Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
I want friends, please tell me how to make them because I have only a few. Any small talk tricks of the trade? All suggestions appreciated, thank you and have a great day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
nazi gold

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
just be yourself

if that doesn't work you don't deserve friends, better luck next time

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
if you are genuinely the lady woman in your av pic i would suggest suck a bunch of willies and see what happens

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Make sure people know how desperately lonely you are.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I met a stripper outside of my apartment once, does that count?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
do like your parents did pay them to be your friend

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Show them your small penis, they'll take pity on you and be your friend.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Sucking dicks in general will make you lots of friends. Post an ad on CL casual encounters advertising a blow bang at your house and you'll have more friends than you'll know what to do with

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
usually being likable and putting yourself in a situation where you spend an extended amount of time with the same people, such as a job or hobby works.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
do an amusing song and dance number

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
Neg them on the regs. This will show them that you're "hip" and "with it".

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
3d printer

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

would you want to hang out with some smelly weirdo that never stops talking about taxidermy and his favorite shape of armpit? if no, than stop talking about warhammer and pokemans all the time and take a shower.

(if yes, shoot me a pm)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
People are naturally attracted to others who find enjoyment in life, as opposed to those who are just passing time.

Experience life outside your comfort zone while you're young (although it's never too late to start) and acquire a wide variety of interests.
This makes you a more well-rounded and interesting person with knowledge about the world and lots of cool stories to tell.

If you spend all your time playing video games and watching TV you'll have nothing to offer in a conversation but pop-culture drivel and that will not set you apart from the rabble.

:robble:

hth

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
Post thread

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i carry a 3d printer all the way to her house

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Start by being more assertive.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

start barbecuing and don't stop til people wander over like "whats tath heavenly aroma"?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Get a service job. You bond pretty quick with your co workers in those kind of jobs. Also, guaranteed decent drug hook ups.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Start smoking crack

Also guy saying do a service job has probably the second best advice in the thread (after mine).

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if u have to ask the price u can't afford it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i will friend u

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

unassertive boy 99 posted:

I want friends, please tell me how to make them because I have only a few. Any small talk tricks of the trade? All suggestions appreciated, thank you and have a great day

You just made one!(kinda)

ghlbtsk posted:

People are naturally attracted to others who find enjoyment in life, as opposed to those who are just passing time.

If you spend all your time playing video games .....

:robble:

hth
I have 2 friends I made on xbox live that are super awesome, international travel awesome.
The being happy and enjoying life is good advice for everything.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Hobohemian posted:

Get a service job. You bond pretty quick with your co workers in those kind of jobs. Also, guaranteed decent drug hook ups.

this. i may not get paid well but i'm pretty sure this job has given me the hookups to score literally anything later in life

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

klapman posted:

this. i may not get paid well but i'm pretty sure this job has given me the hookups to score literally anything later in life

like better pay?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

jackyl posted:

like better pay?

no, the important things, like drugs

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
1. get plat
2. click my post history
3. study it
4. talk like me but irl

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

First, get fit, because you can't have friends unless you're powerful, then go buy new clothes, and make sure they are stylish, because people look at your wardrobe to see how well you maintain yourself. then, learn all the phrases, there are many to learn and every city/region/culture has their own.

Now you're ready, build it up in your head the perfect scenario, go to the bar, tell an awesome joke get drinks bought for you and just rock out the party life. pour your soul into this idea, Stress over this ideal version of you, with friends

Now cry to the bouncer who kicked you out for being creepy, cry to him and ask him where to make friends.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

suck some dicks

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

1. get plat
2. click my post history
3. study it
4. talk like me but irl

trip report: got beaten senselessly by some local middle school toughs after saying the word "IRL" both out-loud and phonetically.

wouldn't recommend

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Syck & gently caress your own gay rear end in a top hat, OP

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
develop an interest

join a local club for people who have the same interest

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Learn a little bit about different subjects because then people will like you cause you kinda like the same stuff as they do, but they'll also be able to drone on about poo poo you don't care about and that makes people like you if you let them do that

or occasionally, it will actually be interesting. that one's a keeper

• Locked thread