Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

n8r posted:

You have opted out of healthcare but they are deducting $120/pay period regardless?

I also find this odd.

My understanding is that the law is that you have to pay for healthcare or pay a fine. I can't see how they can make you pay fine if you are getting healthcare elsewhere. I would consult an employment attorney. The very few times i have been at an impasse with Human Resources, just uttering the phrase "that's odd, but my brother is an employment attorney... I'll just ask him" seems to clear things right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I'm not sure how unfriendly your company is being about this, but I'd return to whomever you're having this discussion with and tell them you looked into it and you can't figure out where this requirement comes from, and ask them to explain it or point you toward the law where you can find it.

My (limited) experience with AHA is that basically nobody understands it.

Further, I think raising a stink about your take home pay dropping $120/mo with no warning is understandable and expected.

• Locked thread