Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
alternatively, what is gbs supposed to be doing instead of posting in gbs

i'm a unix system administrator for a software development company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
You're a human being. Close thread.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i work for a government contractor that develops stealth bathyspheres for NASA

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i live at home

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

You're a human being. Close thread.

thanks dad

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
No one cares about your short lived fame in Jurassic Park.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I'm an athlete

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i do incest

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp

reddit liker posted:

alternatively, what is gbs supposed to be doing instead of posting in gbs

i'm a [massive human being]

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp
Hah yeah me too op :)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm on disability (laziness is a disability according to my state) and live with my parents and play civ all day and get drunk all the time

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
grad student but mostly i spend my husband's money while he works out of town all the loving time and leaves me at home alone to get drunk by myself on cheap wine

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I work in a call center where I help stupid people that make more money than I do.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I'm on disability (laziness is a disability according to my state) and live with my parents and play civ all day and get drunk all the time

this is pretty much my dream life

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp

dad gay. so what posted:

this is pretty much my dream life

Dream bigger

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Metabolize.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Pleasure women. Well, a woman. By looking after her children for her.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Kuato posted:

nice moves man this is why we need a universal income and bernie sanders

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

i mean i wont be creating any of the wealth or income myself but i still deserve some of it imo

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

lol watch someone w/ a bernie av come in and get all mad now hrmm

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i mean i wont be creating any of the wealth or income myself but i still deserve some of it imo

Hey some of those disabled people create wealth for me, in my side gig in disability support.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
if bernie sanders was president i would not work and neither would anybody else and we would become greece

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
then bring in more immigrants without any skills that speak a foreign language then make more government jobs that facilitates them and goodbye america

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

disability support is a euphemism for postin in gbs

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Skinny King Pimp posted:

grad student but mostly i spend my husband's money while he works out of town all the loving time and leaves me at home alone to get drunk by myself on cheap wine

Is something awful cheaper than Ashley Madison or just more secure?

gently caress you.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Is something awful cheaper than Ashley Madison or just more secure?

gently caress you.

Seems to me like its probably more insecure.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I actually am a professional shitposter.

Sometimes when I feel like slacking, I make thoughtful posts that contribute in a meaningful manner to the conversation at hand.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Kuato posted:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
gbs is a forum it can't have a job, silly op!!

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
here are my guesses, most gbs posters work in IT, are in education (teacher or student), or work retail

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im actually a serial arsonist that works for a fire department. its like dexter, only orders of magnitudes lamer.

lots of controlled burns.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 28, 2015

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I'm a Teamster so I don't do anything for a living

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

My dream job is probably being the groundskeeper of a botanical garden, one that is somewhat secluded and doesn't get many guests except for weddings and functions like that. It would be peaceful and quiet, caring for the plants and flowers, watching all the tiny life that lives in the undergrowth, each day coming home knowing that I have achieved something small but tangible. When nobody is around, I would gently caress the trees.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

im actually a serial arsonist that works for a fire department. its like dexter, only orders of magnitudes lamer.

lots of controlled burns.

same but in reference to my posting career

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Not rly on disability but that's my dream, I mostly work with policy, spin wheels and don't get anything done in the end. I should've became a pet groomer in retrospect

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
whatever it is I'm sure we're all perfectly expendable

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
I get beat up by autistic kids while loving up my sleep schedule by having to stay awake all night and napping throughout the day

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I get paid by lowtax to post on the forums.

Don't you?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I am unemployed by choice and make passive income from some investments and an online business that I don't have much day to day involvement in.

I used to be a systems engineer, now I am a student.

dogcrash truther posted:

here are my guesses, most gbs posters work in IT, are in education (teacher or student), or work retail

I kind of hit 3 out of 3 since the online business does sell something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

I get beat up by autistic kids while loving up my sleep schedule by having to stay awake all night and napping throughout the day

Autism care is no fun, I applied for a job with an autism care organisation once and on the application it said "Male applicants only, due to underlying violence we have been granted legal approval to stipulate this". When I went for the interview as the hr guy was shaking my hand he leaned into my ear and said "it's not underlying, its loving brutal 24/7 and if you let your guard down for a second you will be hospitalized". I turned the offer down.

• Locked thread