Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I feel like that just means another healthy animal is going to be euthanized instead? Isn't that literally how it works?

Am I pet Hitler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
because it gets them internet cred

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

i don't know about people, but all summercamps are legally required to own a three legged dog named Tripod

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I feel like that just means another healthy animal is going to be euthanized instead? Isn't that literally how it works?

Am I pet Hitler?

Nah. If someone comes in for a dog and all they got is the broken one then that person might just go home without a dog. So if you take the broken one that leaves the good dog for the other guy to take.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's why your mum kept you op

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i adopted a dog where he had his front rigt leg missing. i didnt get him bc i felt sorry for him or anything but i had a plan that was to find a dog with a stump and attach a empty bottle of rum to it. which i did. i could hear him coming wherever he was so no surprises and if i couldnt hear him i could smell the smell of rum faintly and knew it was him. this ruled for an while and then once im away for like a week and hes jonesing to see me, and he hears me coming up the path and he runs at full speed down the hall to meet me, hes like gallopig so hard i hear this smash sound like shattering, the door opens and he leaps up onto my chest with his normal leg and his rum peg out in front and he lacerates my throat pretty bad. im bleeding everwhere and end up stomping on him petty bad. i get some stiches and anyways if ur gone to mod ur dog use plastics or woods or dont mod them at all. his name was rumpole for what itsworth

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 27, 2015

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
:chanpop:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Orkin Mang posted:

i adopted a dog where he had his front rigt leg missing. i didnt get him bc i felt sorry for him or anything but i had a plan that was to find a dog with a stump and attach a empty bottle of rum to it. which i did. i could hear him coming wherever he was so no surprises and if i couldnt hear him i could smell the smell of rum faintly and knew it was him. this ruled for an while and then once im away for like a week and hes jonesing to see me, and he hears me coming up the path and he runs at full speed down the hall to meet me, hes like gallopig so hard i hear this smash sound like shattering, the door opens and he leaps up onto my chest with his normal leg and his rum peg out in front and he lacerates my throat pretty bad. im bleeding everwhere and end up stomping on him petty bad. i get some stiches and anyways if ur gone to mod ur dog use plastics or woods or dont mod them at all. his name was rumpole for what itsworth

pff if his name was rumpole you should have used bailey's

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Broken people adopt broken pets.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
A three legged dog aint broken. Three legged doggie is still a fun doggie. 4 legged dogs are too fast anyway, ol 3 legs tries to run away or chase an animal or whatever you're catching his hobbly rear end.

Blind cats can be used to solve the energy crisis for all I care, even better make it so only the useless blind ones can be pets and throw the rest in the furnace. Nasty loving vermin.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my dog is a head with a spinal cord

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Put it in a robot like Robocop 2

by which I guess I mean put it in a giant robot and give it a lot of hard drugs

vvthats not a dog, thats just a bear rug you got at a garage sale.vvv

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Enfield posted:

my dog is a head with a spinal cord

My dog is everything but a head and spinal cord.

Where did you get your dog?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
A non-crippled animal has a higher chance of being adopted. A 3 legged dog or blind cat has a much higher chance of being left in a cage for eternity, so it's a pretty selfless thing to do.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
just like when people harass the gently caress out of animals then claim they saved a baby turtle todayt hat was actually 6 months old and fine

HERO STATUS: THIS IS MY DOG NAMED HERO WHOS NAMED AFTER ME WHEN I WAS HEROIC TO ADOPT HIM

spuport are troops

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I had a deaf dog, she was awesome. We taught her hand signals for sit, lay down, roll over, speak, etc..

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Cyberball 2072 posted:

A three legged dog aint broken. Three legged doggie is still a fun doggie. 4 legged dogs are too fast anyway, ol 3 legs tries to run away or chase an animal or whatever you're catching his hobbly rear end.

Blind cats can be used to solve the energy crisis for all I care, even better make it so only the useless blind ones can be pets and throw the rest in the furnace. Nasty loving vermin.

Did a cat rape your hobble dog?

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Am I pet Hitler?

Because you can give him an hilarious name.
No, I don't have any exemples.

And healthy animals are lame.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
cats are cute but toxoplasmosis is more rampant than aids in africans, will mess your brain up

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

When I was in jr high, we bullied this kid and made fun of him and said that he probably raped his 3 legged cat.

He was a real bitch though so I don't have too many regrets.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

extra stout posted:

HERO STATUS: THIS IS MY DOG NAMED HERO WHOS NAMED AFTER ME WHEN I WAS HEROIC TO ADOPT HIM

this but unironically, apparently:

Melmac posted:

A non-crippled animal has a higher chance of being adopted. A 3 legged dog or blind cat has a much higher chance of being left in a cage for eternity, so it's a pretty selfless thing to do.

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

cats are cute but toxoplasmosis is more rampant than aids in africans, will mess your brain up

Ok.. after seing this, I'm like "ok, I don't know poo poo about most of the diseases : I'm getting slightly mad"

Sorry for the AIDS in Freddie reference.

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015

FIRST TIME posted:

When I was in jr high, we bullied this kid and made fun of him and said that he probably raped his 3 legged cat.

He was a real bitch though so I don't have too many regrets.

Raped him with the 4th leg IMO

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

OMGVBFLOL posted:

this but unironically, apparently:

surely this data is from before instant gram and facebook came out

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015

extra stout posted:

surely this data is from before instant gram and facebook came out

"look at me : I'm so kind" says every fucker with 3 legged blind autistic cat.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thotol posted:

uh whos rereg are you dood

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Thotol posted:

Those fuckers.

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015

Enfield posted:

uh whos rereg are you dood

Obviously not a discreet one.
I'm legit.
And also not on instagram

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
My neighbours cat grew up totally missing it's beck left leg. It just never grew, but she is adorable :3: However when she runs, because cats bodies are quite long, she looks like an oscillating snake getting used to 3 new legs.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The only creature in the world who can feel that pain that engulfs my heart is a three legged doggie.

I'm gonna get him a metal prosthetic limb and name him Bucky, got it all planned out.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
betas of the pet owning world.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
Alpha 4 legged pet owners: Here Free Market! Catch the frisbee! Good boy. Good boy!

Beta 3 legged pet owners: What do you mean the government taxes my twitch.tv income?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
How are you going to loudly complain about how much your vet bills are if your pet isn't sick all the time? Have you even owned a pet?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Freakiest cat I have seen had the skin missing from it's tail. Yup, it had a full-on bone tail still attached.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Coolie Ghost posted:

Beta 3 legged pet owners: What do you mean the government taxes my twitch.tv income?

lol

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
It depends on the level of disability, a three legged dog or cat can still get around pretty ok, blind ones too, so someone can adopt it and think they are doing a great thing, they think no one will take this "broken" animal, so they will do it, but it is really not that much extra skin off their back. For little extra investment they get to feel like extra nice people. If the disability is greater, like say, the cat that needs to wear diapers cause it can't control its bowels, well, people are going to be a lot more hesitant to take that one.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
a blind cat's actually easier to manage, because they don't jump up on things unless they can figure out exactly where it is and how to get back down. the only downside is they wait till you're going up or down stairs and then run RIGHT UNDER YOU i guess because they want to orient themselves by the sound of your footsteps or something

ordinary cats do this too because tripping humans is the loving zenith of cat humor, but usually they don't stop if you stop and wait for you to start again

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Because three legged dogs tip over easily, and blind cats are also funny if you remember to regularly rearrange your furniture.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Cyberball 2072 posted:

gently caress this gay idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
bc if you get a mutilated pet you can gross people out who see it but they have to pretend it's cute or they feel bad about themselves

• Locked thread