Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i dunno i feel like i could go from outrage to supportive if i found out he made himself a grill from the lion's teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

The people leaving tiny stuffed lions and tigers outside: :drat:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol at the show trial because the eyes of the first world are on Zimbabwe right now. As soon as people forget about this, it's back to business as usual.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Kare detected

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Typical liberal hypocrisy, kill thousands of unborn babies every day, only care about a lion.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Gearing up to kill a panda at Xmas lolol

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BigBoss posted:

Lol at the show trial because the eyes of the first world are on Zimbabwe right now. As soon as people forget about this, it's back to business as usual.

like the eyes of the world bother Zimbabwe

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

like the eyes of the world bother Zimbabwe

As long as people pay attention to this and not the theft of land, maybe that sweet IMF money will come back...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Murder all the babies. Save all the lions. IMO

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
how do these work; does O'bungler really have to weigh in if it reaches the goal?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Millie posted:

I'm sure they would rather have his rich white poaching rear end spending the next decade giving them some more cash to shoot animals until they die.

Probably not, since that lion brought in a ton of tourism money. Unless you think it's literally only the rest of the world that gives a poo poo about this dude poaching that particular lion, and not the residents and government of Zimbabwe.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's a shame people only care about the most iconic of problems.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Probably not, since that lion brought in a ton of tourism money. Unless you think it's literally only the rest of the world that gives a poo poo about this dude poaching that particular lion, and not the residents and government of Zimbabwe.

So a non-famous lion would be less of an issue?

Zimbawbwe could just make it illegal to hunt lions in the country but they don't because its insanely profitable. The Parks are just the areas where lions can't be hunted and as we see it's insanely easy to lure a lion out of the preserve and kill it legally according to the letter or the law. Either make poaching a serious crime or accept that you can't ensure the safety of the animals even on preserves.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
this puts me in the mood to club some babby seals

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
its p manly to kill a rhino that's basically extinct, got to feel good no doubt

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
What happened to that used car dealership that berated the pizza guy because they gave him the wrong amount of money and he thought it was a tip.

They wanted him fired and the used car guys uploaded the video to Youtube thinking that they were in the right but it was obvious they were total douchebags.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

its p manly to kill a rhino that's basically extinct, got to feel good no doubt

The argument with the rhino is that it was old and beyond breeding years, and black rhinos have a high "combat mortality rate." So a non-breeding and soon-to-be-dead-anyway rhino that could potentially kill breeding-age rhinos was actually a hindrance to the recovery of the species.

That's the argument anyway. I'm not a rhino scientist.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

jet sanchEz posted:

What happened to that used car dealership that berated the pizza guy because they gave him the wrong amount of money and he thought it was a tip.

They wanted him fired and the used car guys uploaded the video to Youtube thinking that they were in the right but it was obvious they were total douchebags.

Nothing happened to them, business is doing fine. Actually they just got in trouble for threatening to kill a female customer for trying to get her money back on a defective car. Because everyone on the internet who is mad forgets within 3 days.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Melmac posted:

Nothing happened to them, business is doing fine. Actually they just got in trouble for threatening to kill a female customer for trying to get her money back on a defective car. Because everyone on the internet who is mad forgets within 3 days.

KONY 2012

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
What about that older lady who was volunteering on a school bus and the kids on the bus were vulgar and rude to her and threatened her? There was a kickstarter to give her money for a vacation that ended at over a half million dollars for her, did she take the money?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the guy that walked 21 miles one way to work had his life ruined by that kickstarter, everybody in his past is trying to get a cut and he had to move to get out of the attention and he has to park that shiny new car at the police station

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol im glad everyone is harassing thi stupid retard

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

pentyne posted:

Zimbawbwe could just make it illegal to hunt lions in the country but they don't because its insanely profitable. The Parks are just the areas where lions can't be hunted and as we see it's insanely easy to lure a lion out of the preserve and kill it legally according to the letter or the law. Either make poaching a serious crime or accept that you can't ensure the safety of the animals even on preserves.

It's good that people are outraged enough that this makes CNN headlines, hopefully that means someone, somewhere has to budge. Also methinks the dentist's huntin' days are done, and it feels me with joy.

