Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Well, I was wondering where that was gonna go.

Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Forrest shouting "That's the worst thing you can say to a little person!" as his dad's house burns down has to be one of his worst deeds yet.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

It's amazing that the last email was from Willy Nilly.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
You know, after the "falsely accused" review, I was wondering if the veto system payoff would be to make Forrest review "arson" after he'd burned his vetoes. (On that note, I just realized we didn't get the pan to and music for the Veto Booth this week. Boo.) I didn't imagine they'd have Forrest burning down a house as the climax to the same episode. Holy poo poo.

Mons Hubris posted:

It's amazing that the last email was from Willy Nilly.

This too. That name made me stop for a minute, because it's so strange, and then I realized. Goddamn.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Okay, well they might actually get up to par with last season at this rate, that was just magical.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I'm sort of scared as to how far they're gonna take the show after that episode, goddamn :stare: .

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The young Forest hatch marks on the wall under the fire extinguisher were an amazing touch.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Forrest begging Josh on his knees when he was about to go to jail (WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A SAFE WORD YOU GUYS) but refusing to break character while his dad's house was burning down around him was a great touch. That whole last segment was magic.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Wow I just realized that the opening bit for "Babysitting" was Forrest and some cops searching the woods. Excellent. Love the little details in this show.

Speaking of which: William Nilly

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 14, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Legitimately incredible

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I don't think I've laughed this hard at a comedy this year, from the moment the rag caught fire until the end.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

BSam posted:

I'm really hoping he gains and loses a new girlfriend in each episode

I think this will happen.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So far this season he's had three girlfriends in three episodes and convinced a random stranger on a plane to have sex with him anywhere but the plane's bathroom.

Curious to find out where he'll end up living next episode. At least if he ends up sleeping in his office again he can easily convert the giant chair into a bed.

Also, first five-star review of the season!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Illinois Smith posted:

So far this season he's had three girlfriends in three episodes and convinced a random stranger on a plane to have sex with him anywhere but the plane's bathroom.

Curious to find out where he'll end up living next episode. At least if he ends up sleeping in his office again he can easily convert the giant chair into a bed.

Also, first five-star review of the season!

Just looking at that picture makes me laugh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That episode was absolutely incredible. I cannot believe how dark this season is already. I didn't stop laughing from the second the pan caught on fire.

Also, the AV Club review of this ep digs a lot more into the thematic elements of the episode and what it means for Forrest as a character.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I love that he was falsely accused of arson and then basically committed arson because he didn't want to stand up.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

dik-dik posted:

I love that he was falsely accused of arson and then basically committed arson because he didn't want to stand up.

:thejoke:

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I know. Still. I love it. I love this loving show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I keep changing my mind from feeling sorry for Forrest and hating him. Sometimes you watch him undertake these challenges with glee, knowing the pain it'll cause people around him and that he doesn't actually have to do these things. But deep down he's just so utterly committed to these Reviews regardless of how much they're destroying his life. Andy Daly is simply the best.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

EL BROMANCE posted:

I keep changing my mind from feeling sorry for Forrest and hating him. Sometimes you watch him undertake these challenges with glee, knowing the pain it'll cause people around him and that he doesn't actually have to do these things. But deep down he's just so utterly committed to these Reviews regardless of how much they're destroying his life. Andy Daly is simply the best.

If you want to hear some amazing Andy Daly listen to him on the Dead Author's podcast. His L. Ron is a thing of beauty

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That is in fact the only episode of Dead Authors I've listened to. Part 1 anyway, I should do Part 2 at some point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

That is in fact the only episode of Dead Authors I've listened to. Part 1 anyway, I should do Part 2 at some point.

Part 2 is even crazier and he also does one as F, Scott Fitzgerald and Marquis de Sade.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Podcast pilot project is the best Andy Daly thing

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Phoon posted:

Podcast pilot project is the best Andy Daly thing

The "Travel Bug with August Lindt" episode of that is possibly the funniest podcast I've ever listened to.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I can confirm that Travel Bug with August Lindt is pretty much peak comedy. I had never laughed so much it hurt, so consistently for 90min before listening to that podcast. It's now the thing I make my friends listen to when they're in my car for an extended period of time, it gets kind of awkward sometimes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Marquis de Sade is great because Andy Daly excels at being delightfully evil.

But the Hubbard two-parter is amazing and tied for me with Adomian as Walt Whitman for best Dead Authors eps ever. It's kinda unfair to compare that to the ADPPP just because those have three times as many funny people crammed into 90 minutes.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I think it goes without saying that any Comedy Bang Bang episode with Andy Daly is also pure gold. Listening to him juggle like fourteen characters in that one episode was especially mindblowing and hilarious.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFbSemzKuc

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Eel hovercraft posted:

I think it goes without saying that any Comedy Bang Bang episode with Andy Daly is also pure gold. Listening to him juggle like fourteen characters in that one episode was especially mindblowing and hilarious.
Oh yeah, I haven't listened to the Dalypocalypse since it came out (I think that was ep #300?) but I remember it being completely insane.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's also worth listening to Nine Sweaters, his CD that was recorded over a bunch of weeks at UCB, from memory, doing a lot of the characters he'd end up doing for Podcast Pilot Project.

God I hope that comes back, I still remember being incredibly hype for it and the first episode (Dalton Wilcox) somehow exceeded what I was hoping for.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The timing's kind of tricky, they need to record these when Daly's not working on his TV show and Gourley isn't too busy with his 700 other projects and his teaching job.

But yeah, he's said repeatedly that there will probably be more podcast eps at some point.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Is anyone else finding this season to be a little too dark? The joy of the first season was seeing Forest's life spiral out of control in increasingly elaborate ways. I feel like this year they jumped right into the deep end and boy it's bleak. I don't know where they can go from here, how much worse things can get before the bubble bursts, but i'll be here watching.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh dear god

Andy Daly posted:

If you were stunned by the ending of last week's #Review, tonight's episode might literally kill you.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I'm scared :(

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What's it like to literally kill one of your viewers?

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 20, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

What's it like to literally kill one of your viewers?

He is going to review being a cult leader tonight so who knows how it will end.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Crazy that season 2 started out extreme, and has somehow ramped that up every week since returning. It surely can't hold this pace, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think tonight's episode is supposed to have a part that was extremely physically uncomfortable for him.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Oh my god this is already going amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
He is too good at this.

• Locked thread