Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fact or Fiction: as good as they were and as interesting as their mystique they were not overly talented musicians or singers. i guess you get what you pay for.

also, ian mackaye possibly started the hipster movement or at least influenced it. the fact that millennials have co-opted this smug uppity attitude is one of the reasons they are such human garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:firstpost:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
:secondpost:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

fact....

no fiction?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
fugazi facts

guy picciotto is pronounced "Gee Pi-CHO-toe"
brendan is actually a very good guitar player and wrote many of the songs
ian mackaye is kind of a oval office

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Fugazi fact: a goon has died while inside a member of the band.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Science of Suck posted:

Fugazi fact: a goon has died while inside a member of the band.

:confused:

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i had a fugazi cd

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Fugazi was pretty meh but Dischord records produced a lot of good bands like Jawbox, Nation of Ulysses, Shudder to Think, Q and Not U, Faraquet, Hoover, etc

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Hipsters are unique as a subculture in that they have no discernible political bent. They're just pretentious consumers. gently caress em.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

A quality first post if i ever saw one. Good job Amityville Anus, we're all proud of you.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Traxis posted:

Fugazi was pretty meh but Dischord records produced a lot of good bands like Jawbox, Nation of Ulysses, Shudder to Think, Q and Not U, Faraquet, Hoover, etc

pony express record by stt was loving tite. way ahead of its time.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

hillary the deaths of fugazi are on youre head

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTpGLJC_gvU

I greatly enjoy this song.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

that minor threat album cover with mackaye's brother on it is really cool

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Fugazi fact: their first ep was titled "Do you like Minor Threat but wish they were somehow gayer? Enjoy!"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Science of Suck posted:

Fugazi fact: their first ep was titled "Do you like Minor Threat but wish they were somehow gayer? Enjoy!"

thats actually fiction :eng101:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my band opened up for shake ray turbine in like 97 and then they opened up for fugazi in 98 so in a roundabout way we opened for fugazi just real super early

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jonny 290 posted:

my band opened up for shake ray turbine in like 97 and then they opened up for fugazi in 98 so in a roundabout way we opened for fugazi just real super early

good job. they have a lot of energy on stage. their live shows are amazing if u have time check them out on youtub sometime

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
i have a recording that's just 45 minutes of stage banter by fugazi

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
http://www.chunklet.com/index.cfm?ID=574&section=blogs

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dogcrash truther posted:

i have a recording that's just 45 minutes of stage banter by fugazi

yeah i dont like the preachy ian show, i like the guy picciotto upside down on his head feedback guitars

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

that minor threat album cover with mackaye's brother on it is really cool

My dad has a first pressing of the 7 inch. I tried to get him to sell it a while back but am glad he didn't now. He has a bunch of really cool poo poo from the early punk scene.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Who?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fugazi

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

... Who?

(Owlposting)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Kuato posted:

A quality first post if i ever saw one. Good job Amityville Anus, we're all proud of you.

Im' gay

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Guy from Final Fight was named/designed based on Guy Picciotto

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It's a pretty strong card op

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
the first album by them I heard was End Hits and I was like "ugh, why do people act like these guys are a big deal," then I heard Repeater and my opinion flippity flopped.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the first music i bought with my own money was Repeater on cassette at an outlet store in pigeon forge, tennessee, vacationing with my parents

it is a very loving good album

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i dont know what this thread is about because i cant read or write

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

it is a very loving good album

I'm with this guy.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious frankie posted:

the first album by them I heard was End Hits and I was like "ugh, why do people act like these guys are a big deal," then I heard Repeater and my opinion flippity flopped.

yeah repeater is pretty much perfect

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

If you said I was being sent to an island and could only have five albums for the rest of my life and they had to be punk post punk\hardcore my choices would be Double Nickels On The Dime, Repeater, Spiderland, Solid Gold and then probably Telephone Free Landslide Victory, if only to use it to incite heated arguments with all the other people who were banished to Punk\Post Punk\Hardcore Island

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I went to a Fugazi show in an abandoned roller rink on the Red Medicine tour. Blonde Redhead and (i think) That Dog opened up for them.

A skinhead guy kept spitting ice at the jew-fro guy in Blonde Redhead, so Ian McKaye came out and yelled at him

Then the skinhead guy jumped on stage and pushed Ian McKaye and the bouncers threw him (the skinhead man) out and gave him his 5bux back

Not sure about the That Dog thing

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When I used to smoke I had a oval office knock my cigarette out of my mouth. It ignited a civil war. Straight edge people weird me out.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Fact or fiction - It's pronounced foo-gay-zee

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Red Medicine, is a great album but what's his face can be such a self-important motherfucker. Seriously though, probably the height of good punk. At least until bikini kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
I thought fugazi was slang for fake or like counterfeit didn't know it was a band

• Locked thread