Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one subforum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

look at all these words about a lovely forum

think about all the goddamn reps you could have done instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

on a scale of Normal to Extremely Gay what you you think about elliptical machines (not using the hand bars obviously that's extremely gay)

on the one hand they're really fuckin' gay

but on the other hand, where else are u going to talk to divorced mothers and cardio bunnies for hours on end. I SEE YOU GAIL! I'M WIT CHU GIRL

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

or you could wear those knee high socks that cross fit chicks are into. like i think your workout is dumb but that dont change the fact id like to take you to poundtown

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

these are better than elipticals.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

that wizmo up there moves around to make a steeper incline

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i mean still gay because cardio but i like it

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

exactly

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

i usually do 20 mins of cardio to start then stretch then lift

i also watch the hot weather girl on the news during that time

like do yall even have weather? "Yeah going to be another gorgeous day today so... take it sleazy i guess"

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

In San Diego the weather is like this..."uh..well its gonna be about 70-75 on the coast, 80s inland, 70s in the mountains..and east in the desert it will be ONE HUNDRED DEGREES OH BOY THATS HOT!!!"

Then the 7-day forcast is sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, sun, clouds at night, ad infinitum

such a heavy cross to bear.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

decided to do cardio and got on the stair mill and did 1860- the number of steps in the empire state building. It was a good work out and i got very very sweaty.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i mean, spiritually, there's something wrong with cardio.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

whoops- wrong thread.. i guess i'll leave it but whoops

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

man the internet really loving loves starting strength like i just want to pick up heavy stuff and put it back down again but holy poo poo everytime you mention weights outside of this here thread it's GODDAMN STARTING STERNFGTH MAN WHERE ARE YOU AT HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE YOULL PROBABLY KILL URSELF

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sorry man i spent an hour lifting things i wanted to lift and now i'm dead

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

It's it better to lift very heavy weights for lots of reps or very heavy weights for less reps?

be fat die young

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

the joeseph kony of cardio.. the the ceausescu of carb counting

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i've heard of not skippin' leg day but sheesh almighty

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i really like the leg press.

someone was like, "that's so bad for your body"

so i called them a nerd and added more weight.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

for those of us who are new what is a pussy pad

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

that sounds really gay just lift the weight holy crap

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i walked in at 4:35 this morning and the guy invited me to come back for free pizza night and I just kind of shook my head and made a noise like "uuughghghhhh"

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Lunixnerd posted:

Do they have weights at planet fitness? I thought its just wall to wall cardio machines for people to sit on and enjoy their free pizza and bagels.

mine does. It's huge-- they've got 4 long rows of cardio equipment, and then they've got a poo poo load of weight machines, and then they've got the free weights and squat racks and all that fun stuff.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

*shrug* dunno. It's an independenty owned franchise and I guess they decided to put real squat racks. They've got 2 smith machines and then two real squat racks. I forget how high the weights go because i'm very gay and am only just starting.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

*accidentally slams leg press machine against stops*

*cold sweat rolls down back*

*nervously eyes lunk alarm for 30 seconds. not moving. not breathing*

safe for another day.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Lunixnerd posted:

The lunk alarm is useful if you are about to do a PR deadlift or something and you want the whole gym to witness your greatness. Just drop a dumbell, grunt loudly and be safe in the knowledge that all eyes are now on you as you approach the bar with your chalked up hands (chalk also not allowed)

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sometimes i get an erection when i work out

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i wonder if they'll hit the lunk alarm if my hog is at full mast

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

for daily working out i wear compression shorts under basketball shorts and a compression shirt under a t-poo poo. I'm a lard body, you see, and it keeps the jiggling down to a minimum.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sorry wrong thread

CuteJen96 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 5, 2015

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

If i've worked out, i usually treat myself to one of the tiny cans of diet doctor pepper with dinner :ohdear:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

roymorrison posted:

I feel like less people would drink soda if they understood that sugar is a drug. Like people who drink 3 or 4 sodas a day literally go through withdrawal when they "quit"

i think that might be the caffiene withdraw? in any case, it's not good.

I drink a pot of black coffee a day. you can set your watch to my morning BM.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

lodewijk posted:

There's talk about a gym opening up right next door to my work place ... That be loving awesome! If so, I just hope it isn't one of those cardio shite places. Fingers crossed, swole goons!

it's a curves.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

also it's just a bank of cardio machines set up in a circuit and there's a little timer thing

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

"They call it 'powdering'- and it could be happening in your child's school right now"

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i usually wake up at like, 430 to go work out, but i slept through my alarm this morning, so now I have to go after work. Bleh.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

had a porkchop today for lunch. it was good. it made me feel more powerful.

• Locked thread