Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

sheri posted:

I don't think they have to offer you opt out money. Nothing about opt out $ was included in ACA.

You probably had to work 40 hours a week a minimum of x weeks a year to continue getting the opt out cash, and you worked less than that too many times. Sounds like their policy, not Obamacare.

What opt out money? The opt out money here is simply not having to pay for the insurance. Previously he was not enrolled in the insurance his employer offers as he is insured under his wife's plan. Now apparently he is being forced into his company's health care plan and can't opt out, hence the drop in pay. The company is blaming the ACA for it but the ACA doesn't mandate that an employee has to utilize his employer's health insurance, it only mandates that if a company is of sufficient size it has to provide the option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread