Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

These daisies have been growing by the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant. Is this what you want to happen to you? That's what Nuclear Power is doing to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

They look like butts.

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
a increase in biodeversity , nice job psyhic's

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

do you like peppermint op

because you only get it because they created a strain of it resistant to a horrible blight with radiation

mutate or die

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i want to give my girlfriend butt daisies for her birthday

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

More surface area of pollen for bees to get and spread?

Want a superior flower go Nuclear Power .

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
would

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

chaosbreather posted:

do you like peppermint op

because you only get it because they created a strain of it resistant to a horrible blight with radiation

mutate or die

No peppermint is poo poo. I much prefer natural, non-GMO spearmint. HTH

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BurnBlackJay posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't think nuclear power fans also advocate earthquakes that cause uncontrolled radiation leaks.
Pls show pictures of daisies growing near nuclear power plants that have not been the site of accidents.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Until there's a godzilla or something really cool I say we keep irradiating this gay earth.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
not actually true, op, but it did kill a lot of people so I'm glad of that

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
In the future all of us will simply be hyper-intelligent blobs of flesh covered with thick meaty penises and moist tight vaginas and instead of war we will all congregate in town centers and roll around all over each other copulating without fear of disease.

Trump 2012

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciation

Not that uncommon, and unlikely to have been triggered by the radiation.

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
OP, how do you feel about pink grapefruit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit#Ruby_Red

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah this isn't actually true

http://m.snopes.com/nuclear-mutant-daisies/

Though the picture is real, anyway. But don't try to go smearing nuclear power with weird flowers.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

BurnBlackJay posted:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

I don't think nuclear power fans also advocate earthquakes that cause uncontrolled radiation leaks.
Pls show pictures of daisies growing near nuclear power plants that have not been the site of accidents.

So you're saying that nuclear power is safe as long as there aren't any accidents?

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

HJE-Cobra posted:

Yeah this isn't actually true

http://m.snopes.com/nuclear-mutant-daisies/

Though the picture is real, anyway. But don't try to go smearing nuclear power with weird flowers.

quote:

While radiation from the Fukushima disaster in 2011 certainly has had an impact on the plant life in the surrounding area, the above-displayed photograph doesn’t necessarily show the mutation of daisies due to nuclear radiation.

:rolleyes: Of course it can't be proven but what can. If you wanna risk your health and health of your loved-ones with exposure to radiation, I cant stop you. But I dont want that junk in my backyard

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Amarcarts posted:

In the future all of us will simply be hyper-intelligent blobs of flesh covered with thick meaty penises and moist tight vaginas and instead of war we will all congregate in town centers and roll around all over each other copulating without fear of disease.

Trump 2012

read American Flagg. This is true

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Mutation helps drive evolution. All I see in the OP is progress, but maybe I'm just too much of an optimist.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Way to complain about twice the flower per stem, retard

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I like the buttflowers

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
All that those daisies prove is that we shouldn't be dumbasses that build nuclear power plants within reach of tsunamis in an area prone to loving huge earthquakes.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
On a serious note, it's crazy that the Fukushima disaster was potentially so much worse than Chernobyl, but appears to been contained much better. You'd think multiple reactors fully melting down and a few more partially melting would practically be the end of Japan, but somehow it's been contained to releasing about 20% as much as Chernobyl did.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Yeah OP. Nuclear power fans advocate nuclear power and not earthquakes. Nice strawman.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

:rolleyes: Of course it can't be proven but what can. If you wanna risk your health and health of your loved-ones with exposure to radiation, I cant stop you. But I dont want that junk in my backyard

Kinda hard to pin it to nuclear power when it happens elsewhere that's not in a radiated area. It seems daisy's growing like this and other fuckups are pretty normal as daisy's are rather complex

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

wilderthanmild posted:

somehow it's been contained

Hosing it into the ocean and calling it a day is not containment.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Actually that's what unregulated capitalism/crony capitalism is advocating but thanks anyway

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

On a serious note, it's crazy that the Fukushima disaster was potentially so much worse than Chernobyl, but appears to been contained much better. You'd think multiple reactors fully melting down and a few more partially melting would practically be the end of Japan, but somehow it's been contained to releasing about 20% as much as Chernobyl did.

That's because as ancient and ill placed as these reactors were they are not one tenth as retarded as the rbmk at Chernobyl.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Thats nothing look at this fukishima cat that was found early this year:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How many bananas worth of radiation were released from fukushima? Cause that's my favorite unit of radiation, the amount contained in one banana.

Also the same gently caress off huge earthquake that let some bananas worth of radiation escape from fukushima turned an oil refinery up the same coast into an oily smear of unlivable, ecologically hosed land that is basically abandoned but welp no scary ATOMZ OMG loving RUN angle there so it's not news.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
If I saw a flower like that I'd fuckin stomp the poo poo out of it, that's creepy as hell.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4397

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

wilderthanmild posted:

The Japanese governemtn has been pretty aggressively covering it up, we really don't know how well the damage has been contained

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Salt Fish posted:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

we should invest in safer alternatives like cold fusion and clean coal

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Salt Fish posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

wilderthanmild posted:

20% is understating it because amount of radiation released isn't a good metric - it caused infinitely fewer deaths, that is, it didn't cause any deaths. (One old person committed suicide instead of evacuating, if that counts then you have to count the bus driver in brazil who drove into a windmill as a death due to wind power.)

Nuclear power owns and we're never going to harness enough of it to limit the harm of climate change because of idiots like the OP and presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

• Locked thread