.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I like how they had Lena sit in the only coneivable way to make her not look like a chunky pear. All of her fat has magically vanished into the realm of that couch.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
Sounds like a good move by Amnesty International to me. This is like drug addicts being imprisoned - you've got people whose lives are hosed up and they aren't necessarily doing any harm to anyone but themselves, but they get treated like scum and their lives and problems get worse. A lot of prostitutes are only doing it because they are drug addicts anyway, so they're double hosed. No need to throw adults making mistakes into jail for idiot morals, and if it's legal it can be regulated better and made safer.

What's the downside of legalisation? I've got no real opinion on prostitution in concept, for or against, so I could be swayed either way on that, but as far as it being legal goes, I see no good reason why it shouldn't be and a bunch of reasons it should.

Who gives a gently caress what Lena Dunham and 399 other celebrities think about it.

real_slime fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 28, 2015

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

real_slime posted:

Sounds like a good move by Amnesty International to me. This is like drug addicts being imprisoned - you've got people whose lives are hosed up and they aren't necessarily doing any harm to anyone but themselves, but they get treated like scum and their lives and problems get worse. A lot of prostitutes are only doing it because they are drug addicts anyway, so they're double hosed. No need to throw adults making mistakes into jail for idiot morals, and if it's legal it can be regulated better and made safer.

What's the downside of legalisation? I've got no real opinion on prostitution in concept, for or against, so I could be swayed either way on that, but as far as it being legal goes, I see no good reason why it shouldn't be and a bunch of reasons it should.

Who gives a gently caress what Lena Dunham and 399 other celebrities think about it.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1986065

quote:

The study’s findings include: Countries with legalized prostitution are associated with higher human trafficking inflows than countries where prostitution is prohibited. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution, i.e. expansion of the market, outweighs the substitution effect, where legal sex workers are favored over illegal workers. On average, countries with legalized prostitution report a greater incidence of human trafficking inflows.

The effect of legal prostitution on human trafficking inflows is stronger in high-income countries than middle-income countries. Because trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation requires that clients in a potential destination country have sufficient purchasing power, domestic supply acts as a constraint.

Criminalization of prostitution in Sweden resulted in the shrinking of the prostitution market and the decline of human trafficking inflows. Cross-country comparisons of Sweden with Denmark (where prostitution is decriminalized) and Germany (expanded legalization of prostitution) are consistent with the quantitative analysis, showing that trafficking inflows decreased with criminalization and increased with legalization.

While "legalize and regulate" seems like an intuitive solution it hasn't been implemented in a good way yet. That's probably more the fault of regulation than legalization itself, but at the moment it being illegal involves the least people being hurt. This is a 2012 study that gets referenced a lot by anti-prostitution people and is honestly one of the few I've seen of it's kind though, so probably take it with a grain of salt.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1986065

While "legalize and regulate" seems like an intuitive solution it hasn't been implemented in a good way yet. That's probably more the fault of regulation than legalization itself, but at the moment it being illegal involves the least people being hurt. This is a 2012 study that gets referenced a lot by anti-prostitution people and is honestly one of the few I've seen of it's kind though, so probably take it with a grain of salt.

cool i'll check it out. i'm tired right now so i dl'd the pdf.

i'm willing to be convinced the other way but like you said, legalise and regulate is intuitive to me with all vice related crime, and just looking at the block quote, i also don't think that an increase in 'trafficking' is necessarily more harmful is what IS happening is happening a more safe and less violent way, and keeps prostitutes out of legal trouble. but like i said i'll check it out, i'm basically applying my more thought out stance on drug use to this at the moment and it might not cross over as well as i assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I could be wrong but i believe in this context trafficking implies that it's happening in an underground fashion and not simply over the table recruiting from poorer countries.

• Locked thread