Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Unironically hope whatever has Foochs depressed gets better because it must be serious if it's broken his spirit and isn't wrestling related

Thanks for the concern, it is not better in the sense of actually being better but I am numbing to it so I am less meltdown-y.

I am not being ironic by the way, you guys' concern really means a lot to me and makes me smile so thank you all very much. :)

By the way John Cena, US Champion, should not be tapping out the WORLD loving CHAMPION CLEAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING under any circumstances ever unless they want to Jay Lethal/Ultimate Warrior him which would be fine if he was actually a young guy or an up and comer but he's John loving Cena. That's why I personally lost my poo poo, not because I like Rollins more.

Also I had a thought wave that was depressing. Well sort of depressing. Knowing what they did now, I wish they'd had Reigns pin Brock THEN do the cash-in. You literally wouldn't have to do anything different to how you've booked since then, and you'd have the following:

-Reigns gets the rub from beating The One In Twenty-One And One, and not just Taker getting the win back.
-The crowd would boo Reigns winning but still mark out for Seth's cash-in to avoid too much making GBS threads on Reigns' moment.
-Seth would've actually pinned the champion instead of just being a loving goober. At least in terms of his win, anyway.
-For all we know, the crowd might've actually been hot for Reigns chasing to get his title back; they really were starting to turn towards him at Mania.

Literally the only reasons to do it how they did it were to protect Brock (a part-timer costing them tons of money) and to do something admittedly new and different with the MITB case. The only logic I can think of is that they really were that scared to put the title on Reigns even for five minutes, which is so WWE I can't even put it into words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
As much as I give you grief here and on Twitter, I really hope things get better for you soon man.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Part of the joy in that ending to Wrestlemanis was seeing Reigns get screwed out of his first WWE WHC reign.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Astro7x posted:

Part of the joy in that ending to Wrestlemanis was seeing Reigns get screwed out of his first WWE WHC reign.

Yeah that owned, hopefully they keep doing that only this time film Sika throwing a fit and air that too

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Astro7x posted:

this and nash selling the quad were the only really good parts of this last wrestlemania

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

this and nash selling the quad were the only really good parts of this last wrestlemania

Tank

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You guys can be mad at the rest of the show if you want, but I'm going to choose to be happy that the women got two matches, a backstage promo where the story was "these women all think they are the best at wrestling and want to wrestle each other to see who is the best", and a video package about who Sasha Banks is and why maybe she is the best at wrestling, watch her match to find out. That is good stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

You guys can be mad at the rest of the show if you want, but I'm going to choose to be happy that the women got two matches, a backstage promo where the story was "these women all think they are the best at wrestling and want to wrestle each other to see who is the best", and a video package about who Sasha Banks is and why maybe she is the best at wrestling, watch her match to find out. That is good stuff.

I loved most of that stuff except the backstage promo because "Steph was actually responsible for the women's revolution"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thanks for the concern, it is not better in the sense of actually being better but I am numbing to it so I am less meltdown-y.

I am not being ironic by the way, you guys' concern really means a lot to me and makes me smile so thank you all very much. :)

By the way John Cena, US Champion, should not be tapping out the WORLD loving CHAMPION CLEAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING under any circumstances ever unless they want to Jay Lethal/Ultimate Warrior him which would be fine if he was actually a young guy or an up and comer but he's John loving Cena. That's why I personally lost my poo poo, not because I like Rollins more.

Also I had a thought wave that was depressing. Well sort of depressing. Knowing what they did now, I wish they'd had Reigns pin Brock THEN do the cash-in. You literally wouldn't have to do anything different to how you've booked since then, and you'd have the following:

-Reigns gets the rub from beating The One In Twenty-One And One, and not just Taker getting the win back.
-The crowd would boo Reigns winning but still mark out for Seth's cash-in to avoid too much making GBS threads on Reigns' moment.
-Seth would've actually pinned the champion instead of just being a loving goober. At least in terms of his win, anyway.
-For all we know, the crowd might've actually been hot for Reigns chasing to get his title back; they really were starting to turn towards him at Mania.

Literally the only reasons to do it how they did it were to protect Brock (a part-timer costing them tons of money) and to do something admittedly new and different with the MITB case. The only logic I can think of is that they really were that scared to put the title on Reigns even for five minutes, which is so WWE I can't even put it into words.

It's just wrestling you big silly. Nothing worth investing this much of yourself in. You're a genuinely lovely bloke so stop being a daftie and letting bad soap opera ruin your days. There's loads of great wrestling out there that isn't ran by an old weirdo and his faux tough man son.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Chris James 2 posted:

I loved most of that stuff except the backstage promo because "Steph was actually responsible for the women's revolution"

To be fair, this was said by one heel, and was dismissed by the three faces.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there any way Seth gets heat for the knee? I don't really see it, but you never know.

Also the only good think about the Cena/Seth match (aside from the fact that it was objectively a quality match with two greats, booking aside) is that it was one on one and Cena didn't win INCLUDING five on one odds or what the gently caress ever.

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's just wrestling you big silly. Nothing worth investing this much of yourself in. You're a genuinely lovely bloke so stop being a daftie and letting bad soap opera ruin your days. There's loads of great wrestling out there that isn't ran by an old weirdo and his faux tough man son.

