Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've followed John Hennigan's career since Tough Enough and have always been a fan of his. It's too bad he wasn't better on the mic in WWE, but they really screwed up a great opportunity to make a huge long-term star from the ground up. He was briefly white-hot one year and getting title shots, but then they shoved him into that stupid mixed tag at Wrestlemania and then was buried after the draft that year. Had they held onto him and pushed him at main event level (at least Smackdown WHC level) he could've filled the Cena/Orton spot they've been looking for forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Guys, I did it. I made it all the way through the season with no spoilers. The key is to not have an Observer subscription and avoid any LU related Wikipedia page like the plague. Only 2 1/2 more hours!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Guys, I did it. I made it all the way through the season with no spoilers. The key is to not have an Observer subscription and avoid any LU related Wikipedia page like the plague. Only 2 1/2 more hours!

i had the end of the medallion match spoiled for me due to my drat wikipedia diving so ive cut myself off from the lucha-related aspect of that website till the end of the night.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just signed up for the free trial of sling.tv so I'm actually gonna be able to watch this legit. Glad they're showing last week's episode at 7 since I'm two weeks behind thanks to the G1.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

One hour left. Feel the hype, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to have your tuxedo on all nice and fresh.

I envy that Thauros is about to see Mack v Cage for the first time!

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 6, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

One hour left. Feel the hype, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to have your tuxedo on all nice and fresh.

I envy that Thauros is about to see Mack v Cage for the first time!

That was really fun!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

i had the end of the medallion match spoiled for me due to my drat wikipedia diving so ive cut myself off from the lucha-related aspect of that website till the end of the night.

The medallion match is the only title match I HAVEN'T been spoiled on (Thanks Dave!). HE threw in a really big spoiler for no reason at all in the middle of a news section for a completely different promotion

EDIT: Since that's aired already and there doesn't seem to be a trios title match on tonight's show I guess I can say it. He noted in the goddamn GFW section that Matt Cross loses the trios title at Ultimate Lucha. I love Dave, but c'mon man.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 6, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
HERE WE GO

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

IT'S TIME

I AM GOING TO ENJOY A VAMPIRO MATCH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

poo poo, gonna miss at least half of this, I can't believe this is the last episode :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
oh boy lets go!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh wow, Schiavello

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, gonna miss at least half of this, I can't believe this is the last episode :(

It's not?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

very excited for this silly show

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
this was not what I expected to open

but then again, Cage v Mack was the opener last week

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wanna give Matt Striker and Vampiro massive props for improving througout the season from terrible to actually really fun.

Who's the guy replacing vampiro at the desk tonight btw?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Thauros posted:

I wanna give Matt Striker and Vampiro massive props for improving througout the season from terrible to actually really fun.

Who's the guy replacing vampiro at the desk tonight btw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schiavello

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
shout-out to Perrito :unsmith:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Watching LU live for the very first time! I didn't want to wait til tomorrow and I knew I wouldn't have time in the morning anyway, so here we are.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Over/under on "Good night, Irene" tonight: 4

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LvK posted:

shout-out to Perrito :unsmith:

Who is that?

Also, did that commentator just say Mundo was slammed into "our concrete table"?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
ALL SORTS OF BOTHER!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Phenix Rising posted:

Who is that?

Also, did that commentator just say Mundo was slammed into "our concrete table"?

el hijo del perro aguayo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

Who is that?

Perro Aguayo jr, AAA's top heel who died in a freak accident in a match for a Tijuana indie right after Rey returned to AAA.

Dave Meltzer described him as being more important to AAA than John Cena is to WWE, and he was supposed to headline Triplemania vs Rey. With his death they're going with Rey vs. Myzteziz (mistico 1/Sin Cara 1).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Mundo just landed square on his head

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Schiavello owns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that lungblower was picture perfect

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I knew his voice sounded familiar from something but I wasn't sure.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NickRoweFillea posted:

that lungblower was picture perfect

that looked painful as gently caress

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm glad Alberto's finally gotten new boots.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ah okay, I knew about Perro Aguayo but hadn't heard him referred to as Perrito. Thanks for clearing it up!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This match is so loving good

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

I knew his voice sounded familiar from something but I wasn't sure.

He's real good at MMA commentary, not as good as at wrasslin unfortunately

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Johnny's face on that kickout was so good.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 6, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

matt striker read "4000 fights in over 15 countries" straight off of Michael Schiavello's wikipedia page i'm pretty sure

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahaha was that a "you got rouseyed" chant

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

HOLY poo poo MELINA WHAT THE gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Melina :stare:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Melina.

What a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
AHAHA MELINA OUT OF NOWHERE