Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which toilets are best
India
China
Japan
Cambodia
Germany
US
Britain
View Results

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Everyone in India pretty much squats into a hole in the ground. But isn't that how nature intended? The hose is to wash your bum bum after.

People in China poo poo into holes too, but they're a little more social about it. It's a normal thing to do so why are we so private about it?

Whilst the Japanese also poo poo into holes usually, I thought this techno-toilet deserved a special mention.

This is a Cambodian toilet, you basically poo poo into the river and thus the circle of life continues.

German toilets have a 'poop shelf' whereby you can inspect the goods before flushing them goodbye.

American toilets are especially wide due to obesity. The water level is also ridiculously high and thus you tend to get a wet arse when you sit on one.

And finally we have a nice proper British toilet. Notice the normal water level, just right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
your pride in your awful country is hilarious to me

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Proud owner of a shitshelf toilet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
American toilets aren't usually wide, and england is only not fat because the food there has no flavor and everyone just sits around drinking tea and eating stale cookies all day talking in stupid accents

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

proof of concept posted:

your pride in your awful country is hilarious to me

well since the flush toilet was pretty much invented by a Brit i.e. Thomas Crapper I think I've got a right to be proud of our toilets.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
George Washington kicked your asses, and we dumped all your lovely tea in the ocean and not even the fish that suck bacteria off of bigger fish would touch it because tea is loving stupid and they would rather eat the stink off of a fish than lovely england tea

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
in london you can go on a 'loo tour' which sounds pretty exciting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T48MNlv3ibU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shirley Crabtree posted:

well since the flush toilet was pretty much invented by a Brit i.e. Thomas Crapper I think I've got a right to be proud of our toilets.

I meant in general

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

so what do u spit it out into one of these?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
truly a comprehensive, well researched lovely post. gg OP

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I heard the waste basket by the british toilet is for used toilet paper because their poo poo plumbing & sewers can't handle flushing the stuff? hosed up if true.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Japan

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Sancho posted:

I heard the waste basket by the british toilet is for used toilet paper because your poo poo plumbing & sewers can't handle flushing the stuff? hosed up if true.

no silly, thats where ladies put their used jam-rags

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Voted Indian toilets because it's much easier to teach your pet to poo poo in a hole in the ground than it is to train them to balance precariously on the edge of a sit down toilet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUqdj7pOEc

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What games they got

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
When I was wandering around Japantown, I went to the bathroom and they had technotoilets and I was so happy because finally civilization had come to the americas.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's more about the toilet you don't have so my vote is for Ethiopian:

alabaman:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

amityville anus posted:

it's more about the toilet you don't have so my vote is for Ethiopian:

alabaman:

first gis result for ethiopian toilet

i wont lie its not without character

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Whilst the Japanese also poo poo into holes usually, I thought this techno-toilet deserved a special mention.

I hope that plastic shield can be retracted otherwise it's even worse than the German poop shelf.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

it's 1:11 am and my toilet is presently gently spraying water on my filthy rear end in a top hat

japan wins

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
japan isnt the only place that has remote bidets and stuff you can buy em on amazon for like 50 bucks

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bidet question: how do you dry your butt after getting sprayed or do you just walk around with a wet rear end for the rest of the day?

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Applewhite posted:

Bidet question: how do you dry your butt after getting sprayed or do you just walk around with a wet rear end for the rest of the day?

with toilet paper. some more fancy japanese butt washers have built in dryers, but most dont.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Why are Germans so loving weird? Were they this weird before they spent a century getting the everloving hell beat out of them? Poop shelfs JFC

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

windex posted:

with toilet paper. some more fancy japanese butt washers have built in dryers, but most dont.

So with bidets you have to use toilet paper anyway?? What a rip off. This is almost as bad as when I learned that most people who get Lasik surgery end up having to wear glasses after all.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

The Dregs posted:

Why are Germans so loving weird? Were they this weird before they spent a century getting the everloving hell beat out of them? Poop shelfs JFC

The poop lands onto a bone dry shelf and then you need to flush it a bunch of times for it to slide off. I think its a good idea if you need check your poop regularly for dietary reasons.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Applewhite posted:

So with bidets you have to use toilet paper anyway?? What a rip off. This is almost as bad as when I learned that most people who get Lasik surgery end up having to wear glasses after all.

drying your rear end and wiping your rear end are totally different things buddy.

every time i go back to the US i am reminded of how uncivilized us barbarians are.

vvv the high setting on most washlets in japan is basically sandblasting mode vvv

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Applewhite posted:

I'd need like 2400psi to clean my rear end properly with only water

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

windex posted:

drying your rear end and wiping your rear end are totally different things buddy.

every time i go back to the US i am reminded of how uncivilized us barbarians are.

thats a good point actually, we wash and dry our hands so why do we skip the washing process with our arses we must have some dirty arses

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

danish toilets are the best

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I wanna play a game of Heroes of the Storm on those GamerToils It's like the perfect time 20-30min for a game the ideal making GBS threads duration.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shirley Crabtree posted:

thats a good point actually, we wash and dry our hands so why do we skip the washing process with our arses we must have some dirty arses

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shirley Crabtree posted:

The poop lands onto a bone dry shelf and then you need to flush it a bunch of times for it to slide off. I think its a good idea if you need check your poop regularly for dietary reasons.

Do any German fixture makers manufacture those gross ones anymore? All of the ones I've seen are older while the newer ones are the normal hole-in-the-middle design that you see everywhere else.

Also the siphonic toilets in the US are garbage. The wash-down toilets in the rest of the world are basically impossible to clog unless you literally poo poo an actual brick into it.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 29, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The_Franz posted:

Also the siphonic toilers in the US are garbage. The wash-down toilets in the rest of the world are basically impossible to clog unless you literally poo poo an actual brick into it.

I don't understand your toilet physics terminology, so I withhold opinion

dablakh0l
Sep 3, 2002

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Contrary to widespread misconceptions, Crapper did not invent the flush toilet. He did, however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

The Dregs posted:

That style of toilet is all over France and The Netherlands and Belgium too.

No mention of the Ozzie toilet? They invented the half-flush because they very little water there. It makes a lot of sense.

• Locked thread