Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
just a shitton of ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
just make a grilled cheese but sprinkle a little shredded cheese on the outside when it's almost done and cook that till it's crispy

also heat up some tomato soup from a can (this is key)

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Enfield posted:

for realsies though put some butter on a cast iron and put bread on the butter and cheese on the bread and you can finish it off in the oven

Honestly you gotta dig a pit in the ground, cover up that sandwich with some coals and then cover those coals up and let the fire pit slowly cook it to perfection over the course of the day.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
tomato soup

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

I'd eat the gently caress out of that

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Honestly you gotta dig a pit in the ground, cover up that sandwich with some coals and then cover those coals up and let the fire pit slowly cook it to perfection over the course of the day.

this is a good way to prepare 45 grilled cheese at once but sometimes you want a grilled cheede in 5 minutes because youre drunk

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Take your grilled cheese sandwich and cut it into quarters

cut those quarters into quarters again and stab each piece with a toothpick

MINI GRILLED CHEESE BITES BITCH, get yourself a selection of dipping sauces and you're in culinary heaven

or use the mini grilled cheese bites as croutons for a salad or soup

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

YES. i always dip my grill cheese in some tomato soup from since i was a child.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

this, and a dill pickle on the side.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Add a fried egg and tomato paste.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
1. Put the bread, butter, cheese, tomato soup and pickle spear in a pan and cover. Braise at 300 for four hours until the collagen turns to gelatin. Add lime and sugar and cool. Enjoy your jello op!

Or

2. Take some buttered bread and cheese and wad it into a tight ball. Cram the ball into your rectum.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
offer a human sacrifice to the grilled cheese god

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
just got home from work at 6pm and I'm feeling real tired after a long week

felt like making something easy and simple like a cheese toastie

remembered I'd baked some rustic sour dough loaf the other night (because it was a Monday)

hopped on my vintage pastel green bike and rode down to the local farmers market 7km away

picked up a whole wheel of artisan smoked cheddar and placed it in the bike basket (I'd be entertaining this weekend anyway)

stopped off at the nearby community garden and milked nessy the freerange neighbourhood cow for a few minutes

got home and finally had a chance to use my new oak barrel churner! [attach_image.jpg]

churned butter for a few hours while listening to the new florence and the machine album

stomped the bellows and fired up the wood kiln and cooked my cheese sandwich

just a quick instagram pic I snapped before I tuck in! [attach_image.jpg] #nofilter #checkeredtablecloth #lovelyfe #goonswithspoons

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Twijfelaar cheese (made from cow, goat and sheep milk) plus some thinly sliced smoked horsemeat. For extra convenience take some pita bread instead of slices and warm it up in a toaster.

Your welcome.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

poptart as bread

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mac n grilled cheese :vince:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Put basil pesto and tomato slices on it.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Bacon and pineapple are also real good on a girl cheese

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

the more butter you use, the better

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
hahahahahaa yes lets bring butter into this cheese equation

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i don't eat either, the greasiest thing i eat is pumpkin seeds lightly fried in sesame oil

im like some kinda granola fucko

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Shithouse Dave posted:

Put basil pesto and tomato slices on it.

At that point you might as well just say gently caress it and make a mozzarella en carozza

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

not enough fat

deep fry the son of a bitch

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

huskarl_marx posted:

i don't eat either, the greasiest thing i eat is pumpkin seeds lightly fried in sesame oil

im like some kinda granola fucko

kale chips ftw.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

The Saurus posted:

At that point you might as well just say gently caress it and make a mozzarella en carozza

Huh, I didn't know this had a name! Thanks!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
tomato and bacon, and dip it in sriracha instead of tomato soup...simple and delicious, no better girled cheese imo unless u getting really faggy with it which defeats the point of the sandwich (unless u are selling them to fleece millenial hipsters, which is prob more profitable than money counterfeiting)

gourmet girl cheese. lmfao how stupid and lazy can u be?!

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 29, 2015

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't get down with tomato slices in a girled cheese. every time i've tried it they don't get cooked enough so they're just hot raw tomates making my sandwich all wet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:eyepop:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

i can't get down with tomato slices in a girled cheese. every time i've tried it they don't get cooked enough so they're just hot raw tomates making my sandwich all wet

I love that, they add a juiciness to the straight fat and carbs of girl cheese. We all got different tastes tho.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

kale chips ftw.

dude i make the most amazing kale quinoa dolmathes

they'll make your handlebar moustache do a burlesque show

tyool 2015 hipster paradise eat my poo poo

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Shithouse Dave posted:

I love that, they add a juiciness to the straight fat and carbs of girl cheese. We all got different tastes tho.

you just have me the idea to add some homemade chunky salsa to my next gurled cheese :thumbsup:

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
If you add meat to a grilled cheese sandwich it becomes something else

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Mariana Horchata posted:

tomato and bacon, and dip it in sriracha instead of tomato soup...simple and delicious, no better girled cheese imo unless u getting really faggy with it which defeats the point of the sandwich (unless u are selling them to fleece millenial hipsters, which is prob more profitable than money counterfeiting)

line of motherfuckers standing outside a truck, how little dignity can you have

to eat loving wheat outsida loving cows milk

jesus wept

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
wait sorry

there was another layer f cows milk on the outside

lmao grilled cheese has created an entire race of landless subjects whose lives are contained within the lifecycles of a grass and a grass eater

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shithouse Dave posted:

i think if they were just a little drier i'd like it better. maybe next time i can salt them like eggplant ahead of time and they'll lose some liquid first

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I also enjoy a thin spread of Brown Mustard on my grilled chee

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Put the butter/whatever on both sides and cheese in the middle. Put the stove on low.
Now the trick is to wait until some of the butter/whatever on top begins to melt. That's the perfect time to flip it; any sooner and it'll fall apart because the cheese is melted, any longer and it'll burn. You can flip it all you want after that point to make both sides are to your liking.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

haha now someone just needs to do a gourmet peanut butter and jelly food truck and the sun will finally explode from disappointment and end our pathetic existence

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Laughing Man posted:

use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the sandwich
Fried mayo smell is the worst smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw30ANjus4

• Locked thread