Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Efexeye posted:

flair's kid has a negative rear end. how is that even possible?

She's wearing that Miley Cyrus gear that flattens your rear end even more than it already is. She needs some Paige or AJ shorts or some long tights like Natalya wears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Reminder that Ultima Lucha is going to loving happen in 2 days and whatever way you find to watch it, it will be more than worth it and 50x better than this garbage

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE: gently caress it, *throws fish*

I agree, best that made this RAW the best episode of the year so far.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That dog look loving horrified.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fsmhunk posted:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Fsmhunk posted:

Yes, I'm sure it seemed funny at first, but it was clearly animal abuse.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I watch LU and G1 and just read Raw recaps in the OP every week and abuse the free network every month.

It doesn't have to be so bad guys

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ParanoidInc posted:

Reminder that Ultima Lucha is going to loving happen in 2 days and whatever way you find to watch it, it will be more than worth it and 50x better than this garbage

Well, only the first hour this week. The other two hours happen next week. But this week is going to be really good. There's a blood feud falls count anywhere match, the Trios Tag Title match (with that leaping gentleman pictured above), and a fan lumberjack strap match.

Even if you haven't watched any of this season, these two shows will be worth it. None of the stories are too complex to understand what is happening and they do good, quick recaps. Also here's 37 hours of Lucha Underground in 37 minutes to (sort of) catch you up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPkT7aAhsE

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yeah and if you don't read the LU thread you are missing out on stuff like them giving shmoes out of the crowd straps and asking them to shoot beat the workers at ringside with them in a janky-rear end lumberjack hybrid...thing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

meltzer said that the lumberjacks are almost entirely real fans with only a couple plants and that their only instruction was "not in the face" so they actually whip the poo poo out of Hernandez

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

She's wearing that Miley Cyrus gear that flattens your rear end even more than it already is. She needs some Paige or AJ shorts or some long tights like Natalya wears.

Or, you know, don't worry about what her rear end looks like.

oatgan posted:

meltzer said that the lumberjacks are almost entirely real fans with only a couple plants and that their only instruction was "not in the face" so they actually whip the poo poo out of Hernandez

There's actually a goon in the LU thread who got to participate in this. They've posted a few comments about it in that thread and it sounds as unreal as it seems that it would be.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

This is the only proper way to use Hernandez

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Corporate Kane posted:

always look on the bright side of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

This should be our theme song

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We are never going to hear the end of John Cena breaking his nose and roughing it out because he is the toughest tough to ever tough.

I think you're wrong, for example we never heard about Haitch toughing out his quad tear

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

No one is worried about it. She just has no rear end is all. It's remarkable.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
hey guys I just got back from the concert I decided to go to instead of watching Raw! I was following along between acts but my phone died right after I read about Rusev's fishy adventures, wonder what else happened on Raw -

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Life is suffering I want to die and all my optimism is pointless

Then

Now

FOREVER

:catstare:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also WWE is bad, don't watch it.

on it, chief

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ambrose took three finishers from Big Show, so this was to be expected.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

RIP Dean Ambrose lost a lot and died.

No, because after the match Big Show ran at Ambrose but Ambrose stepped aside and then Big Show crashed into the barricade and we all had a hearty laugh that Ambrose got the last laugh and his theme music played and wins (and titles) don't matter in the WWE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

Phenix Rising posted:

There's actually a goon in the LU thread who got to participate in this. They've posted a few comments about it in that thread and it sounds as unreal as it seems that it would be.

I'm that goon and what Meltzer said is true. I think there were two plants in the crowd to do one spot and all the rest were just fans. Some of them are regulars who come to a lot of tapings, but some like me were just contacted via twitter or email beforehand. We actually quickly met with Hernandez, Drago, and Chavo (he's not involved in the match but he was helping with booking it) briefly before the show and the instruction from Hernandez himself was "The ONLY thing you can do that will piss me off is hit me like a fuckin' baby" and to avoid the face and neck. The basic gist was hit Hernandez as hard as you can, as often as you can. It was pretty insane, those aren't soft belts. We had to sign some serious waivers.

Even if you don't like Hernandez, you will probably enjoy this match. Maybe especially if you don't like Hernandez.

