Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Oh jesus christ I need to rewatch this show I'm already forgetting some of its most brilliant moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Lampsacus posted:

This show reminds me of something The Onion would have made. Like that Hamming across America web series or Sex House.
The former head writer for The Onion News Network actually worked on the first season, so this is entirely justified. Similarly, everybody who enjoys this show needs to go watch Sex House right the hell now.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Nameless Pete posted:

The former head writer for The Onion News Network actually worked on the first season, so this is entirely justified. Similarly, everybody who enjoys this show needs to go watch Sex House right the hell now.
I second this. Watch it guys! It is about six sexy singles who are about to get nasty.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Forrest.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
YES! Veto time!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Oh my god what the gently caress is going on.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AJ was so pumped for a veto. :smith:

EDIT: Then again she gets to be useful.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 11, 2015

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Oh, hey, AJ got involved in a review evaluation (and also technically a review)

And they did it in a way that works.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Giving Six stars... one star.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Jessica St. Claire is really good at yelling

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well that went about as well as OH gently caress ANOTHER WEATHER ALERT LIKE IT NEVER RAINS HERE

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
That preview...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Megan Stevenson (AJ Gibbs) always has the best facial expressions.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Man, Megan Stevenson (AJ Gibbs) always has the best facial expressions.

They've been giving her some good stuff to do this season, I'm glad.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Brutal.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
drat.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Joaquin from Phoenix was a stupidly hilarious joke, but the "I have to apologize to my church" thing had me laughing hard for some reason.

Forrest's knowing nod after Jack says that they would have the first generation of kids to grow up in space also killed me.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
There is no way Forrest doesn't get some review that ends with him doing grievous harm to Joe Dale Jr. I love this show so much but god drat is it hard to watch Forrest ruin his family's life more and more every week. How many more episodes are there this season? 3?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

There is no way Forrest doesn't get some review that ends with him doing grievous harm to Joe Dale Jr. I love this show so much but god drat is it hard to watch Forrest ruin his family's life more and more every week. How many more episodes are there this season? 3?

I think it's a 10 episode run, but I can only find episode titles for the next 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Naet posted:

Joaquin from Phoenix was a stupidly hilarious joke, but the "I have to apologize to my church" thing had me laughing hard for some reason.

Forrest's knowing nod after Jack says that they would have the first generation of kids to grow up in space also killed me.

The best request is still the guy who started a crossfit gym so he wants to know what its like leading a cult.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The funniest part for me was still that second kick. AJ's flailing around panicked and then WHAM.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was sweet that AJ really didn't like hurting Forrest. But that was a show within a show, maybe it's a different Rick and Morty Forrest and AJ. That was a great episode, the loving veto nearly being used for the dumbest review was perfect.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It's hard to get a read on AJ, she clearly sees that he's crazy and rolls her eyes at him, but also wants to help for some reason. I'm not sure we'll ever learn much about her or the intern and his girlfriend, but I like that they all have their own agendas.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Omg AJ is fantastic. I love her. This episode was amazing and I want this show to go on forever.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That last segment, besides being really funny and a great continuation of the Forrest / Suzanne story, really made me appreciate Andy Daly's acting chops. Especially when he was looking at their old wedding video.

EL BROMANCE posted:

the loving veto nearly being used for the dumbest review was perfect.
It makes perfect sense from all we've seen of Forrest that that's where he draws the line. Not potentially murdering his son, nope. Compromising his rating system and with that his life's work just wouldn't do.

also YES!! VETO TIME!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 11, 2015

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I was really expecting her to hit the same ball again, and Forrest to insist on continuing until she finally hit the other after 8 tries.

wukkar fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 11, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The veto thing was perfect

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I don't remember, how specifically did Suzanne's dad die?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FireWorksWell posted:

I don't remember, how specifically did Suzanne's dad die?

Heart attack in the vomit comet iirc?

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
What? No. He didn't do up his space seatbelt right and he got slammed into the ceiling, dying instantly.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Crummelhorn posted:

What? No. He didn't do up his space seatbelt right and he got slammed into the ceiling, dying instantly.

which is why Forrest smiling at Jack discussing space in the wedding video is so hilarious and dark.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
As much as I loved 'Public Speaking' as a culmination of that plotline, an episode dedicated to Forest trying and constantly just falling short of giving something six stars would have been amazing. Plenty of existential fodder there for him to trip up on hilariously. I guess getting kicked in the balls was as good a way as any of wrapping that up though.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I still love the wrap-up on the end of that Space review.

"My only consolation is that Jack died doing what he loved."
"Almost getting into space."
*Forrest winces and nods* "Right."

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I wonder what Forrest's dad is up to. I was expecting him to be at the wedding since he's living in Joe Dale Jr's guest house

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
I was almost expecting Forest to show up at the wedding only to see that his dad was the Groom, an important bit of information he didn't hear during the phone call. That may have been a step too far though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought that he would've been so pleased at his public speaking essentially breaking up his ex-wifes relationship, that it would've gotten 6 stars.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Naet posted:

which is why Forrest smiling at Jack discussing space in the wedding video is so hilarious and dark.

Yeah, that smile definitely had meaning behind it.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

dik-dik posted:

I wonder what Forrest's dad is up to. I was expecting him to be at the wedding since he's living in Joe Dale Jr's guest house

He's busy riding on one of Joe Dale Jr's five go-karts probably

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Viginti posted:

I was almost expecting Forest to show up at the wedding only to see that his dad was the Groom
This show makes more sense than your imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Crummelhorn posted:

I felt like there was an extra layer to this joke that was easily missed.

Here's how I saw his death: Earlier in the episode we see Jack being so caught up in space (and/or dementia) that he forgets to do Forrests space seat seatbelt. They mention operating on a buddy system, so it's the buddy that buckles in the other person.
So Forrest not only got him killed by sending him into space, he personally gets him killed by forgetting to buckle him in which was something he himself had made a note of that Jack used to forget.

e: On second thought it means the last person would have no-one to strap them in, but I still think (without thinking too much on that last detail) it fits with the show that Forrest being oblivious made everything worse.

• Locked thread