Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Dammit I had just gotten used to football being a ways off and now training camp has activated my football autism again.

LarDarius Webb failed his conditioning test which is a concern. However if Jimmy doesn't get IR'd I'm not too concerned with the secondary since they'll be getting help from a good front 7. As long as we're not fielding 19th stringers throughout the secondary, it won't be back-breaking like it was last season.

Ravens first round pick Breshad Perriman hurt his knee in practice today. The Ravens staff have said it's minor and should only sideline him for a few days. Still excited to see if he does anything special.

I know people were down on the pick for him seeming like Torrey 2.0, and that's okay if that's what we're stuck with. Torrey may have been mediocre with peaks and valleys but he was still the best WR the franchise ever drafted. The good thing is Perriman has much better catching mechanics. Torrey had Alex Smith sized hands so he'd always catch with his body. He always went to the ground after 90% of his receptions. The majority of the ones he'd get any YAC on were when he'd leave a corner in the dust and have an uncontested bomb waiting for him. Guy has a high ceiling and I know I shouldn't be stupid to put hopes in a Ravens WR but it's fun to dream. :( I'd hate for this window with the awesome OL is wasted with sub-par WR play.

I just don't want to have to depend on Steve Smith so much so he'll be able to contribute in January (if we make it that far.) Forsett did great last year but a lot of his success was on the line just destroying defenses. He's got good vision and is a nice one-cut back, but he's not making guys miss or trucking anyone.

Either way I still have a month or two to believe that a Ravens offense is totally going to be amazing this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Sour Diesel trust in Steve Smith.

Lmao that game against the Panthers was a thing of beauty.

He even lived up to his poo poo talk.

:magical:

i was hoping after that game someone would take a jab at him being ringless, so he'd drag the ravens kicking and screaming to the super bowl

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ehud posted:

More Bills QB stuff

‏@mikerodak: Bills QBs very mediocre today. From 11-on-11s that I watched:

Cassel: 5 for 7, INT
Taylor: 2 for 4, 3 sacks, TD
Manuel: 0 for 1, 2 sacks

tyrod will rise

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

looks like we need an advanced metric to measure just how much Lebron James Over Average players have

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

two legs can't be convicted of the same crime

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

matt ryan sucks and is also a bitch

much like the team he plays for

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

hey! that is NOT what i posted!!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Burger Trench posted:

Just give him the start, why the gently caress not?

Mike Rodak @mikerodak
Tyrod Taylor doing Tyrod things: scrambles, avoids what might've been a sack and heaves a TD pass to Marquise Goodwin.

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn
Tyrod Taylor hits Marquise Goodwin in stride for a 65-yard TD. Decent day for Taylor overall.

we could all use some tyrod time this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

it's going to suck getting absolutely smashed by a fresh and healthy peyton week 1

• Locked thread