Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
That seems odd to me, but I am certainly no expert. What state are you in? I'm in California and work full time, but I almost never get to work a full 40 hours/week. I get closer to 36-38. Full time at my job is basically defined as "over 34" and you have to be out of status (working more than 34 hours if you're part-time, or under 34 if you're full time) for 6 weeks straight before it affects your benefits. I honestly don't know how much of that is company policy and how much is a legal issue, but I've never heard of a full time employee being penalized for dropping under 40 hours. Especially if it was because you used your vacation time and not, like, dipping out early every day or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
The way I read it, they offered him basically a $120/check bonus for NOT getting healthcare through them... but I don't see how that could be taken away when, if OP had opted for insurance through them, it would not have been taken away just because he dropped under 40 hours.

• Locked thread