Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Once you pass the 48 hour mark adderall binging stops being fun and quickly becomes a paranoia fueled nightmare.

Uh yeah, this. My first encounter with adderall was in college (surprise!). My pal gave me 5 pills, so instead of saving them for exams and poo poo I went on a 84 hour bender. Highlights included:
- cleaning and reorganizing my entire apartment (pretty standard)
- going rollerblading through my lovely college town's bumpy-rear end streets at sunrise on the 2nd day (I had previously not rollerbladed in over 10 years)
- playing WoW all night and spilling my guts to a guild mate about how hosed my life was
- ate basically nothing

The real fun came about 72 hours in, while working my shift at the local McDonald's. You think a regular fast food shift is bad, we'll wait until you do one with shadow people everywhere and "losing time"/micro sleeping while taking peoples' orders at the front counter. I started freaking out so bad that I begged my friend who was the manager to send me home, which thank gently caress he did (after telling me I was a moron and to cut that poo poo out). I slept for about 18 hours after that. I still can't believe I stayed up for that long, but then again I was 21 at the time and had never had amphetamines in my system before. At 29 I can't go over 24 hours without falling apart, and I take my prescribed adderall like a responsible adult. Anyway don't ever do that, it was literally the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ninotoreS posted:

cancer and rapid aging are your ultimate reward, tho

maybe, maybe not. such is life. a childhood neighbor of mine went through half a bottle of vodka before noon and smoked like an industrial chimney. he looked like a champ at 78, really nice personality and clear head for his age. was sitting in the park all day and charming up random woman, enjoying life. it's all gonna be fine, man. funny story, two nights ago i drank from a bottle of plant food. i store it in a water bottle in my kitchen, with a big skull drawn on the label. you can't see the label without lights though, especially when you are piss drunk. had to redraw the skull with a bigger sharpie, is much more visible now. i have a really good feeling about all of it this time. also been planning to get a motorcycle again, get back into riding next spring. it's gonna be fine.

anglerfish posted:

Uh yeah, this. My first encounter with adderall was in college (surprise!). My pal gave me 5 pills, so instead of saving them for exams and poo poo I went on a 84 hour bender. Highlights included:
- cleaning and reorganizing my entire apartment (pretty standard)
- going rollerblading through my lovely college town's bumpy-rear end streets at sunrise on the 2nd day (I had previously not rollerbladed in over 10 years)
- playing WoW all night and spilling my guts to a guild mate about how hosed my life was
- ate basically nothing

The real fun came about 72 hours in, while working my shift at the local McDonald's. You think a regular fast food shift is bad, we'll wait until you do one with shadow people everywhere and "losing time"/micro sleeping while taking peoples' orders at the front counter. I started freaking out so bad that I begged my friend who was the manager to send me home, which thank gently caress he did (after telling me I was a moron and to cut that poo poo out). I slept for about 18 hours after that. I still can't believe I stayed up for that long, but then again I was 21 at the time and had never had amphetamines in my system before. At 29 I can't go over 24 hours without falling apart, and I take my prescribed adderall like a responsible adult. Anyway don't ever do that, it was literally the worst.

lmao, good times. also tried mystery "learning pills" in college(probably some poor kids lunch ritalin/amphetamines). i ended up working all evening and the entire night on an upcoming presentation. in the morning i felt like it was not exactly a masterpiece, but still some solid stuff. it needed some finishing touches here and there of course, some small things were still missing. i went out for the day, feeling like i can do anything and like a huge burden was off my chest. i got home in the evening feeling depressed and misrable like poo poo. i never managed to find my presentation masterpiece. what i found was mostly just bullshit and vague ideas, with >50% of the work still missing. turns out i had spend hours messing with math symbols display in powerpoint, trying to get them to look nicer. it was really important to me at that time, of vital importance to the presentation.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm a big pussy about sleep and the worst I ever did was 34 hours, so I feel with you op. For me it's basically hell.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

There's no caffeine or other stimlants in that anymore. But getting loaded would be a great idea!

e:fb on the last page! doh

eljackass fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 29, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Last time I didn't sleep for two days I walked into Arbys and said "Cut my life into pieces this is my last resort" I can't be doing that poo poo anymore

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op are you still awake?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OP????

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I slept for eleven hours and feel much better now. Although my memories of what I did after getting home last night are a little fuzzy. All told I made it about 49 hours and all you guys who have hallucinated after that long are pussies (or maybe just not on anti-psychotics).

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Monday_ posted:

I slept for eleven hours and feel much better now. Although my memories of what I did after getting home last night are a little fuzzy. All told I made it about 49 hours and all you guys who have hallucinated after that long are pussies (or maybe just not on anti-psychotics).

I dunno if it's hallucinating so much as falling asleep with your eyes open and dreaming about what you're seeing and the dreams are overlayed on your regular vision.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Suffocation no breathing don't give a gently caress if I cut myself bleeding

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:agreed:

A frind in college was so upset that they were taking the caffeine out of lokos that he bought out the rest at the 7-11 and even bought one of the 4loko displays he convinced the guy to sell him.

Woah, that's... loko. :agesilaus:

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015
Since we're talking about adderall binges just warning you if you make it a full week you will sleep for 3-4 days and it is a SCARY sleep. Scary as in you will barely wake up but have no energy to do anything and you are ruthlessly aware that you have been asleep for too long. Not 3-4 long nights I mean nonstop 72+ hours of what I can only imagine narcolepsy must be like.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Another con to prescription tweaking is that everybody can tell you're high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You are in new york? Maybe you can get a ringer during lunch. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/21/nyregion/despite-warnings-asian-immigrants-rely-on-glucose-injections-as-a-cure-for-ailments.html

“Please don’t do the ringer if you can stay awake without it,” she said. “You should never use it unless you are really tired.”

• Locked thread