Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Cena beat Rollins clean and made him tap out. Now that we know this we can focus on a more important matter: The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar main event at SummerSlam sponsored by Mtn Dew and Golden Corral and Jimmy John's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
ISummerISlam

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

RIP Dean Ambrose lost a lot and died.

No, because after the match Big Show ran at Ambrose but Ambrose stepped aside and then Big Show crashed into the barricade and we all had a hearty laugh that Ambrose got the last laugh and his theme music played and wins (and titles) don't matter in the WWE

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

What will happen to the WWE when John Cena's sex tape is found along with his racist rant in the near future?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Benne posted:

The other problem with him winning is ... where's the story? Usually when a guy wins the briefcase you can immediately see what stories and feuds he will have for the next several months (like Rollins last year with the Shield fallout). The gently caress has Sheamus been doing lately, other than a feud with Orton that nobody cares about?

Sheamus has a briefcase and Orton does not, and Sheamus hates guys who don't have briefcases.

I'm sure that was the extent of the booking involved with that feud.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

nWo had to be scrubbed from history as well, making DX the most influential faction of the Monday Night Wars by default.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Thauros posted:

There really no more damning indictment of WWE creative than guys who have other careers or side projects that would benefit from publicity would rather do house shows than get paid to appear on a program over 3 million people watch just to avoid lovely booking.

They could probably air their stuff on one of their C-tier shows but I guess they don't want people getting confused and thinking they're jobbers or convincing people that those shows are worth watching for just the dreaded "wrestling" part.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also feels like with age and lack of competition due to owning a monopoly vince's obsession with control is just getting worse and worse

All those WWE "documentaries" about the Attitude Era make it seem like Vince begrudgingly gave more creative freedom to the wrestlers that he didn't want to do but it saved his company from the evil billionaire Ted Turner so that was cool for a few years I guess

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wrestling was always that, it's just ever since WWE went public and Stephanie took charge of creative there was more of a push to script everything down to the letter. Which is a shame because it's turned wrestling promos from wild man outlaws getting into scraps into mild office drama that just so happens to be about fighting.

It's just weird how they seem to love the Attitude Era for giving them the biggest business boom since the '80s, and talk about how they let the wrestlers "be themselves" and act really proud about how they let it happen, and then you look at it now and it's as you said.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

So the burger mascot won, right?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

oatgan posted:

you're right, they should have built the company around dean malenko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

oatgan posted:

It's because he's still playing a character while everyone else is acting natural

Sandow is just protecting the business. I respect that.

• Locked thread