Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
A lot of celebrities have been seen wearing bindis, and it is a blatant sign of cultural appropriation. The bindi is a sacred symbol for women of Southeast Asian heritage, and it is insensitive for people to wear this just because they think it looks stylish.

Lets spread awareness of this issue by using the hashtag #reclaimthebindi. Thanks, All

Here is an article to support my platform:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/its-time-for-music-festivals-to-ban-bindis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I would sex either of those women

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tjat's some Gwen Stefani thing right

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Blizzy_Cow posted:

I would sex either of those women

Yah me too, AFTER they renounce their bindi habits

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do u think they would be more the kind of person to watch Cowboy Bebop or Futurama

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Dont give two shits about cultural appropriation as long as they touch my d

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What if those bindis are mutations caused by proximity to unsafe nuclear power plants though :ohdear:

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I'm sure after reading this post they are throwing their shameful bindis straight to the ground and stomping on them. Close one, they are thinking: I almost lost a chance at sex with SA poster Cool NIN Shirt!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I thought bindis was a type of cigarettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
on one hand cultural appropriation is a bullshit term used by weepy idiots but on the other hand rich white people wearing bindis look really loving stupid

could really go either way on this

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
i don't give a poo poo motherfucker

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

on one hand cultural appropriation is a bullshit term used by weepy idiots but on the other hand rich white people wearing bindis look really loving stupid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

see also: white people dreads

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
why would I care about steve Irwin's daughter, sick

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

tbf dreads look gross no matter what race you are.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
S-Go (we're calling her that now right?) is hot af

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Applewhite posted:

tbf dreads look gross no matter what race you are.

counterpoint: Lenny Kravitz

:swoon:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Vin BioEthanol posted:

S-Go (we're calling her that now right?) is hot af

According to some, she is too young for you to find attractive. You are a pervert in the minds of some.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

counterpoint: Lenny Kravitz

:swoon:

sorry his hair is a total dealbreaker.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and assume all those drunk white girls at music festivals wearing bindis are devoted hindus

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
bindi like Beckham

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

loquacius posted:

my bud got really mad because some kid asked her if she had any pot and she figured it was because she's black and has dreads and she said white stoners with dreads have created a terrible stereotype about dreads and weed and i asked her if maybe it was bob marleys fault too since he had dreads and really liked pot but she said I'm an idiot and she's pretty smart so white people really need to cut that poo poo out

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I need more pictures of hot women with bindis on to decide if this is really worth getting worked up over.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Oh who would've guessed some 16-24 Indian girl would write a long article about how hard it is to be her and how colonialism really affects her everyday life as she lives in her huge house with her Brahman descended family in the United States with the same quality of life and culture of the people "appropriating her culture". She's really different she eats samosas sometimes!!! Really the reason she is unable to do anything productive with her life is because the world is too cruel and triggering, not because she's too spoiled and entitled.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Every Indian girl I've met living in America has been smoking hot and from a filthy rich family

Kinda hard for me to care with that in mind

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Yes! Exactly. Prime example of what I am talking about.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

in summary, this thing that rich white girls (and Selena Gomez) do sometimes is kinda dumb but not really a particularly harmful influence on society or otherwise Big Deal and it's kinda weird to hashtag about while acting really self-important

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

in summary, this thing that rich white girls (and Selena Gomez) do sometimes is kinda dumb but not really a particularly harmful influence on society or otherwise Big Deal and it's kinda weird to hashtag about while acting really self-important

"First they came for the Indians, and I did nothing for I was not Indian...."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

"First they came for the Indians, and I did nothing for I was not Indian...."

ohhhh poo poo they're gonna wear jewelry from my culture :supaburn:

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
what about all the things indian people appropriated from whites? like making GBS threads in toilets instead of in the streets, and not burning widows to death?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
eternally baller quote

quote:

Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

so dots not feathers got it

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Second row third panel

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

bindis in general are p much a fashion item in south Asia these days, teen girls can buy little sheets of bindi stickers that can be thrown out after they get gross

saying that putting a stick-on bindi on your head is cultural appropriation because old Hindu women put vermillion on their heads is like saying that wearing a necklace is cultural appropriation because old Catholic women wear rosaries

that said, festie people are the worst and i support shaming them whenever possible

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cSUGKBYvz8

put superglue on my bindi :)

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Second row third panel

wut dis

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Combatting ethnocentrism by insisting people keep their fashion / food / entertainment interests homogenous to their ethnic or national compartments. Yeah that sure helps the melting pot concept.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is it appropriation for an untouchable to wear a bindi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

5er posted:

Combatting ethnocentrism by insisting people keep their fashion / food / entertainment interests homogenous to their ethnic or national compartments. Yeah that sure helps the melting pot concept.

That concept is fallacious, much like your posting

• Locked thread