There's a lot more going on in my life than wrestling and sometimes dissecting wrestling helps me feel better on some level because it's easier to make SOME kind of sense of that than some of the other stuff. :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sup fellas, instead of watching RAW, I watched some nerds thunderfuck the game of Tetris in ways unimaginable. Thank you for continuing to put our Eck Master in the OP.

After catching up a little, I gotta say that New Day is awesome, Rusev is actually extremely funny, and everything else sucks

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

RKO

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

I do worry a little that New Day owning so much is going to lead to WWE deciding to turn them face and reverting them back to the boring vaguely gospel losers that they were before.

They'll just have them stop doing stuff that the fans like. Sort of like what happened to Barrett.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

That was cool but in retrospect maybe it'd be better if he had won. The WWE WHC is a joke now. Rollins has no credibility. At least with Reigns it'd be WWE putting something different at the top of the card. And the title would matter. Plus I'd like to see Reigns-Lesnar again. That was a great match.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

"Suplex City bitch!"

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Never forget.

NEVER FORGET.

It's funny AJ Lee's last moments in WWE was her laying outside the ring for like 10 minutes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

That was cool but in retrospect maybe it'd be better if he had won. The WWE WHC is a joke now. Rollins has no credibility. At least with Reigns it'd be WWE putting something different at the top of the card. And the title would matter. Plus I'd like to see Reigns-Lesnar again. That was a great match.

Yeah exactly.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Sotar posted:

"Suplex City bitch!"

Roman Reigns' family of angry Samoan marks.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

all those things are actually bad except for romans lovely family but that fits in with the first good thing

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seth Rollins is super good at going out and having an incredible back and forth match with the top people in the company and showing he really has it and just takes shortcuts because it's easier. Then he loses because he's poo poo.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

all those things are actually bad except for romans lovely family but that fits in with the first good thing

Hm. Wrong.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

It's funny AJ Lee's last moments in WWE was her laying outside the ring for like 10 minutes.

AJ Lee collecting a five/six figure paycheck for getting Yamcha'd before quitting and returning to her life of luxury and videogames with her husband not a month after utterly humiliating her boss on Twitter.

The Brooks are living the dream.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

My wife thought they were editing AJ out when they showed the match on Total Divas. I mean they were, but it wasn't hard when she was on the outside the entire time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

8pm: 3.421
9pm: 3.754
10pm: 3.839

Avg: 3.671

Down from last year's

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
John Cena breaks his nose and the ratings go up.

Vince contemplating new ways to injure Cena all of a sudden.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Charlotte carelessly kneeing Alicia in the head at 1 minute mark and now Alicia Fox has a concussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Tl-T6mA_Q

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Alicia Fox has a concussion from taking a neck bump off of a single leg trip for some godforsaken reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chris James 2 posted:

8pm: 3.421
9pm: 3.754
10pm: 3.839

Avg: 3.671

Down from last year's

Roman Reigns desparately needs to be in the main event spot again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Where was Roman Reigns, anyway? Any reason he wasn't there?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Where was Roman Reigns, anyway? Any reason he wasn't there?

If he was there they might have had to explain why he didn't run out and attack Wyatt during his in-ring promo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Charlotte carelessly kneeing Alicia in the head at 1 minute mark and now Alicia Fox has a concussion:
The new are trying to take out the old by shooting on them

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Bard Maddox posted:

Alicia Fox has a concussion from taking a neck bump off of a single leg trip for some godforsaken reason

Anyone got this gif, btw?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I was watching the Cena v Rollins match and I'm guessing the reason Cena's nose broke was because he miss timed his head movements during the knee strike.

It sucks Rollins didn't win he is an awesome talent I'm worried WWE will spoil him. That suplex off the top rope into a second suplex was awesome, I really do think they should start to let Rollins beat more top guys clean.

I know he's a heel but just have him fight dirty ie low blows all the running away really makes him look like he isnt a threat.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Who are they gonna replace her with? And how the gently caress are they gonna explain it without it being "we are taking everyone off tv who has been concussed because of the lawsuit but we aren't mentioning it because of the lawsuit"?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

John Cena tapped put Seth Rollins because Cena is a good champion and Rollins is a horrible champion.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

VoLaTiLe posted:

I was watching the Cena v Rollins match and I'm guessing the reason Cena's nose broke was because he miss timed his head movements during the knee strike.

It sucks Rollins didn't win he is an awesome talent I'm worried WWE will spoil him. That suplex off the top rope into a second suplex was awesome, I really do think they should start to let Rollins beat more top guys clean.

I know he's a heel but just have him fight dirty ie low blows all the running away really makes him look like he isnt a threat.

If you're a heel who actually beats guys via cheating, you can look like a threat just fine. The threat is that you're a dirty mother fucker and you will win by any means necessary.

What makes you not look like a threat is losing matches.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

John Cena tapped put Seth Rollins because Cena is a good champion and Rollins is a horrible champion.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Anyone got this gif, btw?
https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/626138854077169664
Here you go

Should replace Alicia with Nattie honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/626138854077169664
Here you go

Should replace Alicia with Nattie honestly

Aksana blasting Naomi with a knee was worse haha. Remember that one?

• Locked thread