Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/officer-shown-tossing-peanuts-at-a-homeless-man/ar-AAdzIOe?ocid=iehp

Of course the lamestream (mainstream) media wants to spin this selfless act into something ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
cops care

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
so he feeds himself

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
serve and protect

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
what does an 'investigation' entail when you've got video proof of police doing evil bullshit

what is there to investigate.

just watch the video. then you turn and say ''mr police man, you're fired.'

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

real_slime posted:

''mr police man, you're fired.'

That's not a thing. Those are not words that get said.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

real_slime posted:

what does an 'investigation' entail when you've got video proof of police doing evil bullshit

What if there were mitigating circumstances?

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

What if there were mitigating circumstances?

like what

there's a video of all the circumstances pretty much

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

real_slime posted:

turn and say ''mr police man, you're fired.'

police have some of the strongest unions

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

real_slime posted:

like what

there's a video of all the circumstances pretty much

Yeah but no sound. Maybe the homeless man insisted the peanuts be thrown at him to make him feel more comfortable (because the homeless are used to having things tossed at them).

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
This thread needs a pick-me-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Vwy_lgyuc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the homeless guy seemed to enjoy the peanuts, what is the officer supposed to do, gently place the peanuts in the mans mouth? The man was cuffed and could not feed the peanuts to himself, and the only other alternative would be a pig style peanut trough and that would be degrading. I saw the officer did no wrong, and if anything was kind in sharing his delicious nutricious snack with the criminal bum

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
the law is for protection of the people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK8TSJuBMgM

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

the homeless guy seemed to enjoy the peanuts, what is the officer supposed to do, gently place the peanuts in the mans mouth? The man was cuffed and could not feed the peanuts to himself, and the only other alternative would be a pig style peanut trough and that would be degrading. I saw the officer did no wrong, and if anything was kind in sharing his delicious nutricious snack with the criminal bum

It's sick the way we're so quick to vilify our public servants.
I wish I weren't banned from MSN or I'd have a few choice words for article's comments section.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Blue Train posted:

police have some of the strongest unions

Is it just a coincidence then that the police unions seem to be the only unions Republicans don't have a problem with

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

I never heard this song before and the first thing I did was rip an mp3 of it

Some might say But Botnit That Is :filez: and to that I say I don't give a poo poo I'm listening to it right now and will continue to no matter what some limp wristed child molesting mod says

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

The guy's an inveterate criminal, guilty of such heinous crimes as finding a place to sleep out of the rain and continuing to sleep out of the rain after the police told him not to. He richly deserves to be treated this way.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Botnit posted:

Some might say But Botnit That Is :files: and to that I say I don't give a poo poo I'm listening to it right now and will continue to no matter what some limp wristed child molesting mod says

best case scneario you get arested and get to eat peanuts from a kind officer

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

jiharlequinade posted:

The guy's an inveterate criminal, guilty of such heinous crimes as finding a place to sleep out of the rain and continuing to sleep out of the rain after the police told him not to. He richly deserves to be treated this way.

fed delicious free food? I guess but im not as charitable as you

also the police gave him a place to sleep outside of the rain as well, so thank you kind officer for the free food and shelter

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you put ur life on the line everyday liebrals huh??? ur in no position to tell cops HOW TO DO THEIR JOB. cops do nothing wrong they our heros!!!!!!
typical ungrateful black imo

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
If the purpose of homeless people is not for our entertainment, then what is their purpose?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

should have fed him a lead salad imo

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
not gonna click the link op but wanted to say thx for posting

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

wasting my tax dollars on someone who doesn't contribute any

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Botnit posted:

Some might say But Botnit That Is :filez: and to that I say I don't give a poo poo I'm listening to it right now and will continue to no matter what some limp wristed child molesting mod says

yeah its p. good

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Blaming unions for this is really dumb. A union is morally and legally obligated to take your side on issues like this. Just like a criminal defense attourney has an obligation to defend the people that pay him so does a union have an obligation to defend the people that pay it. Part of that defense is ensuring an investigation into serious incidents takes place even if that investigation will likely end up being a formality, and because such investigations are also required when they are not a formality they have to be conducted while a person continues to be employed, and as police as salaried workers at least in part this means paid. Lots of cops do indeed get fired or forced to "retire" from situations like this, many others are removed to some part of policing that is away from public interaction which work they generally strongly dislike, etc.

With that said it is probably not a good idea to entice a homeless man to grovel for peanuts.

Sehnsucht
Aug 2, 2003
Damn you and your daily doubles you brigand!

Botnit posted:

why bother addressing this

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Honestly surprised that the punchline wasn't 'fed him a bullet'.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

real_slime posted:

why are you against feeding the homeless

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Olanphonia posted:

Honestly surprised that the punchline wasn't 'fed him a bullet'.
Came into this thread thinking the same thing, op is still sad but at least not cold blooded murder.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
was disappointed that this wasn't a thread about a police officer being cannibalized by a starving homeless

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

Came into this thread thinking the same thing, op is still sad but at least not cold blooded murder.

if this was albuquerque police they would have interpreted him going to the floor peanuts as an act of agression, shot him 50 times, then tasered him, then pepper sprayed him, then read him his rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Feeds him by yelling "EAT HOT LEAD, SCUMBAG!"

• Locked thread