Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Fun fact though I legit attempted suicide last year after the GA/FL game. Good times.

Goddamn it. :smith:

Deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Probably will draft exclusively Sooners if at all possible so please don't steal my people, thanks

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

Goddamn it. :smith:

Deleted.

Its fine i was poking fun at myself. It was all real life poo poo not Georgia being Georgia.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Its fine i was poking fun at myself. It was all real life poo poo not Georgia being Georgia.

Real talk: It wasn't directed at you, but I still feel like an a-hole.

Still friends? :respek:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I knew about it and still thought it was a funny post

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Here at something awful we should all strive for the funniest posts

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Here at something awful we should all strive for the funniest posts

In this spirit, I'll repost:

reactionary dickhead LeeMajors previously posted:

Webbeh posted:

It's almost as fun as in-season overhyped Georgia fans

In 5 weeks they'll have a shotgun barrel between their teeth with tears streaming down their cheeks because they didn't beat Vandy by forty.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

Probably will draft exclusively Sooners if at all possible so please don't steal my people, thanks

No promises.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

LeeMajors posted:

In this spirit, I'll repost:

In 5 weeks they'll have a shotgun barrel between their teeth with tears streaming down their cheeks because they didn't beat Vandy by forty.

It's so loving true though.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Can we make Marshall draftable so I can take Devon Johnson and watch him run over CUSA scrubs all year?

No?

What if I also promise to draft Birdsong?

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Not trying to pre-draft talk too much, but I was thinking about getting the Cougs' QB in honor of Wheez with my second pick since he is not ranked terribly. I don't watch nearly enough Pac-12 football and I know he is a new starter this year so would this be an absolutely terrible idea from an actually not wanting to come in last this year perspective?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Webbeh posted:

It's so loving true though.

"We beat big brother for the first time in literally seven years while they were missing their best player and had a quarterback that literally struggled with all his might to throw twenty yards downfield. Better act like we're playoff contenders"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

"We beat big brother for the first time in literally seven years while they were missing their best player and had a quarterback that literally struggled with all his might to throw twenty yards downfield. Better act like we're playoff contenders"

I'm guessing you don't have an older sibling

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

siriuslysomething posted:

Not trying to pre-draft talk too much, but I was thinking about getting the Cougs' QB in honor of Wheez with my second pick since he is not ranked terribly. I don't watch nearly enough Pac-12 football and I know he is a new starter this year so would this be an absolutely terrible idea from an actually not wanting to come in last this year perspective?

wheez :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

siriuslysomething posted:

Drafting QBs and WRs in a Mike Leach system is rarely a bad idea.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I see Webbeh made a call for a new League Photo. Here are my submissions.

Spurrier In His Natural Habitat (at Arby's)

Alabama Gothic

How Albert Got His Groove Back

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Piper posted:

I see Webbeh made a call for a new League Photo. Here are my submissions.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Voting for either "Dabo Swinney's retarded kid" or "Frank Beamer celebrating 0-0"

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If anyone can find the fat middle aged Bama fan sprinting for an autograph from like last week that is my vote/submission

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

If anyone can find the fat middle aged Bama fan sprinting for an autograph from like last week that is my vote/submission

alternatively:

original:

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Gotta be 0-0.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was going to nominate the fat Bama fan too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It has to be this.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

It has to be this.

Personally, I think the old dude off to his right is funnier.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Personally, I think the old dude off to his right is funnier.

Nice to see Robert Duvall doing so well.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
0-0 or Alabama guy.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
cropped version of 0-0:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Rules question since it came up last year:

Will we allow empty spots on rosters?

The case came up when I wanted to drop my kicker or TE in order to pick up a reserve WR to use in a week when my byes had piled up. Couldn't do that because it would have left the kicker slot empty.

Wasn't something we decided to do in preseason, so it was left alone. Now that it's preseason again, do we want to allow empty slots or keep the same rules?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I vote same rules. Have to field a full team.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I also vote for full team.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Full teams are the best teams.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Not sure I'm clear on the waiver wire rules - can somebody smarter than me explain them to me like a child?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Not sure I'm clear on the waiver wire rules - can somebody smarter than me explain them to me like a child?

I believe the way we wanted it was that waiver claims would clear on Wednesday Morning and then everyone would run as free agents until Saturday mid-day when they would be back on the waiver wire.

The way it's set up now, waiver wire claims are processed on Wednesday morning in reverse standing order.

It's not clear, based on the settings, if players are free agents once the waivers clear or if they are remain on the waiver wire. It's also not clear that players will be on the waiver wire in the first week.

