Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
are making science gadgets for Batman? Like half of his poo poo is covered in bat logos. Do they sign some sort of NDA? I mean they have to obviously see some of this poo poo being used on the news and would connect the dots. Or at least that Bruce Wayne at a minimum is funding Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
team of rain man-esque idiot savants

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe they swap scientists every few months? That way not any one scientist sees a full project. But if that were the case they would be notorious in what their turnover rate is. Someone would get suspicious.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Batman makes all the cool poo poo himself.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Or wanye could just be like batman stole our poo poo guys.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

comics are for children

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is like asking why thomas the tank engine has a human face and emotions

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Wayne is french for bat, so it makes sense to them to put their logo on all the poo poo.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Windows 98 posted:

Maybe they swap scientists every few months? That way not any one scientist sees a full project. But if that were the case they would be notorious in what their turnover rate is. Someone would get suspicious.

Batman hires undocumented foreign scientists and does everything off the books. When they are done he beats them into a coma, dresses them as thugs, and leaves them in the street for the police to collect.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TEAYCHES posted:

because he's a were-train you dumb idiot retard

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
facebook and google went on for many many years before they found out that they were building a spy network for the feds :shrug:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Outsourcing duh.

Probably frames it as being anti-brain drain in those countries but you know he's getting massive kick backs.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

because he's loving batman you poo poo head. you clod. you loving dick.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

because he's loving batman you poo poo head. you clod. you loving dick.

Yeah but like even all the computers and poo poo. Is Bruce Wayne also an IT admin?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

Ironically the answer is the same, autism

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Morgan Freeman puts the bat logos on personally.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Profondo Rosso posted:

Ironically the answer is the same, autism

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

It's to indocrinate kids into crony capitalism.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Batman could probably capture some of his supergenius enemies and use them as slaves (as a form of 'rehabilitation') and it wouldn't even seem to out of character.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Atari posted:

Batman could probably capture some of his supergenius enemies and use them as slaves (as a form of 'rehabilitation') and it wouldn't even seem to out of character.

why doesnt the government give like Mad Hatter and Riddler and Mr Freeze and whoever a good job with a 7 figure salary to make cool poo poo? i'm sure they would stop doing crimes if they are rich and lazy. it has to cost that much to make fancy jails for them anyway

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
movies covered this

it's a single cool black guy

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Wayne is french for bat, so it makes sense to them to put their logo on all the poo poo.

No it's not. But bat in Vietnamese is gay, so I'm still seeing some connections there.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Rutibex posted:

why doesnt the government give like Mad Hatter and Riddler and Mr Freeze and whoever a good job with a 7 figure salary to make cool poo poo? i'm sure they would stop doing crimes if they are rich and lazy. it has to cost that much to make fancy jails for them anyway

"some people just want to watch the world cuck"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i knew this wasnt true bc it wasn't in a cracked "5 REAL secret superhero origins" article

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Batman is a comic and things happen because that's how the story writers want them to go.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Yeah but like even all the computers and poo poo. Is Bruce Wayne also an IT admin?

I wouldn't be surprised if Batman hacked the Gibson while performing open heart surgery on Robin.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I'm pretty sure Mr freeze only commits crimes to fund his medical research to fix whatever his wife is dying from, so he definitely could be pacified pretty easily, while also solving a medical issue. Poison Ivy has a power that could achieve so much good that if she can't be forced to cooperate she should be dissected for research purposes. Riddler could be tricked into solving maths problems and crunching complex data by presenting it as a challenge from batman. But I'll bet batman would pay the government not to utilise them though because they are the villain characters in the hero LARP he must maintain to avoid addressing his issues.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

No it's not. But bat in Vietnamese is gay, so I'm still seeing some connections there.

shiksa posted:

i knew this wasnt true bc it wasn't in a cracked "5 REAL secret superhero origins" article

It's true you buttheads

naem
May 29, 2011

Patrick Bateman should play batman

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TEAYCHES posted:

Applewhite posted:

Morgan Freeman puts the bat logos on personally.

Idk why but both of those cracked me up, so thanks guys.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I want a batcave origin story, with Wayne down there trying to pour concrete and secure steel beams to the cave walls. And then running all the wiring. And then realizing he's got to take a piss.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

but concrete cant secure steel beams batman

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Nostratic posted:

I want a batcave origin story, with Wayne down there trying to pour concrete and secure steel beams to the cave walls. And then running all the wiring. And then realizing he's got to take a piss.

He just pees in the cave. I think that is what caves are for.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Alfred would clearly hold batman's piss bottles.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
When you said Batcave origin story I thought you meant the story of his father Thomas choosing to build a mansion on unstable ground and having to get contractors to overlook obvious safety issues to proceed with building, and then him thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if my son will ever truly appreciate the cave system beneath this mansion..." as a godawful way of shoehorning some sort of explanation in to the Batman story.

Why has an artist not done this side of the origin story?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

facebook and google went on for many many years before they found out that they were building a spy network for the feds :shrug:

This was cheeky and I like it

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Batman probably commissions a lot of individual parts from a bunch of factories and has them shipped to Morgan Freeman's lab so he can put it all together

and then Batman sticks li'l bat stickers all over them

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I always assumed he had an awesome 3d batprinter.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

l33t b4c0n posted:

When you said Batcave origin story I thought you meant the story of his father Thomas choosing to build a mansion on unstable ground and having to get contractors to overlook obvious safety issues to proceed with building, and then him thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if my son will ever truly appreciate the cave system beneath this mansion..." as a godawful way of shoehorning some sort of explanation in to the Batman story.

Why has an artist not done this side of the origin story?

Batman: Dark Cave Rises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Origin story of the Bat Belt

• Locked thread