Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Sunday? Maybe Saturday evening but I'll likely be dead tired from Octoberfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

For those of you who are scheduled to with Wreckus, he is literally the most unresponsive person alive. The way I approach my games with him is to log on whenever I have time to also play a CPU game, and just checking to see if he's on as well. This has worked well for me as he always stops/quits whatever else he's doing to get the game in. It's not preferable but it beats the playing CPU, and doesn't inconvenience you as you were already intending to play a game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Sunday? Maybe Saturday evening but I'll likely be dead tired from Octoberfest.
Sure - one of those two times should work, though my wife gets back from a work trip Friday night so if we do Sunday, the earlier the better probably for me.

I work from home though so I'm available during days, in case you're thinking your time difference would keep us from playing during the week.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Normally that's a godsend but I'm out of town until Saturday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a. This Pitt offense is monstrous.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 30, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

R2a. This Pitt offense is monstrous.

Uhh yeah, your Oline is okay, but you've got the best trio of QB/RB/WR prb in the league. The only IRL weirdness is Nathan Peterman taking over for Voytik up there. I fully expect you to face shootouts vs our user foes. While I will have to hope I can keep people under 24 to have a real chance to win with how unexplosive my offense is.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm leaning real heavily on Brissett and my secondary

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm spreading things out a lot.

Slywalker13 posted:

Normally that's a godsend but I'm out of town until Saturday.
Okay - well with my wife getting back from a work trip Friday night, I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make Sat/Sun work - but what time Sunday would you be thinking?

And if I can't make it work, would you be around Monday? If so, what time? I'm in CT now, but you can give it to me in ET. I can convert between those two. :)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 1, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

No rush on this guys. I'm going to be at the ACL music festival all weekend so I won't even be near my 360.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I forgot that you work from home, let's try sometime this week.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Cletus, can we play today, October 5, at 145 pm central?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus, can we play today, October 5, at 145 pm central?
That should work for me but I'll keep you posted. I have to call in a prescription refill to my doctor, but I don't think that I'll be able to go pick them up until tomorrow. If they say they'd be ready today, I would probably be out at that time to handle it, so I'll let you know. If I don't post back, I'll be online at 1:45!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Sly, might need to start around 2. I have a call from 1:30-2, though it doesn't always last until 2. We may not even have it today, so I'll just log in when I'm available sometime between 1:45 and 2.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Gg cletus, your pass d gave up a few huge plays that you couldn't recover from, especially with your recievers being unable to hold onto the ball.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Gg cletus, your pass d gave up a few huge plays that you couldn't recover from, especially with your recievers being unable to hold onto the ball.
Yeah, that crazy INT you got off the tip and then that fumble kept me from working on a comeback. Did the score save for you? The game froze on me as I was typing up a message to you at the end and I'm not seeing it on the website.

edit - Well, I hope it saved - it's still not showing on the Teams page of the website, but we had that problem with a game JB played in another dynasty, so as long as you made it back to the main dynasty screen it should be fine. GG like I said in the message! Yeah you were getting that receiver wide open on me. In the 2nd half, at least for sure in the 4th quarter, I was on the look-out for him to make sure that wouldn't happen again. (but you probably could have pulled it off again) Unfortunately since you know I'm trying option out so much, I was starting to scramble more quickly than I normally would just to get some traction with my fast QB - guess I need to start doing that earlier in user games, I just worry about cheesin'! And yeah, my receivers really were not helping at all!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 5, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I think it did. Can someone check when they play their cpu game?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

TBH you don't even have to make it back to the home screen. It's weird but what happens is the game disconnects once you choose "Exit Game". It doesn't save any of the highlights or stats, but it shows as being played.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Game recorded. I'll prb finish up my game later then hopefully advance. So play it tonight if you haven't already.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

BTW I'm leaving town Thursday and returning Sunday night. I'll be able to play my next game either Wednesday night or Monday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

vt vs gt
fsu vs bc

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

vt vs gt
fsu vs bc
When ya wanna play? (BTW ZSB you have a CPU SEC game still to play! - unless you snuck it by me today)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

When ya wanna play? (BTW ZSB you have a CPU SEC game still to play! - unless you snuck it by me today)

Probably not until Saturday/Sunday morning. I'll try and get my SEC game played tonight, the fall is just super super busy and I have very little time between work and officiating + social things to get to games as quickly.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If this next week of recruiting goes well I could make out like a bandit this year.

Regardless if ZSB stole a SS from underneath me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

If this next week of recruiting goes well I could make out like a bandit this year.

Regardless if ZSB stole a SS from underneath me.

I locked up like half the guys I wanted last week, that said the remainder of my board looks like 70 ovr space fillers till the prestige comes up on the team.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I locked up like half the guys I wanted last week, that said the remainder of my board looks like 70 ovr space fillers till the prestige comes up on the team.

No way. I was ahead by about 150pts on that SS last week.

Some voodoo certainly happened there.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

No way. I was ahead by about 150pts on that SS last week.

Some voodoo certainly happened there.

