Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I liked the Titans back in the day because McNair and George were an unstoppable duo in NFL 2K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mansfield
Feb 21, 2005
will never be able to kill the Grimace
I could be alone on this, but I always thought Little Big League was a superior 90s kid sports movie, not quite as classic as the Sandlot, but better than Rookie of the Year and Little Giants.

But really it could just be me being a sucker for any sports flick that ends with everyone's heart getting ripped out.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
D2 > The Sandlot, which I have never seen

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I saw Sandlot in the theater. It's great, and I'm old.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kalli posted:

Jack Del Rio if the Carr falls apart and they've got nothing

I'd bet Rex / Bowles / Quinn get a 2nd year no matter what happens though.

JDR was basically hand picked by Davis, he's safely in that second group you have listed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Sandlot is the "A Chistmas Story" of sports films; it is a timeless classic.

HOOOOO HOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

The Sandlot is the "A Chistmas Story" of sports films
Overrated.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cool training camp discussion in the training camp thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In actual news, Victor Cruz avoided the PUP. Dude must have paid top dollar for his HGH.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

You grouchy old gently caress, get down on the innocent joy of children owning at sports.

In camp-related news, several football players have reported being in the best shape of their lives, also, they are eager to just get out there and compete.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
He also showed up to report wearing a Jordan 45 jersey.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

davecrazy posted:

Post some news

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Victor Cruz will be limited in his first few weeks but should be out there.

Nobody at the Giants has any clue how bad JPP is hurt. Nobody has talked to him or seen him. Player or management.

Pugh is staying at guard not moving to tackle...yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Post some news

He did, Cruz showed up in a Jordan 45 jersey.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

WR James Jones is visiting camp as a potential FA signing. McAdoo apparently likes him.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

davecrazy posted:

When I start to judge other posts, when I start to act holier-than-thou with the discussion going on instead of joining the discussion and changing it for the better with my own posting talents, I listen to a Nas album and get humbled. I recommend Illmatic, all the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

davecrazy posted:

WR James Jones is visiting camp as a potential FA signing. McAdoo apparently likes him.

I was surprised the Chiefs didn't take a flyer on him. Ex Green Bay guy, still need receivers.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sandlot is the best Baseball movie ever made.

Please respect it and pay tribute.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Mansfield posted:

I could be alone on this, but I always thought Little Big League was a superior 90s kid sports movie, not quite as classic as the Sandlot, but better than Rookie of the Year and Little Giants.

But really it could just be me being a sucker for any sports flick that ends with everyone's heart getting ripped out.

Little Giants was terrible.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My Korean students absolutely loved the Sandlot. I expected it to be a huge flop but they lost their poo poo at the pool scene and loved all the scenes with the dog.

In Bengals news: They signed Greg Little again. :smithicide:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The thing about the Bengals is

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

that looks like an extremely good dog

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Being bored to death by a ginger behind center :colbert:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Being bored to death by a ginger behind center :colbert:

you can call andy dalton many things but boring is definitely not one of them

dude CAUGHT a touchdown smdh

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Darren McFadden starts his Dallas Cowboy career on the PUP.

This is so bad I laughed.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 31, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Yup, sounds like Skins training camp

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Going to be so loving bad. Sigh.

:cripes:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Darren McFadden starts his Dallas Cowboy career on the PUP.

This is so bad I laughed.

@NFLCharean posted:

Jerry Jones expresses confidence that Joseph Randle can step in and be "the No. 1 back."

:shepicide:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sound the alarm bells

quote:

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 4 minutes ago

Kam Chancellor did not report to Seahawks today. Everyone else present, including Michael Bennett.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

Yup, sounds like Skins training camp

Sounds like the rest of our season.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Benne posted:

Sound the alarm bells

I hope Wilson stays home tomorrow. One by one, the seahawks stop showing up

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

They are awesome, like beagles?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
File this under "Least Surprising News" http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13347709/johnny-manziel-struggles-start-cleveland-browns-training-camp

quote:

It was not a grand opening for Johnny Manziel at Cleveland Browns training camp Thursday.

