Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Oh yes, the votes were tallied and our ship is going to be Plasma Purple with a scoop nose and heavy ordinance wings! The change will go into effect as of video 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomNinja
Sep 14, 2011

Protector of the innocent, assassin of the unjust, and a lover of delicious, sweet, creamy Ice cream.
Just a heads up, Ape, Heavenator, PoisonMushroom and I will be streaming L4D2 at http://www.hitbox.tv/TheHeavenator. Everyone come watch and enjoy not hearing kalon in a video.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Sorry about the late update! Hopefully we'll be back on schedule after this.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There isn't a Legends of the Hidden Temple Wiki but there's one hell of an article on Nickelodeon's wikia. And yes, someone did fastidiously count all the wins and losses.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
My favorite random detail about this game is that Inferno Mode has Ratchet dual-wielding flaming wrenches...but he still only ever attacks with one. The other is purely cosmetic and disappears whenever he attacks.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Kurieg posted:

There isn't a Legends of the Hidden Temple Wiki but there's one hell of an article on Nickelodeon's wikia. And yes, someone did fastidiously count all the wins and losses.

Wow, there were a lot a lot more victories over the Temple than I thought there'd be assuming I'm reading that Team Statistics table correctly.

Edit: Also you forgot to update your Cut playlist with the Arena video Kalon.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 19, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SO THIS HAPPENED

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They wouldn't have replied if they watched the All 4 One LP.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kalonZombie posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That sounds like an appropriate reply to be honest. :toot:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

They're going to watch the All 4 One LP, and the next R&C game will feature a character named Tralon Grombie who exists only to be eaten alive by a boss monster.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Serperoth posted:

That sounds like an appropriate reply to be honest. :toot:

Of course now the question is this gleeful Kalon we're seeing, or terrified Kalon?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

They're going to watch the All 4 One LP, and the next R&C game will feature a character named Tralon Grombie who exists only to be eaten alive by a boss monster.

Honestly, I'd take that. What better way to be cameo'd in one of your favorite videogames than to be summarily eaten?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

See, kalon, all of your LPs were worth it.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

See, kalon, all of your LPs were worth it.

I'm pitching my Smuggler space sim spin-off to Insomniac as we speak.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SorataYuy posted:

Of course now the question is this gleeful Kalon we're seeing, or terrified Kalon?

Some of column A, mostly column B.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I'm pitching my Smuggler space sim spin-off to Insomniac as we speak.

If the bird isn't a game mechanic then no sale.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

SO THIS HAPPENED

Man, Ratchet and Clank episode six is gonna be an awkward time for everyone all over again.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

kalonZombie posted:

SO THIS HAPPENED

So does an Insomniac owned account lurk this thread as well?:tinfoil:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fabulousvillain posted:

So does an Insomniac owned account lurk this thread as well?:tinfoil:

To see their posts you need to look behind your monitor after loading the thread.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I tried to quote that insomniac user but it says I can't do so until I give them 50 gold bolts :smith:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

My attempt to quote the Insomniac poster said I need to get all 40 Skill Points first. :smith: (I don't want to play through the Hoverboard Bike Arena Simulator again! :gonk: )

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hello. This update is a bit late today because of Dishonored: Definitive Edition.

In other news, Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus is on sale on the Playstation Network right now. It's kind of really, really good. You should go get it if you haven't gotten it already.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Kalon is a big dummy who forgot the most important part of the update. This is absolutely mandatory viewing for this update.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The sewer's aren't too bad, but I've gone through them more than 10 times, so maybe I have stockholm syndrome.

On the PS2 if you go through the entire place in one go, the game lags due to how many enemies it loads in, it's kind of horrible.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
The desert and tundra are actually fun, you guys just aren't playing them correctly. Wait until you get the jet boots, then jet from one crystal to the next, smash it, and run while ignoring the enemies (except the giant serpents because you have to kill those for more crystals). Avoiding the enemies while still grabbing all the crystals and having a train of like 30 of them slowly homing in on you is great.

You can't do that in the sewer level. The sewer level is dumb and stupid and by far the worst part of this game.

