Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
No more [Young] tag, but I bought and placed my Small Tower last night at least. It's less than 30 sec from Brit, and near the Brit mine, woo. How do I see about getting a guild invite?

Edit: DUH I SHOULD READ THE FIRST POST

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Thursday Next posted:

No more [Young] tag, but I bought and placed my Small Tower last night at least. It's less than 30 sec from Brit, and near the Brit mine, woo. How do I see about getting a guild invite?

Edit: DUH I SHOULD READ THE FIRST POST

The best way is to add me to skype: GluttonySDS

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

I've got my two characters in guild now, which is awesome. I'm only up to GM on a few skills, but I'm getting there.

I haven't played UO in a long, long time. It seems some things have stayed the same (PKing, pre-casting, macroing, etc), while other things have changed vastly from the last time I fired up this game.

So a few questions:

* How does a new player make money? When I had my [young] tag, I took hella advantage of that poo poo to farm in dungeons. I worked up about 200k gold, but spent most of that on my tower. Without the [young] protection, I got PKed three times in the first five minutes I was in a dungeon.
* What mount options are available for a new player? I know I can buy a horse from Brit stables, but they die. Since I'm having gold troubles, I can't afford to spend another 550g per death. Any blessed mounts I can use as a newbie?
* How can I get ingots faster than the old-fashioned way? Mining is soothing, I do it while I'm cooking dinner. I see that boat-mining macros are illegal on the server, which is fine. But is there any faster way to get ingots than the use shovel ---> select spot --> drag ore to forge?
* How much effort should I put into Bulk Order Deeds? These BODs require huge ingot counts. My first one wanted me to make 10 ringmail leggings... out of agapite. I have like 50 agapite ingots total. My second BOD wanted me to make 100 exceptional iron weapons. That's a lot of goddamn ingots.

Basically... I'm up to the point now where I was in UO all those years ago. Got a little house, got three characters (crafter | fighter | mage), but I don't know how to break into the mid-game with all you crazy kids and your relics and your ghost mounts. What should I be angling for? PvP character? BODs? Treasure hunting? Relics? Champion things? Platinum coins? etc

If anyone has a pointer to a mid-game guide that would be great. I know the game basics, but I don't know where to go from here.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
all of these words are so awesome.

I may jump on and stuff at some point, is this old school hally mage stuff or a bunch of different wacky poo poo?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Thursday Next posted:

I've got my two characters in guild now, which is awesome. I'm only up to GM on a few skills, but I'm getting there.

I haven't played UO in a long, long time. It seems some things have stayed the same (PKing, pre-casting, macroing, etc), while other things have changed vastly from the last time I fired up this game.

So a few questions:

* How does a new player make money? When I had my [young] tag, I took hella advantage of that poo poo to farm in dungeons. I worked up about 200k gold, but spent most of that on my tower. Without the [young] protection, I got PKed three times in the first five minutes I was in a dungeon.
* What mount options are available for a new player? I know I can buy a horse from Brit stables, but they die. Since I'm having gold troubles, I can't afford to spend another 550g per death. Any blessed mounts I can use as a newbie?
* How can I get ingots faster than the old-fashioned way? Mining is soothing, I do it while I'm cooking dinner. I see that boat-mining macros are illegal on the server, which is fine. But is there any faster way to get ingots than the use shovel ---> select spot --> drag ore to forge?
* How much effort should I put into Bulk Order Deeds? These BODs require huge ingot counts. My first one wanted me to make 10 ringmail leggings... out of agapite. I have like 50 agapite ingots total. My second BOD wanted me to make 100 exceptional iron weapons. That's a lot of goddamn ingots.

Basically... I'm up to the point now where I was in UO all those years ago. Got a little house, got three characters (crafter | fighter | mage), but I don't know how to break into the mid-game with all you crazy kids and your relics and your ghost mounts. What should I be angling for? PvP character? BODs? Treasure hunting? Relics? Champion things? Platinum coins? etc

If anyone has a pointer to a mid-game guide that would be great. I know the game basics, but I don't know where to go from here.

Sedina, right?

To make gold... your best bet is to farm mobs with a dexxer... liches work really well. The less popular your farm spot, the less chance of PKs. Additionally, if youre in mumble and ask for help if youre being PKd, you have a higher chance of getting a response force out there(especially if youre a girl).

I have no idea about mining efficiency but i do know that afk mining(or any resource gathering) is illegal and they check/punish it.

As for BODs, unless you have several GM smiths pulling bods everyday, theyre not worth doing.

Do you have any interest in PVP? I would suggest farmign up enough gold to create a few mages and learning how to group pvp with us... its the most fun UO has to offer ;)

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

Sedina, right?

To make gold... your best bet is to farm mobs with a dexxer... liches work really well. The less popular your farm spot, the less chance of PKs. Additionally, if youre in mumble and ask for help if youre being PKd, you have a higher chance of getting a response force out there(especially if youre a girl).

I have no idea about mining efficiency but i do know that afk mining(or any resource gathering) is illegal and they check/punish it.

As for BODs, unless you have several GM smiths pulling bods everyday, theyre not worth doing.

Do you have any interest in PVP? I would suggest farmign up enough gold to create a few mages and learning how to group pvp with us... its the most fun UO has to offer ;)

Yep, that's me.

I would try PvP for sure, but I feel like I'm super far away from the point where I can be useful. I'm literally wandering around in iron armor (GM-made, but still). I do have a mage character, but her magery is only 81 or so. If that's enough to contribute, then, hell yeah! I'm in.

With the permanent horse statue I got last night, I'd love to tag along.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSAAAAAAAAAAAAA

p.s.

im making $16/hr

Mechanical engineering don't pay what it used to.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Does high lumberjack skill give bonuses to axe damage on this shard??? This is very important to my ~UO experience~

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Oberst posted:

Does high lumberjack skill give bonuses to axe damage on this shard??? This is very important to my ~UO experience~

Yes -- LJ gives damage bonus to axers here.

Jazzcactus
May 17, 2004

Rising up from the heat of the desert!
I see in that gameplay video they have a huge screen of view compared to the options I have in game. How do I get a bigger view space than 1024?

nevermind Razor > More Options

Jazzcactus fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 11, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh god. see sawing stats again.

did i go back in time? WHY IS THIS FUN?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Guys -- if youre playing UOF, please let us help you get started....

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
I've PM'd a mod about moving this thread, but so far we are still in the mass.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hey guys

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

jabro posted:

Hey guys

hail adventurer

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Multiple PM's to mods, but here we stay :(

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Multiple PM's to mods, but here we stay :(

How bannable is it to start a new thread in MMO while leaving this dead one open here on page 4020091?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FormerFatty posted:

How bannable is it to start a new thread in MMO while leaving this dead one open here on page 4020091?

Eh good question, i dont know how to attract mod attention short of PMs or misbehaving a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Well permabanning isn't a thing anymore so what's the worst that can happen?

I would PM VideoGames, he's helped a bunch in other threads I've read.

• Locked thread