Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

My thumb is healed but now I have a cornea infection. Just put me on AP in both leagues until I post otherwise.

Omg dude. I've never had any type of eye infection but that sounds horrible.

Get better :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm joined up and set my board/redshirts, r2a.

Feels GREAT being able to actually scout. :)

Weird not having a single TE on my roster to start, but maybe the standard GT playbook doesn't call for one?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I set the coach progression to fastest. You can take the premade coach if you want, but I'd prefer if everyone makes their own so we start out on even footing. If we want to use the premade coaches I'd prb trash this and restart it just to be safe.

Cletus - The Wing T does not use TEs, thats why you have like 5 FBs and 8 HBs.

I would recommend that Wreckus choose Clemson or Louisville instead of BC (they have a bad situation starting out, but would have promise down the line if you want to try and build it up).

Gonna have to recruit like the actual Hokies this time around, only 2 in the top 100 had interest in me, and I've only got 3 players on the board with a scouted rating above 75 lol. How times have changed.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So uh...Practice Mode works right now.

Also, r2a.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

So uh...Practice Mode works right now.

Also, r2a.

loving WHAT WHEN HAS THAT EVER WORKED IN THE ONLINE DYNASTY. Not for years would be my opinion...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Perhaps the beginning stage of a dynasty is the only one in which nothing is bugged?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can't get to my Xbox to accept the invite til the morning or tomorrow evening

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Everyone has until Sunday probably to accept their invite and get set.

Also injuries are dumb so I turned them off. Its a game so whatever.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just want to give everyone the heads-up that I'll be out of town Sun-Tues.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If that's when you're in NOLA, hit me up

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Someone should reach out to Sly and tell him to join now so he won't get the coach xp bug.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

This weekend is the glorious christmas of college football so even when we advance to week 1, we won't be moving beyond that super quickly. I'm aware of the holiday business.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
im joining up late tonight or tomorrow am

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This weekend is the glorious christmas of college football so even when we advance to week 1, we won't be moving beyond that super quickly. I'm aware of the holiday business.

Doesn't matter. If we advance to week 1 before he joins he's hosed.

E: I just sent him a DM via GroupMe.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 4, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Doesn't matter. If we advance to week 1 before he joins he's hosed.

E: I just sent him a DM via GroupMe.

Since this is a fresh dynasty it should be okay with your first join...

I thought the issue was rejoining a dynasty where you had already been a member. Is the actual issue that not joining during the preseason of S1 is the disastrous part?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Since this is a fresh dynasty it should be okay with your first join...

I thought the issue was rejoining a dynasty where you had already been a member. Is the actual issue that not joining during the preseason of S1 is the disastrous part?

Yes. Dubious joined the B1G after we already started and he's got the bug. Also, Vandy of the SEC has it and he joined after we started.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Yes. Dubious joined the B1G after we already started and he's got the bug. Also, Vandy of the SEC has it and he joined after we started.

actually that's not entirely true, i was Wisconsin initially in S2 without a bug, and then when i came back as UCLA i had it

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
It's EA. It's loving random. I've joined dynasties post-S1 and didn't get the bug, but more often than not, have. Always tried to figure out if it's "did someone have that team before you" or all that poo poo. There's no logic to it.

I'm pretty sure my first few months playing with all of you, we were all trying to figure out solutions or what exactly caused it and how some people didn't get affected. We've all spent way too much of our lives worrying about it.

gently caress, remember when someone had changed a playbook for a team and then left and no one could play the CPU because you could never get a play off? That's happened I think in at least one goon dynasty and one other dynasty I was in. Getting people to join just to change the playbook. EA kills us.

The only 100% guarantee is to join before the dynasty gets started.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Give me till Monday. Just tried to join and had Xbox live timeouts. I really want coach xp and if I get bugged, fuuuuck.

Also considering I had to fight to keep my Xbox after the breakup, just for e-football...yea

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I'm out of town until Monday so I'd appreciate it if we can wait until then.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
In as FSU, board set.

Strong team, good depth, good initial recruiting board.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We'll wait for you Sly.

Yeah man FSU is p loaded as they sorta should be. There is going to be a severe talent gap once again until we can recruit ourselves into better position.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
EA servers are down for me at the moment hope to get this done tonight

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Done.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

At this point everyone gets until tomorrow evening. Alas virtual hokies should be less crippled under my direction.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's get this thing going.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Let's get this thing going.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Week 1 is HERE! Enjoy your new squads everyone.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think we should turn injuries on. This game feels way too easy without them.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I think we should turn injuries on. This game feels way too easy without them.

Umm alright? Although trust me when your QB gets hurt and his back up is some 76 ovr r fr you're gonna be mad. I figured since it was games it was more fun without worrying about injuries. It's not as though injuries happen that often, plus stamina still exists guys can get gassed and need to be subbed.

Thoughts everyone else?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i don't really care either way. In my seasons playing this game I haven't really ever been seriously affected by injuries anyway. Lose a QB for a quarter here and there.

I think i lost a running back for 3 weeks once?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
As a team with a rushing QB, I am all for no injuries.. :)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I won easily, but I got ~*EA Magic*~ tilt against me on 3 INTs in the loving dirt. One was so bad, I cell phoned it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSt8LV1Ico

My freshman QB is a stud and just may supplant the JR.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Him indifferent about injuries, never been really affected by them.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I just think the stat padding and 24/7 no huddle will be out of control as it was so easy for me as Pitt.

It's not a big deal though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I just think the stat padding and 24/7 no huddle will be out of control as it was so easy for me as Pitt.

It's not a big deal though.

I struggled to score so I don't know if that's going to be as big an issue once you face better defenses. Plus as noted Stamina/Exhaustion is still in the game so going full no huddle all the time will still gas your players making them slower etc. It just means no one is losing their star player to something wonky for the season. That's how I saw it anyway.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My membership lapsed so I'm on ap til Friday when I get paid

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Erry body got a till tomorrow night to play their game if you aim to.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
wrong thread

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Erry body got a till tomorrow night to play their game if you aim to.
I always have trouble with the time stamp on posts here.. Monday night or Sunday night? I can definitely get it in tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm gone until Friday, I'll take a sim.

• Locked thread