Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Next time I see u on the street I'll say hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fucken human being

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Is it normal to scrape your damned shins when doing deadlifts?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

Very.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

david carmichael posted:

I haven't posted in ylls proper in years but from what I recall the majority of regulars are in much better shape than you

Lol no one cares if people are in better shape than you as long as you're somewhat in shape. If you are regular BMI and have some muscle definition you're in like the top 1% of looks anyway.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
on a scale of Normal to Extremely Gay what you you think about elliptical machines (not using the hand bars obviously that's extremely gay)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Moved into the new place a couple of weeks ago. Managed everything solo except for the couch, which I moved into the garage to await more help. My :siren:girlfriend:siren:'s brother was coming through town and she offered that he could help move it in.

He's a former college athlete who's been stuck behind a desk for ten years. He's the walking definition of skinny-fat but she maintained that he was still 'athletic'.

So he gets here and we carry the couch to the front yard in prep for bringing through the front door, set it down, and game plan how to get through. We grab the couch and when he goes to lift it something in his back pops and he goes down like a bag of wet cement. Took him several minutes to get up and continued to wave off any help. Eventually he hobbled over to his car to head out but he was *hurting*.

I put the couch back into the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Chinatown posted:

on a scale of Normal to Extremely Gay what you you think about elliptical machines (not using the hand bars obviously that's extremely gay)

on the one hand they're really fuckin' gay

but on the other hand, where else are u going to talk to divorced mothers and cardio bunnies for hours on end. I SEE YOU GAIL! I'M WIT CHU GIRL

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

turbomoose posted:

Lol no one cares if people are in better shape than you as long as you're somewhat in shape. If you are regular BMI and have some muscle definition you're in like the top 1% of looks anyway.

You mean other than the posters in this thread?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Set up with the bar further away from your shins

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

or you could wear those knee high socks that cross fit chicks are into. like i think your workout is dumb but that dont change the fact id like to take you to poundtown

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

turbomoose posted:

in america maybe

loving FATSOS

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Chinatown posted:

I like to use the elliptical machines because it's way easy to do interval training on them, and also treadmills are dumb garbage for fat people to briskly walk on as far as I'm concerned. Grab on to those hand bars like a big pair of dicks, and enjoy your gay cardio imo

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

these are better than elipticals.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

that wizmo up there moves around to make a steeper incline

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CuteJen96 posted:

these are better than elipticals.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i mean still gay because cardio but i like it

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

exactly

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I tried an arc trainer way back when I had a planet fitness membership and I didn't like it at all. I think it turned the resistance up if you went too fast, it was like something out of Harrison Bergeron. Haven't tried one since

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i usually do 20 mins of cardio to start then stretch then lift

i also watch the hot weather girl on the news during that time

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JebanyPedal posted:

*YLLS approaches*

Read STARTING STRENGTH I have been doing it for TWO YEARS and can now squat 225!!!!! These AMAZING GAINS are my foundation I know I don't look very good BUT YOU NEED TO DO AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF STEENGTH TRAINING TO START BBING ALSO STRENGTH TRAINIBV APPARENTLY ADDS NO MASS.
Eat lots of chicken breast and whey BUT DONT ACTUALLY WORK OUT TOO HARD ITS 90% diet only people WHO TAKE ROIDS LOOK LIKE MENS HEALTH COVERS.
BELTS ARE BAD and CHEATING.
Dont CUT unless you've been bulking for at LEAST TWO YEARS!!
Your 500lb deadlift is better than mine BUT IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE THIS 6'8" ROIDED STRONGMAN WHO PROFESSIONALLY LIFTS EVERY DAY AND HAS A COACH TO FEED HIM LIFTS 500LB MORE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE WEAK!! Just like me!! Now I don't have to feel that my useless routine has gotten me nowhere!!

PAVEL PATEL IS GAY!?!!?!? WTF!!!!!

same

*gives red text tile to anyone who disagrees*

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also I was being over 30 today and hosed up my shoulder. poz my neg hole mmm

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Ylls is literally sucking rippetoes dick as we speak

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

i usually do 20 mins of cardio to start then stretch then lift

i also watch the hot weather girl on the news during that time

like do yall even have weather? "Yeah going to be another gorgeous day today so... take it sleazy i guess"

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
everyone please make sure you are doing some rotator cuff workouts

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 29, 2015

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Dum Cumpster posted:

You mean other than the posters in this thread?

If i can convince enough of them then I'll be the top dog here.

But also I just do cardio and haven't lifted in 3 years.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do what feels good

roymorrison posted:

Ylls is literally sucking rippetoes dick as we speak

Did you guys have your feelings hurt a few years ago or something? The starting strength idiots were corralled into their own thread a while ago

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CuteJen96 posted:

like do yall even have weather? "Yeah going to be another gorgeous day today so... take it sleazy i guess"

In San Diego the weather is like this..."uh..well its gonna be about 70-75 on the coast, 80s inland, 70s in the mountains..and east in the desert it will be ONE HUNDRED DEGREES OH BOY THATS HOT!!!"

Then the 7-day forcast is sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, ad infinitum

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

In San Diego the weather is like this..."uh..well its gonna be about 70-75 on the coast, 80s inland, 70s in the mountains..and east in the desert it will be ONE HUNDRED DEGREES OH BOY THATS HOT!!!"

Then the 7-day forcast is sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, ad infinitum

such a heavy cross to bear.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

turbomoose posted:

If i can convince enough of them then I'll be the top dog here.

But also I just do cardio and haven't lifted in 3 years.
That sounds like the opposite of how you're supposed to work out

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What a pair of retards

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Aralan posted:

That sounds like the opposite of how you're supposed to work out

Yeah but I like playing sports too much. So when it's a choice between football/frisbee/soccer and lifting I end up not lifting.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

david carmichael posted:

I haven't posted

I haven't posted in ylls proper in years but from what I recall the majority of regulars are in much better shape than you

Says the guy who

1. Can't loving quote properly

2. Knows nothing about me

Haha

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

turbomoose posted:

Yeah but I like playing sports too much. So when it's a choice between football/frisbee/soccer and lifting I end up not lifting.

Frisbee

Sport

What

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Didn't gym today going to work on my OHP tomorrow, instead I did an hour of sparring,as its Muay Thai we normally stick to stand-up but we decided to mix it up and threw in working for takedowns and some MMA wrestling as well as gang fighting (which is fun as gently caress) Wrestling is a fucker of a workout and I recommend it if you want to get less fat/more badass/extra gay.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Is gang fighting where you get 8 more people and all jump one guy?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That sort of thing yeah, we worked 2 on 1 scenarios and 4 vs 3 vs 2 vs 1 as well.

I have to point out this was just for fun and not in anyway used as a "self defence" thing because in those situations in real life your going to get your rear end kicked your best of legging it.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You're probably familiar with at least a few gang fighting techniques that Sasha Grey employed during her infamous gang fighting career.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Or pull out a knife and have a dance fight like in the Beat It video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Paper Diamonds posted:

You're probably familiar with at least a few gang fighting techniques that Sasha Grey employed during her infamous gang fighting career.

Dunno who that is sorry

• Locked thread