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?
Personally, I think that the desert is worse than the sewer because if I miss something in the sewer, I can just look at the map and see where I haven't been. The desert is open terrain which makes that trick much less reliable. That fact also makes enemies much harder to funnel in to my kill zones, which makes the fact that the desert enemies are much stronger all the more relevant. Also, WHAT LANDMARKS IT'S A QWARK DAMNED DESERT?!?

Whew, got that off my chest.

And now all I can think about is what the heck that meat planet reference could be about.

EDIT: I am dumb and do not pay attention to other people's posts.

AccidentalHipster fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 25, 2015

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think the desert level is more fun for it enemy variety and presentation, but when I finished it the Lava Gun transformed so gently caress that level. That tundra level is still definitely worse than this though, poo gas and all.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

The biggest reason the sewer crystals part sucks:

Your map is in 2D.

The sewer tunnels, including all the directions they travel, are not. Things are not all on the same level.

The map does not reflect this in any way, especially not when you are going from one side to the other (this -is- relevant to your traveling.) Also, sometimes the king Ameboids have to be approached from a specific direction to trigger the fight. This is also stupid.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
gently caress the Sewer Level. gently caress the Sewer Crystals. gently caress this map right in it's poo gas-emitting poo hole. The desert was a bit tedious, but the enemies were neat. The tundra was frustrating, but fun. This level? This level is an affront to all that is good in the R & C games.

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
I usually skip the sewers until I have a bunch of weapons to buy, then get all of them at once.

Also, at least in the PS2 version, the bolt multiplier also applies to how much you get when you turn in crystals.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AltaBrown posted:

The tundra was frustrating, but fun.
I'm going to give this post the Snowbeast Award for Least Correct Post.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

AltaBrown posted:

The tundra was frustrating, but fun.

Who hurt you? Who hurt you so bad that you think this?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Like I said, don't fight the loving snowbeasts. There's basically zero reward for it. Jet to the crystal/serpent, smash it/blow it up, jet away before the snowbeasts get you.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I went ahead and got Sewer Crystals until I really realized just how big the map was and how long it was gonna take me. At that point I just flipped off the game and left. That's insanity.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

I went ahead and got Sewer Crystals until I really realized just how big the map was and how long it was gonna take me. At that point I just flipped off the game and left. That's insanity.

They must have assumed the player would be up all night to do such a thing. Like some sort of person who... can't sleep. :haw:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just never did it, it's not required.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Onmi posted:

I just never did it, it's not required.

Unless you're known for doing 100% LPs and also you want lots and lots of money in which case fffffffffffffff.

To be fair I don't do it in my Challenge Mode file, which is the file I usually play when I want to play this game.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
^Being fair, you hardly NEED sewer crystals to get money in challenge mode.

Honestly the best thing about this level is the fact that there's only one of them in the game this time around. I'd call it equally terrible compared to the snowbeast level, but for different reasons. Desert's the most tolerable for me.

Also posting to say I'd also be in for multiplayer shenanigans if possible. I never got to play it on PS2, but I did spend a few hours just screwing around on the maps. No idea why but I found it fun to just run around all those huge open maps, even if nothing was happening.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The sewer's a decent place to level at least one weapon, anyway. It lasts pretty much forever against those enemies, and getting Sewer Crystals and bolts as you go is pretty much a bonus.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

FactsAreUseless posted:

kalonZombie posted:

Who hurt you? Who hurt you so bad that you think this?

You know what the Snowbeasts were good for? Grinding levels for guns. Especially the Tesla Barrier.

Know what the Sewer Level is good for? Poo gas.

This? This is the hill upon which I shall die Kindasortanotreally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

AltaBrown posted:

You know what the Snowbeasts were good for? Grinding levels for guns. Especially the Tesla Barrier.

Know what the Sewer Level is good for? Poo gas.

This? This is the hill upon which I shall die Kindasortanotreally.

All I'm reading here is "Bury me with my yeti."

Can't believe it took me this long to notice the Dr. Nefarious Appreciation Station LP started. Not looking at the topic list on LP a whole lot will do that to you. The other Ratchet Turbo Nerd Player reporting in and ready for Multiplayer whenever that happens.

(Heave and likely Kalon as well out-nerd me for R&C knowledge, but playing them on the other hand...)

• Locked thread