The results of the second-year quarterback's first four dropbacks went like this: sack, sack, pass nearly intercepted, pass batted down at the line.

The Browns' practice was like an extension of their minicamp, without pads and with limited contact. (Plays were stopped and considered sacks when the defender was near the quarterback.) But Manziel and the other QBs could drop back, read and throw.

Josh McCown did that and generally performed well on Thursday. Manziel eventually did it a couple of times, but his overall performance did not jump out to the eye.

McCown worked exclusively with the first team, and Manziel with the backups.

"It's hard to say," coach Mike Pettine said when asked to evaluate the pair.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Dammit I had just gotten used to football being a ways off and now training camp has activated my football autism again.

LarDarius Webb failed his conditioning test which is a concern. However if Jimmy doesn't get IR'd I'm not too concerned with the secondary since they'll be getting help from a good front 7. As long as we're not fielding 19th stringers throughout the secondary, it won't be back-breaking like it was last season.

Ravens first round pick Breshad Perriman hurt his knee in practice today. The Ravens staff have said it's minor and should only sideline him for a few days. Still excited to see if he does anything special.

I know people were down on the pick for him seeming like Torrey 2.0, and that's okay if that's what we're stuck with. Torrey may have been mediocre with peaks and valleys but he was still the best WR the franchise ever drafted. The good thing is Perriman has much better catching mechanics. Torrey had Alex Smith sized hands so he'd always catch with his body. He always went to the ground after 90% of his receptions. The majority of the ones he'd get any YAC on were when he'd leave a corner in the dust and have an uncontested bomb waiting for him. Guy has a high ceiling and I know I shouldn't be stupid to put hopes in a Ravens WR but it's fun to dream. :( I'd hate for this window with the awesome OL is wasted with sub-par WR play.

I just don't want to have to depend on Steve Smith so much so he'll be able to contribute in January (if we make it that far.) Forsett did great last year but a lot of his success was on the line just destroying defenses. He's got good vision and is a nice one-cut back, but he's not making guys miss or trucking anyone.

Either way I still have a month or two to believe that a Ravens offense is totally going to be amazing this season.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sour Diesel trust in Steve Smith.

Lmao that game against the Panthers was a thing of beauty.

He even lived up to his poo poo talk.

:magical:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Well, that took longer than expected, but I was able to block all of the posters that didn't care for The Sandlot. Y'all tripping

Also, Nate Burleson realized he's done with football and is going to call Lions preseason games for Fox Sports Detroit. I thought he did very good work when filling in for ESPN and hopefully this leads to a color commentary gig with Dan Miller on the radio or something more permanent with the club.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Sound the alarm bells

Jesus Christ I'm starting to think I was right about the team falling apart :suicide:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Dattserberg posted:

Well, that took longer than expected, but I was able to block all of the posters that didn't care for The Sandlot. Y'all tripping

Also, Nate Burleson realized he's done with football and is going to call Lions preseason games for Fox Sports Detroit. I thought he did very good work when filling in for ESPN and hopefully this leads to a color commentary gig with Dan Miller on the radio or something more permanent with the club.

He's been really solid on the NFL Network with the one big exception of not criticizing anyone because he just played with everyone. He's a smart dude with a good sense of humor. I really, really want Ike Taylor doing some work, he's always hilarious on those Top 100 Countdowns and really the only reason to watch.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

warcrimes posted:

He's been really solid on the NFL Network with the one big exception of not criticizing anyone because he just played with everyone. He's a smart dude with a good sense of humor. I really, really want Ike Taylor doing some work, he's always hilarious on those Top 100 Countdowns and really the only reason to watch.

Ike is the best. He's at training camp right now even though he's retired, not a coaching intern. He just can't stay away, and everyone loves him (especially Dan Rooney) so no one is gonna ask him to go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ike is the best. He's at training camp right now even though he's retired, not a coaching intern. He just can't stay away, and everyone loves him (especially Dan Rooney) so no one is gonna ask him to go home

The black George Clooney is loving awesome

• Locked thread