Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
and whenever I plug it in to charge it always asks me if I want to download itunes

Why the gently caress would I do that? I have winamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol iphones suck. Good luck with your absolutely lovely ad-delivery system for the next two years or however long your contract is.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jesus Christ posted:

and whenever I plug it in to charge it always asks me if I want to download itunes

Why the gently caress would I do that? I have winamp

it whips the llamas rear end afterall

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Put it up your butt ftw

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Put it up your butt ftw

you should do this with all of your recent purchases.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
lol if you still listen to music in tyool 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if you care what brand your phone is then lol

just lol

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I think I might try to get rid of my cellphone entirely next year. Its more of a distraction than a good tool now.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
google "how much does the iphone 6 cost to make" then feel bad for being a fucktard

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

why do people complain about this? just update iTunes human being! your phones entire software architecture is based on ituens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

google "how much does the iphone 6 cost to make" then feel bad for being a fucktard

LMAO

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
People that post that poo poo are goddamn retards that can't comprehend the concept of "R&D".

I'm sure Apple makes a good return on each unit, but Jesus, you can't just ignore such a huge expense.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
nah it's just an iphone 5 I bought off my friend for $200 a few months ago 'cause he bought an iphone 6, and i'd been using some shittty LG phone from 3 years ago. I wouldn't normally buy an iphone but it was a seemingly decent option at the time.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I will soon upgrade to the latest version because the one I have is outdated and reflects poorly on me

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

lol iphones suck. Good luck with your absolutely lovely ad-delivery system for the next two years or however long your contract is.

as opposed to Android, where you can't install AdBlock unless you root the loving thing like a turbosperg

all smartphones are irredeemable poo poo, fire this gay earth into the sun

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

What kind of phone do you have? Never mind, I already know it is wrong and bad. If you buy a android you are a poor and a neckbeard, if you buy an iPhone you are a caramel macchiado and a gay. The only solution is to buy a windows phone.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Skeleton Ape posted:

The only solution is to buy a windows phone.

lmbo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Jesus Christ

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Well no, I don't have a smartphone, why do you ask?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
the iphone could do with a back button

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I have an Iphone and it's ok, it makes phone calls and allows me to post on forums same as any other phone.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

You're right to laugh, Apple has built their share price on super thick margins, but the "cost" of something manufactured includes far more than the cost of materials/labour for the manufacturing (R&D, shipping, licensing, fees and taxes, etc etc)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

JnnyThndrs posted:

People that post that poo poo are goddamn retards that can't comprehend the concept of "R&D".

I'm sure Apple makes a good return on each unit, but Jesus, you can't just ignore such a huge expense.

eveyrbody knows what R&D is. that is still an appallingly low cost. thats the kind of markup you give when you have to make up R&D in two weeks considering units sold. stop apologizing for their bullshit

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
69 is the sex number. It's funny because Apple customers are getting hosed.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
how is 650 and 200 a profit margin of 69%?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apple is a poo poo company and I'm glad Stev Jubs got walking limonia

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i needwant a cheap smartphone with lte, is the moto e any good at all? it looks basic enough, just something to spit onto in between phones

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How did u get an iPhone without iTunes ?

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
i like my iphone but if i were to buy a phone now, i'd probably go with a galaxy s6.

later.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

69 is the sex number. It's funny because Apple customers are getting hosed.

by hot women since were cool and not sperglord android fuckers

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Nonsense posted:

i needwant a cheap smartphone with lte, is the moto e any good at all? it looks basic enough, just something to spit onto in between phones

I use a moto x and I could nitpick a ton of little issues, but the crazy long battery life is so good I don't ever want to switch phones.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

eveyrbody knows what R&D is. that is still an appallingly low cost. thats the kind of markup you give when you have to make up R&D in two weeks considering units sold. stop apologizing for their bullshit

What is Apple's total overhead cost per iPhone?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

it's only appallingly low relatively if you manage to sell millions of them every quarter. the more you sell the less R/D costs per unit. the fact that this cost is so 'low' to apple is actually a testament to their position as a desirable product for almost ten years now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Ocean Book posted:

how is 650 and 200 a profit margin of 69%?

The margin is 450, 450 is 69% (roughly) of 650, the margin is 69% of revenue.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Sokrateez posted:

The margin is 450, 450 is 69% (roughly) of 650, the margin is 69% of revenue.

ah, thanks

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
According tohe Apple website, there is no difference in the camera between my 5S and the 6 and 6 Plus. That's the only thing I give a poo poo about on this stupid babby phone with its one button bullshit.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

as opposed to Android, where you can't install AdBlock unless you root the loving thing like a turbosperg

Download towelroot.apk

Install it

Press butan

Your phone is now rooted and you can adblock and use YouTube even with the screen off

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
R&D costs basically nothing when you've been re-releasing the same phone for the last 10 or so years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

iPhone good

• Locked thread