I had him for a visit, but that was it. Honestly I was p surprised too.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Probably not until Saturday/Sunday morning. I'll try and get my SEC game played tonight, the fall is just super super busy and I have very little time between work and officiating + social things to get to games as quickly.
Tomorrow morning will definitely not work for me unless you're up super early and I happen to also wake up early - driving to my dad's to watch LSU/South Carolina. Evening could work if you're around. Sunday morning could work - or another time during the day. If not, I'm driving my wife (yet again) to the airport Monday, so I'll be free almost all week from Monday afternoon til Friday night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Tomorrow morning will definitely not work for me unless you're up super early and I happen to also wake up early - driving to my dad's to watch LSU/South Carolina. Evening could work if you're around. Sunday morning could work - or another time during the day. If not, I'm driving my wife (yet again) to the airport Monday, so I'll be free almost all week from Monday afternoon til Friday night.

Let's shoot for tomorrow morning. Have fun in Baton Rouge dude, I have to work today anyway and got up late so yeah. Tomorrow!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

One of the nights this week may work, I'm also off work on Thursday and can play during the day. May be able to make some time today, fiance gets grumpy about it alas.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
You should play ASAP as i soon leave town for two weeks and if you are at home Thursday then that would be a good time to play our game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

You should play ASAP as i soon leave town for two weeks and if you are at home Thursday then that would be a good time to play our game.

We will def be advanced by then. Sounds like a plan.

cletus - any afternoon time?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 11, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus - any afternoon time?
Maybe later today, but definitely tomorrow afternoon. (or Tues/Wed - both should be fine since I work from home)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll def have time around 6 CT tomorrow.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna play mine tonight or tomorrow morning

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll def have time around 6 CT tomorrow.
Perfect - that will definitely work for me. Just shoot me a message on XBL - I'll probably be playing MUT. If I don't respond, I probably just have it open, but I'm sure I'll remember to get on at 6 for our game anyway and would see you log in.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Perfect - that will definitely work for me. Just shoot me a message on XBL - I'll probably be playing MUT. If I don't respond, I probably just have it open, but I'm sure I'll remember to get on at 6 for our game anyway and would see you log in.

I'll see you then or a little before!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a.

When this offense struggles, so will the team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

GT gets lots of yards, but not enough points. VT had a bunch of huge plays early and sorta coasted to the finish (1 80 yd TD with 3 shed tackles, 1 83 yd punt return with 3 shed tackles, 1 pick 6). Otherwise gg cletus.

Dubiouss and our pal Wreckus have a game. If BC needs to be Ap'd let me know should it not happen by say Sunday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

GT gets lots of yards, but not enough points. VT had a bunch of huge plays early and sorta coasted to the finish (1 80 yd TD with 3 shed tackles, 1 83 yd punt return with 3 shed tackles, 1 pick 6). Otherwise gg cletus.

Dubiouss and our pal Wreckus have a game. If BC needs to be Ap'd let me know should it not happen by say Sunday.
Yeah you played a great game, even without those unreal broken tackle TDs that I still can't get over. I was trying my best to trick you into thinking I'd be doing something different than I did on offense, worked a few times, but yeah - my passing game definitely needs work. It's weird because Thomas completes a good % of passes against the CPU but he overthrew like crazy against both you and Sly. And I really thought I got out of bounds with that 1 second left on the clock in the first half, it wasn't letting me hurry up, so I was trying to squeeze in a FG there. Not sure if I had tried calling a play other than a FG there if I'd have gotten a chance to even try something, but I was so sad when the clock just went to 0.

(that punt where I think you got the TD, I think the commentators were like "Why didn't he go for the FG there?" - the game suggested punt and my kicker is no where good enough to have made it, but yeah, I should have just tried and failed there haha so maybe they were onto something)

I was only able to show off Thomas' speed a few times but man he is unbelievably fast. I probably should have tried running more options in the first half but I felt like you were expecting them so I was scared.

I don't think you messaged me back on XBL - but did the TOs get you riled up? I thought they might have - wasn't my intention. You went for it on that 4th and goal when I called the first one and I stopped you, then you threw that pick in the end zone even closer to the end. I was of course hoping to SOMEHOW get into the game but after you went for it on the 4th and goal and failed from the first TO I figured I'd keep doing it and try to cause more mistakes. :) I really never like to end a game, blow out or not, with TOs left on the board. Definitely not just to prolong the game for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Nah I went for it on 4th because I figured either i would score or you'd get the ball back. I have no issue with anyone using time outs, since we only get so much of the game I also enjoy playing as much of it as is available. Thomas really made me look bad on a couple of plays, and I think his accuracy suffered because while I didn't log many sacks, I did pressure the QB well for most of the game which created some awkward throws. I felt like my offense was lucky more than anything. I'm still suspicious of this offense sustaining scoring. The defense is suffocating at times, but when I saw the final stats you ran all over me with Thomas, I just held everything else in check, I would also run him more in the future if I were playing with that team.

The punt return was lucky because it bounced into my returner then back to him and the coverage had over pursued it so I only have a couple of slower players to outmaneuver to break it open. Your punting made it tricky, I may need to practice a new technique because I feel like both your punts could have resulted in me turning it back over which is strong special teams play even if it back fired on my return.

Dubiouss I can AP BC so you can play by Wed night.

• Locked thread