Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
James Urbaniak is amazing.

His little "bring it on" gesture while sipping coffee when Forrest was gonna show him the picture of Gretchen. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Also Sepinwall has a good post-season interview with Daly up.
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-comedy-centrals-review-became-the-most-wonderfully-dark-show-on-tv

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 3, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Forrest was definitely onto something with the list, Grants explanation of it didn't really make sense

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
So I watched season 1 on Hulu and it was amazing, but I want to watch season 2 now and on the CC website like all the episodes are locked for some reason. Why are they locked? Where can I stream this hilarious show?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
A friend sat me down and showed me this show and it's hilarious. Now I would like to spread the joy of laughter around but I cannot find this show for sale on DVD or anything. Do they even sell it?! :smith:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Of course they sell it, it's available on all the digital platforms. DVD? it's not 2005 anymore

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's all up on Hulu like every other show on Comedy Central. The downside is that you'll have to pay for Hulu Plus in order to watch all of it, and that's arguably the worst streaming service.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Wandle Cax posted:

Of course they sell it, it's available on all the digital platforms. DVD? it's not 2005 anymore

But...but...Xmas gifts. :(

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Renewed for a "limited" third and final season. I'm just happy to have more of this show.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Really happy we'll get closure on/for Forrest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Comedy Central have definitely been better about letting things run, rather than 1-and-out cancellations, so I hope this was more coming from Andy's side than theirs. It may not be a ratings boom, but man - people who like Review REALLY like Review. It's not a show that people have no enthusiasm for, even if it's only had a limited viewership for some reason. I think it'll be one of those shows that people will stumble upon in a few years and be sad they missed out.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
It does seem like it really was a joint descision, considering that Andy got cast in an ABC sitcom with none other than Anna Gunn. Either way, I'm really psyched to get more Review even if it is for just a few more episodes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The idea of Andy on network TV to an audience of people who know him from his comedy work and probably won't remember his small appearances on things like Modern Family fills me with glee. On the surface he seems like the most normal, office worker type dude who doesn't lust for murder on the high seas. But we know different.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

The idea of Andy on network TV to an audience of people who know him from his comedy work and probably won't remember his small appearances on things like Modern Family fills me with glee. On the surface he seems like the most normal, office worker type dude who doesn't lust for murder on the high seas. But we know different.

I learned how to snap a seagull's neck and drink it's blood to survive because of Review, man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

EL BROMANCE posted:

You have to love the Commodore and the first and only condor scout.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FoneBone posted:

Renewed for a "limited" third and final season. I'm just happy to have more of this show.
I'll take it! I can't wait to see what Forrest's twisted version of redemption will be.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

God, that scene where Forrest was dressed as Batman while they discuss who takes his son is depressing. He was utterly broken over the course of four episodes and it just gets worse.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

FireWorksWell posted:

God, that scene where Forrest was dressed as Batman while they discuss who takes his son is depressing. He was utterly broken over the course of four episodes and it just gets worse.
"You showed up to court dressed like Batman and you pissed yourself."

- "...it's not my urine.."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I cannot wait to see how Forrest has his life ruined in Season 3. This was the best new show of the year in its first season and the second season was even stronger.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Zsinjeh posted:

"You showed up to court dressed like Batman and you pissed yourself."

- "...it's not my urine.."

I don't remember seeing the prom review on my first watch, but that's probably one of the most unsettling ones I've seen.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I cannot wait to see how Forrest has his life ruined in Season 3. This was the best new show of the year in its first season and the second season was even stronger.
I just hope Grant's back, somehow. What is Faust without his Devil?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I see this didn't get posted here:

https://twitter.com/TVsAndyDaly/status/726792926831894529

:toot:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I think the third season will end in triumph

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phoon posted:

"What's it like to find redemption?"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Phoon posted:

I think so too. I definitely hope so.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

After another re-watch, I think the character that I feel most sorry for is Forrest's dad. You can tell how much agony he goes through with each passing episode, and he still tries to be supportive of his son.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

FireWorksWell posted:

After another re-watch, I think the character that I feel most sorry for is Forrest's dad. You can tell how much agony he goes through with each passing episode, and he still tries to be supportive of his son.

You had to rewatch the show a second time to figure that out?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Jubs posted:

You had to rewatch the show a second time to figure that out?

Well, on my first watch through I felt rather bad for Josh, who, while he was a jackass, got shot, lost his car and I'm probably forgetting something else, all because of the actions Forrest takes during his reviews. But unlike Forrest's dad, Josh does get the better of Forrest in the next season with Tina helping out.

Falsely Accused is probably my favorite Review, though

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/forrestmacneil_/status/744981315791949824
https://twitter.com/forrestmacneil_/status/747164677507997696
https://twitter.com/forrestmacneil_/status/747165197568081920
No mention of Grant :ohdear:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Decided to get around to watching the original Australian version in a small fit of patriotism. The differences are quite interesting to behold - e.g. splitting the character of Myles into the characters of Forrest and Grant, or the fact that the Australian version features the "Murder" review (accidentally spiraling into a series of murders) in the second episode instead of saving it for a climactic moment. Definitely still the same show with the same sense of humour, though. Recommended viewing if you're jonesing for some more Review action between seasons. Four stars.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Final season premieres July 30th, Andy Daly's (not Forrest's) twitter account is tweeting various pictures from the set as they film. Potential spoilers there, though

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Decided to get around to watching the original Australian version in a small fit of patriotism. The differences are quite interesting to behold - e.g. splitting the character of Myles into the characters of Forrest and Grant, or the fact that the Australian version features the "Murder" review (accidentally spiraling into a series of murders) in the second episode instead of saving it for a climactic moment. Definitely still the same show with the same sense of humour, though. Recommended viewing if you're jonesing for some more Review action between seasons. Four stars.

I really love both versions for doing their own thing. I love Daly so the american one is my favourite but there is soooo much to love about the Australian version as well. It goes off the deep end by episode 2. The australian host always tries to wrap things up with a convoluted simile and it's so terrible and good.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 29, 2016

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I also love that the Australian host sometimes makes huge leaps of logic in the wrong direction when it comes to beginning a review, such as reading the letter from the mother asking advice on weaning her baby off breastfeeding and deciding from there that the core issue to review is addiction. It's kind of funnier in a way because unlike Forrest being honourbound to take each review request exactly as shown, Myles just blithely gets himself into horrible trouble without even being asked to half the time (eg addiction).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I also love that the Australian host sometimes makes huge leaps of logic in the wrong direction when it comes to beginning a review, such as reading the letter from the mother asking advice on weaning her baby off breastfeeding and deciding from there that the core issue to review is addiction. It's kind of funnier in a way because unlike Forrest being honourbound to take each review request exactly as shown, Myles just blithely gets himself into horrible trouble without even being asked to half the time (eg addiction).

That's an interesting difference, but one of the things I love about the Daly version of Review is how he fully embraces each review and carries it out to the letter regardless of the consequences. His earnest dedication to such a stupid job is hilarious. Does the Aussie show have an equivalent of 'there all is aching' ? Because that episode was loving great.

• Locked thread