Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

meltzer said that the lumberjacks are almost entirely real fans with only a couple plants and that their only instruction was "not in the face" so they actually whip the poo poo out of Hernandez

This is the only proper way to use Hernandez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

AlmightyPants posted:

Who are they gonna replace her with? And how the gently caress are they gonna explain it without it being "we are taking everyone off tv who has been concussed because of the lawsuit but we aren't mentioning it because of the lawsuit"?

Ahem, "mild concussion" http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-07-27/alicia-fox-injured

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The New Day took an awful dated gimmick and turned it around into something legit entertaining through their sheer force of charisma and wrestling skill. If you can't appreciate that I'm not sure what to tell you.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Fenrir posted:

Uh, why is Stardust wrestling King Whassup... I don't even :psyduck:

You missed the Wade Barrett burial Barrett/Truth feud, didn't you

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
More and more I think that not giving Roman the briefcase was a mistake. He was getting rehabbed nicely leading into MITB, and got the coolest spots in that match, and by the end even I was cool with him winning. He could've done the babyface thing of cashing in ahead of time and they could've run Rollins/Reigns at SummerSlam, and I think people would've been very happy if he won there. In that scenario, they probably wouldn't have had to hit the Cena panic button since that's a great co-main under Taker/Brock.

Instead they gave it to a heatless midcarder nobody wants to see win the title, and you would barely even know he has the briefcase.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

This way he can win the Rumble again and win the belt proper at Mania

Nobody's gonna complain about it either because with Taker/Sting + Main Event HHH/Rock + no Rousey because they couldn't pay Dana enough to get her again, it's not like fans will have just one thing to focus their rage on this year

I'll be shocked if Cena isn't carrying the belt into Mania. You know the money shot Vince wants -- Cena loses to Reigns cleanly, shakes his hand afterwards, lifts up his arm, and possibly has a literal torch to hand off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Niwrad posted:

I think my problem with Sheamus and the briefcase is that you barely know he has it. He doesn't taunt the champ with it and doesn't really bring it up much. I don't think he's even teased a cash-in which is always fun.

Unless the strategy is to make everyone forget he has it so it's a big surprise when he does choose to cash-in. But that seems like a waste.

The other problem with him winning is ... where's the story? Usually when a guy wins the briefcase you can immediately see what stories and feuds he will have for the next several months (like Rollins last year with the Shield fallout). The gently caress has Sheamus been doing lately, other than a feud with Orton that nobody cares about?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seems like only a matter of time before Vince digs up NXT tapes in the dumpster, sees Becky Lynch's debut Riverdance gimmick, and is like "HOLY poo poo WE GOTTA DO THIS"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Observer posted:

With the Lana as the female superstar of the company direction already seemingly changed and her now just being another character on the show, the new idea is to find a “Latin female star of the company.” They are looking for sex appeal and Spanish speaking skills for someone who can be front and center to expanding to the Latin audience. Like with Lana, it doesn’t have to be a wrestler. There are people who are starting to search for Latin female weather reporters in Mexico who are chosen for looks. The perfect person they are looking for is, unfortunately for them, under contract with Lucha Underground in Melissa Santos, who is easily the best female ring announcer in the wrestling business right now. Well, if Lucha Underground doesn’t have a second season, she’d be available.

Hope y'all ready for that Rosa Mendes push

Also lol at them loving up Lana's push so badly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lana and Roman Reigns are Exhibit A and B for how, even when WWE wants someone to get over, they still gently caress it up

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So if Cena has to miss Summerslam, who does Rollins get as an opponent? Does he even defend the title or just get plugged into one of the random multi-man matches they're building up?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't wait for them to Photoshop The Giant as the third man at Bash at the Beach

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when Andre bodyslammed himself in front of 500,000 screaming Andremaniacs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That thread went about as predicted

• Locked thread