They actually put us back in the crowd for the whole show beforehand and told us not to tell anyone what was up, just to blow the minds of the people we were sitting near.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Lumberfan stuff

Holy poo poo that sounds amazing

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
When you just concede Raw is the John Cena show and then nap through most of it (except the NEw Day segments of course), Raw becomes a pretty great show.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phenix Rising posted:

She shouldn't wear those shorts just like big fat guys shouldn't wear tiny trunks. Dress for your body type.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

StarkRavingMad posted:

We actually quickly met with Hernandez, Drago, and Chavo (he's not involved in the match but he was helping with booking it) briefly before the show and the instruction from Hernandez himself was "The ONLY thing you can do that will piss me off is hit me like a fuckin' baby" and to avoid the face and neck.

Wrestlers are great, they want you to hit them as hard as you can with no consequences.

I mean it'd be because I'm a noodle armed geek but still

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ugh I really should be watching Lucha Underground but I just feel so far behind now

I'm gonna watch that recap and YouTube highlights from the season, do y'all think that'll be enough? Seems like the storylines are a bit more complex than, say, New Japan, where there's basically no storyline beyond "X beat Y in a match recently" or "X used to be champion"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tr33 posted:

When you just concede Raw is the John Cena show and then nap through most of it (except the NEw Day segments of course), Raw becomes a pretty great show.

Watch Smackdown, nothing matters except PPV Main Events (including belts), John Cena always wins and just accept it, endings and Big Show will be dumb, everything else should be pretty rad

(and shut the gently caress about Bray)

(not you, just in general)

Tr33
May 26, 2007

lol, understood

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

abraham linksys posted:

ugh I really should be watching Lucha Underground but I just feel so far behind now

I'm gonna watch that recap and YouTube highlights from the season, do y'all think that'll be enough? Seems like the storylines are a bit more complex than, say, New Japan, where there's basically no storyline beyond "X beat Y in a match recently" or "X used to be champion"

That's probably enough. Going into the finale nothing is really that complex, at this point it all boils down to either "I loving hate you" or "I want the belt." I'll do little previews of the card (already all been announced, so not spoilers) and the relevant backstory in the LU thread before this week and next week, but understanding stuff like how Mil Muertes came back from the dead isn't really critical to the match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

The recap's perfect, most storylines aren't necessary for Ultima Lucha like Stark said

Tr33
May 26, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

Like most people I don't get El Rey and it being on wednesday night has been made it tough for me to choose when I should watch it on a stream or NXT, but generally each time I've randomly tuned in it's been relatively easy to follow where the story has been going. Just jump in man!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think Raw's been pretty solid for the past couple weeks and everyone's just :qq:ing because the guys they like didn't win. Come at me. :toughguy:

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
I just found something really weird. I was watching the commercial for WWE '16 with Arnold Swarzenegger as a playable character and my wife said something to me, so I hit pause on Youtube. I just happened to catch this and figured I would take a screenshot for posterity:

Does that mean anything at all, or is it just filler text someone at WWE told THQ (or whoever the gently caress does the games nowdays) to throw in there as filler text?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zen Dudeism posted:

I just found something really weird. I was watching the commercial for WWE '16 with Arnold Swarzenegger as a playable character and my wife said something to me, so I hit pause on Youtube. I just happened to catch this and figured I would take a screenshot for posterity:

Does that mean anything at all, or is it just filler text someone at WWE told THQ (or whoever the gently caress does the games nowdays) to throw in there as filler text?

It's listing highest accomplishments. I think it also mentioned Bryan being WWE champ, Paige being just a diva because she's won nothing, and Balor who just happens to currently be NXT champ.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I think Raw's been pretty solid for the past couple weeks and everyone's just :qq:ing because the guys they like didn't win. Come at me. :toughguy:

bog how

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Unless I'm missing something you're talking about the Dean Ambrose US Champ thing, 5.19.13 is when he won the US title when he was in the Shield.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

sticklefifer posted:

Yes. When wrestlers people like constantly lose, it affects their enjoyment of the product. What a concept.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yes. When wrestlers people like constantly lose, it affects their enjoyment of the product. What a concept.

How dare you interrupt his sick burns complete with sarcastic smilies

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
No but seriously where'd all this ISIS stuff come from?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

DukeofCA posted:

I think Dave Meltzer made a sarcastic reference that he was a member of ISIS or someone made an accusation of the same and the board ran with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

DukeofCA posted:

Well some say it's a result of Obama pulling out of Iraq while other's argue that if Bush had never gone in there in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about insurgent uprisings to begin with...

• Locked thread