Settings that I'm not sure about :

Rotate Waiver Wire Claim Order After Each Claim: No
Automatically put players on waivers: Never
Undrafted players go to the: Free Agent pool

I'm not sure if all undrafted players will be on waiver wire or only those who have been dropped, if any players go back on the waiver wire, and if we want the last place team to claim ALL of their waivers before anyone else gets to. (If so, I might try to tank my first game :v:)

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I think the waiver claims need to rotate. I've never been in a league where the team with first position got to do all transactions before the next person.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I think the waiver claims need to rotate. I've never been in a league where the team with first position got to do all transactions before the next person.

That's certainly not the intent. BACK TO THE SETTINGS I GO.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

On second hand, that looks to be the setting:

quote:

Waiver Wire Claims Per Team - Choose how many Waiver Wire players each owner may claim when it is his turn.

All Players Each Turn
Each owner gets all the players he requests before it's the next owner's pick.

1 Player Each Turn
Each owner gets 1 player, in order of preference, before it's the next owner's pick.

quote:

Rotate Waiver Wire Order After Each Claim
If you select this option, each team that successfully makes a claim will be put to the end of the order. This order will remain until the Waiver Wire order gets reset according to the days you specified above, or will never reset if you did not specify any reset days.

If you do not select this option, claims will be processed in the above specified Priority Order (e.g. Serpentine, Non-serpentine). Once it is finished, the order will remain what it was before claim processing execution, and will only change if/when it is reset as per the specified "Reset Days" above.

And our order is:

quote:

Waiver Wire Claim Priority Order
Waiver Wire claims are determined by an automated ranking system. Whenever Waiver Wire claims are processed, the team that gets the player will be determined by the priority system of your choice.

Reverse Order of Standings (serpentine)
When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Reverse Order of Standings (non-serpentine)
Same as above, except that the order remains the same each round. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Random (serpentine)
When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the order of the picks is randomly generated and uses a serpentine order system.

This should be acceptable to everyone, yes?

As for when waivers go to FA:

quote:

Auto Free-for-all Changeover Day
If you want Fantrax to automatically change your FA claim system between the current processed method (Bidding or Automated Priority Order) and Free-for-all (1st come 1st serve) on a weekly basis, you can specify here the day that you want the system to do the switch to Free-for-all. The switch will happen right after the time the claims are processed, unless you specify a period where claims cannot be executed at all (see Duration claims locked after changeover option below), so this day must match one of the day(s) on which you set the claims to be processed above.

quote:

Auto Free Agent Free-For-All Change-Back Method
You can choose a specific day of the week to revert back from free-for-all to processed claims, or you can let the system do it on the first date/time that lineups become locked, after the time the changeover to free-for-all ocurred. If you choose a specific day of the week, the changeover time will occur when lineups become locked on that day. If no events are being played on that day and therefore no lock time, the changeover will occur at the end of that day (11:59pm ET). If you choose First Lineup Lock Time After Changeover and the fantasy season has not yet started, the claim system will revert back on the specified "Auto Free-for-all change-back day".

In either option, if your league is set up to lock lineup changes for each player individually on the first game of said player, the changeover from free-for-all to processed claims will happen 5 minutes before the first event of the day (or week).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Can we leave FA's unlocked until Saturday Morning? Right now it'd lock down as soon as the first Thursday game kicks off.

You might have a bit of the "player has big game, picks them up", but that's only 2ish games. Maybe manually set it so that players don't hit free for all until the Wednesday after the first week so the first Thursday's batch of games aren't affected by that?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is there a way to lock players when their game starts? I feel that's the best way.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

Is there a way to lock players when their game starts? I feel that's the best way.

yeah, that's even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

jabro posted:

I believe players are locked at the start of their first game of the week - not the first game of the week for all players.

quote:

Automated Waiver Wire Placement

Select one of these options to automatically put players on waivers at specific dates and times. Every player in the player pool will be waived on the day(s)/time(s) you select, except if you choose the Before the start of their respective games each day option. In that case, players not playing that period will not be waived unless you enable the Auto Waive players not playing option below.

* Players will remain on waivers for the same duration they would as per the regular waiver settings of this league, such as if a player were dropped by an owner.

** Players who are in pending waiver claims will get re-waived, so their waiver process date may get pushed back, depending on your settings.

*** If nobody is logged into the league, the changeover may not occur at the exact time specified - it will occur sometime afterward, or as soon as someone logs into the league - whichever comes first.

We have it set to that... it should work!

• Locked thread