Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

finally

its time for windows 10 to launch. its probably free for you

seems like the launch is going smoothly, pretty good reviews for the new operating system

i love windows

weve been through a lot

im a huge microsoft fan

im going to take the day off so i can spend all day with windows 10. im going to click every menu and find every setting

i will engross myself in satya nedella's gentle vision

TEAYCHES fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

gayer than apple

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i am unironically excited for this computer operating system

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

If something is free, you are the product

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Flynn Taggart posted:

commodify me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Flynn Taggart posted:

yeah dude i love the clash too

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Lol, ok

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Seen screenshots, looks like total poo poo. So giant font is the new hip. Bleh

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

help the windows haven't downloaded yet how do i get the windows?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

BUG JUG posted:

help the windows haven't downloaded yet how do i get the windows?

it will notify you when it is ready

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp8e-GQ4Fi0

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYcNcFhctc

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0CRWAz09r8

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
does this mean i'll have to reinstall derek smart's Battlecruiser Millennium: Gold Edition?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I was looking forward to a 2015 reboot of Derek Smart's Desktop Commander for Windows 10.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
I'm not going to upgrade until they release windows 11

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

theyre skipping 9 to make people feel like their windows is out of date by 2-3 generations

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Flynn Taggart posted:

It genuinely scares me to think about where my life will take me now that I am a Microsoft product.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Will they release a how to video with two members of the most popular sitcom out right now?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

why don't we all just get linux? penguins are cool right?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Goons know about computers I think is Windows 10 good or not I'm not sure I think upgrades have been bad in the past but I don't pay much attention to these sorts of things

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

sugar free jazz posted:

Goons know about computers I think is Windows 10 good or not I'm not sure I think upgrades have been bad in the past but I don't pay much attention to these sorts of things

do you have windows 8? upgrade. do you have windows 7? upgrade. do you have windows xp? kill yourself.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So, I am becoming the the monkey?

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Zeluth posted:

So, I am becoming the the monkey?

Probably.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_xuFA18m4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
my laptop got the upgrade

now i get to see if it's broken

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
seriously the first person to upgrade give us some feedback on the edge of my seat for this poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Laptop is not broken.

Windows 10 is okay, nothing mind blowing that I've discovered yet, but I'm interested to see what changes come in the next few weeks in terms of updates.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So how do you upgrade? Windows Update isnt doing it for me, and I did that upgrade reserve thingy so what gives?

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Shinjobi posted:

Laptop is not broken.

Windows 10 is okay, nothing mind blowing that I've discovered yet, but I'm interested to see what changes come in the next few weeks in terms of updates.

does it have touch screen support for my penis

i'm serious

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My iPhone's too old for Siri to work but my computer can still run Windows 10 so I guess I can settle for Cortana :getin:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have windoes 7 i think

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Do you still get windows 10 if you didn't click on that 'reserve windows 10' button? Because I didn't click on it because it was all the way down there on my taskbar and :effort:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Gutcruncher posted:

So how do you upgrade? Windows Update isnt doing it for me, and I did that upgrade reserve thingy so what gives?
It's going out in waves. There's some tricks to get in earlier but really why bother?

If you check your update history you'll see 'windows 10 upgrade....failed' as it checks to see if you're in the current wave or not.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Sonofsilversign posted:

seriously the first person to upgrade give us some feedback on the edge of my seat for this poo poo

Still no Aero glass, OS still a failure.

Also MS automatically opts you in to all sorts of google like poo poo when you upgrade "please show advertisements and share my location with advertisers." "please share my wifi passwords with people i know".

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Darkhold posted:

It's going out in waves. There's some tricks to get in earlier but really why bother?

Just found this page. Downloading Win10 right now

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

NihilismNow posted:

Still no Aero glass, OS still a failure.

Also MS automatically opts you in to all sorts of google like poo poo when you upgrade "please show advertisements and share my location with advertisers." "please share my wifi passwords with people i know".

arg im fully not looking forward to that poo poo "hey lemme just whore you out to all my corporate buddies i assume thats cool you dont mind right? oh you do? oh everyone does? welp my bad"

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
hell yeah gonna pour me a cold one tonight and upgrade, no backing up

:cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Just lol if u already upgrade. LOL. U should always wait at least a year to upgrade to new windows, in case it turns out to be one of the lovely ones. And with the cell phone os angle and the "yes please whore out all my info" features its not looking good for this one.

• Locked thread