And that plushy memorial was the nicest thing I've seen on facebook today, so there's that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

it looks as if he had enough money to bribe authorities and avoid any serious punishment so far but maybe shooting a well known and beloved lion with a loving gps collar right outside the national park might be too much

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'm sure his business will take a hit and he might have to hang up the Rambow for good and everything, but the goon in me hopes he gets recognized in a sports bar a year from and a mob pull his trackpants around his ankles while smashing him with handbags and burger sliders while laughing at his pathetic lack of endowment

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a shame people only care about the most iconic of problems.

can't care about something you don't know about, and people certainly aren't going to go out of their way to get informed. if some problem pops up on their newsfeed, then that's the problem they know and care about.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

babypolis posted:

it looks as if he had enough money to bribe authorities and avoid any serious punishment so far but maybe shooting a well known and beloved lion with a loving gps collar right outside the national park might be too much
"That sure was a legal kill we just did. Wait..." <holds up GPS tracker> "What is this?"
"Uh, I dunno. Is it a FitBit?"
"Oh, maybe it is. Heh" <decapitates lion>

corpuscollossus posted:

the goon in me hopes he gets recognized in a sports bra a year from and a mob pull his trackpants around his ankles while smashing him
This sentence is entirely different if you misread "sports bar" like I did.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
http://www.wildcru.org/

Figures, the day that people would care the most and donate readily, their donation page is down. When you click it, it gives some error about some date in April.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

pentyne posted:

Uh, yeah, we never would have heard about it if this douche hadn't decided to spend $50k to lure a really famous and beloved lion that was a member of a protected species out of its preserve and kill it. I accept that there are always going to be rich assholes who think that it's fun to shoot wild animals because it makes them feel manly, but this guy is unequivocally a poacher on top of just an rear end in a top hat.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
literally a previously convicted poacher, he obviously knew what he was doing and thought "gently caress yeah nobody gonna bust me if I just poach in africa, those fuckers are too poor to care and I got 50k on it"

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

it's sad that he's rich enough that his "i didn't know it was illegal" defense will probably hold up and he'll carry on being a dumb rich old white dude

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Uh, yeah, we never would have heard about it if this douche hadn't decided to spend $50k to lure a really famous and beloved lion that was a member of a protected species out of its preserve and kill it. I accept that there are always going to be rich assholes who think that it's fun to shoot wild animals because it makes them feel manly, but this guy is unequivocally a poacher on top of just an rear end in a top hat.

There are hundreds of assholes exactly like this piece of poo poo. Just watch any documentary on canned lion hunting. Declawed lions barbiturated to the eyeballs in an enclosure half the size of a football pitch get a high calibre round to the body so they can spend the last minutes of their life bleeding out. You don't want to damage the trophy after all. This guy is genuinely just unlucky that he shot the wrong lion.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

literally a previously convicted poacher, he obviously knew what he was doing and thought "gently caress yeah nobody gonna bust me if I just poach in africa, those fuckers are too poor to care and I got 50k on it"

Actually now that I think about it, he's a convicted felon. I thought convicted felons couldn't own guns? hmmm

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
A search shows me that

so yeah how come he's a convicted felon but owns a gun? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lion-killer-walter-james-palmer-has-bear-related-felony-n400226

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Melmac posted:

A search shows me that

so yeah how come he's a convicted felon but owns a gun? http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lion-killer-walter-james-palmer-has-bear-related-felony-n400226

he hunts with bow and arrow

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

he hunts with bow and arrow

Now it all makes sense

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Melmac posted:

Now it all makes sense

all that outrage wasted. try to focus on the dead kitty

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i hope they shoot and decapitate the dentist.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Further proof that the only thing that can stop a convicted felon with a bow and arrow is a lion with a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

corpuscollossus posted:

I'm sure his business will take a hit and he might have to hang up the Rambow for good and everything, but the goon in me hopes he gets recognized in a sports bar a year from and a mob pull his trackpants around his ankles while smashing him with handbags and burger sliders while laughing at his pathetic lack of endowment

Lol ur thinkin about his dick. Fuckin weirdo

• Locked thread