Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmcnbJ9MG4

Kali eventually became a convert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooGLzqDGd0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

today is deadlift day

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
How do you spend all day doing one exercise?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

notZaar posted:

Deadlift, sumo, deficit, stiff legged, then upper back accessory

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

notZaar posted:

it's just the one i look forward to the most

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm seeing. Thanks.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Today I did cable hip abduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnR8CDb4BU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i'd abduct her hips

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Please don't move this thread, fun threads just gets insta-gassed in YLLS

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRtPVMyZ7Ig

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I did legs today but since I didn't have a lot of sleep because of sexytime with a ladyfriend the last few nights I felt like poo poo and couldn't increase my reps. I think I gotta tell her to let me sleep tonight.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Speaking of sleep, I got poo poo sleep last night as well but I pushed really heavy weight at the gym today and felt great. Made no sense because I was like a zombie all other hours of the day

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
today is biceps and back which has been sucking the last couple weeks because my water bed with leopard print satin bedsheets is low on water and needs to be filled and my back aches every morning and im just too lazy to fill it up

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Helios Grime posted:

I did legs today but since I didn't have a lot of sleep because of sexytime with a ladyfriend the last few nights I felt like poo poo and couldn't increase my reps. I think I gotta tell her to let me sleep tonight.

Why do you give a poo poo if you're getting laid? Talk about putting the car t before the horse

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one subforum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

look at all these words about a lovely forum

think about all the goddamn reps you could have done instead

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Imagine a subforum named 'GENERAL bullshit' not being focused.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The way he says "taking a doodoo"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21UP0frYg-E

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I prefer doing chest and tris and back and bis. It fatigues the smaller muscle group enough so that I get a really good burn and pump. Also a nice banana/proteinpowder/fatfreemilk smoothie is refreshing after a hard work out.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tony Homo posted:

I prefer doing chest and tris and back and bis. It fatigues the smaller muscle group enough so that I get a really good burn and pump. Also a nice banana/proteinpowder/fatfreemilk smoothie is refreshing after a hard work out.

that's how i do it and it work good for me

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Speaking of sleep, I got poo poo sleep last night as well but I pushed really heavy weight at the gym today and felt great. Made no sense because I was like a zombie all other hours of the day

Iirc the sleep two nights before is more immediately important than the sleep the night before unless you are already drastically underrecovered

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tony Homo posted:

I do upper back 4 times a week and biceps like once a month, but I generally train tris after chest and/or shoulders because it works out well recovery wise

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Love this little guy.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I need to take some underwear photos for a job as a "sexy bartender"

can anyone please tell me how to get a legit full body pump beforehand to look bigger? tia

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
rhino blood

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've started doing one arm barbell cleans. They're pretty fun.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Agreed. Weightlifting totally fulfilling.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

hahahaha this guy owns

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Germstore posted:

Imagine a subforum named 'GENERAL bullshit' not being focused.

seriously are there suddenly allowed topics or something? mods like "oh poo poo a thread more than one page better go check if they know where they psotin"

old swolethread ownd :rip:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one subforum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

the problem is there are too many subforums

they do contain some good technical information, but aside from that there are too many for the number of users imo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Spanish Manlove posted:

you're not going to sway these retards, so gas.

you're the worst, negative about everything in every thread for the most part

hates everything but sticks around

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Where's the lifting/gay chat subforum thanks in advance!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Ramsus posted:

you're the worst, negative about everything in every thread for the most part

hates everything but sticks around

SA Forum Rules posted:

Respect the Mods and Writers: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, please do it. Please do not harass or intentionally annoy the mods or insult the front page writers. If you do not like the mods or the moderation, feel free to not post here.

please stop breaking the forum rules franco, you're a top notch poster and we'd all be really sad to see you go

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ylls is a poo poo forum for straight babies I hope this thread is allowed to stay because its been one of my favs for like 8 months now

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
just lifted some heavy poo poo now drinkin a proshak if its okay for me to post about that in gbs?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i need about 70g more of carbs today is it okay hit that target with some nice refreshing IPAs? tia

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I weigh myself every day not because it means anything but I just like to crunch numbers and get a nice good little exponential decaying moving average thing going like a good little sperg.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

goons I'm fat and lazy. I don't want to move or lift weights what do I do.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cowman posted:

goons I'm fat and lazy. I don't want to move or lift weights what do I do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
tia

• Locked thread