Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The summer break is the best part of the season, there is plenty of the good stuff and no bad boring races to waste half of your Sunday

poty fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

benson is pretty good but he doesnt want to have to deal with the anti hamilton trolls so he holds back. these are my ratings

button 10

hamilton 11

will stevens 9

other drivers??? 5

vettel 0

rosberg -9001

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

Uh so apparently the Qataris want a GP. It's supposed to be a street circuit but they may use Losail instead for the time being. I don't watch MotoGP, would it be suitable for F1 cars?

Any road is suitable for F1 cars as long as you give Bernie enough money

poty
Jun 21, 2008

mindgames

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Let's make a third thread, this one was written by xaus

poty fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 20, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Quite a tire failure! Took a good chunk outta the rear of the sidepod, and probably floor.

http://gfycat.com/SlightSadAlleycat

Looks like Nico "The Cheat" Cheatberg has been messing with the cambers again or putting the right tyre on the left or god knows what now

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The only good potential outcome for the Ferrari seat was for Ricky D to get it so he could wipe the floor with The Fraud again but that was never gonna happen

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Ricciardo is almost British and really good though not as good as the proper Brits

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

Well that was a terrible race. Ban Belgium.

It's no Bahrain that's for sure

poty
Jun 21, 2008

RALF posted:

I hope you're not being sarcastic, otherwise I have to send some PM abuse your way

I've gotten so many hate messages from the Rosberg fans in this thread that I've lost count. Really nasty stuff too. I don't talk about it because that's what they would want but their weak rear end mind games won't keep me from winning the WPC

poty
Jun 21, 2008

HJB posted:

Saying what we're all thinking, this pro-German, anti-British conspiracy needs to end now.

Thanks for taking a screenshot, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC removed the comment in their quest of endless lies to ensure people don't vote for Brexit (more like Brindependence) and hinder our Dave. Look at those 15 trolls on Brussel's payroll downvoting the obvious, I wonder how they sleep at night

poty fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 25, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

enri posted:

I'm setting up shouldibotherwatchingthef1.com - it'll be a simple yes / no and people will be able to vote on twitter or some other retarded social media bullshittery like that, that way.. I can have a look at the site post-race, find out whether it'll be worth my time or if I should just go view the results and go about my business.

You should do all of this and then display No regardless of what people voted

poty fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 25, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Renault is only buying the team because they're desperate to get Pastor driving for them again. Ever noticed how they signed with Williams after falling in love with Pastor's first year? And how they dropped them as soon as Pastor said he'd leave for Lotus? But I guess that a bunch of Rosberg fans in an internet forum know more about driving skill than Renault

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Norns posted:

A guy with legit brain damage.

Please don't make empty posts just to show off your signature

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Can we finally stop pretending Bottas is anything but a poo poo driver now? He's the Nico Rosberg of Williams.

Tough but fair

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The 2016 "Formula 1" "European" Grand Prix

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Sorry We Lost
FERNANDO ALONSO

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I might be biased because he's such a great driver, but that's the best song I've ever heard since The Beatles

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Riso posted:

Not confirmed but they do have been seen helping Lotus assuage creditors at court.

What does it mean to "sausage creditors at court"?????

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Whoa. Is this place not quite the pommy echo chamber it used it be? The regulars will be back soon, surely this can't be a decent place to talk F1

You have it way wrong. This thread is a cesspool of hate speech against Britain, the Queen and our legendary F1 champions. I'm sorry most posters in this thread are still sore about a certain historical event, but no amount of cheating from Vettle and Rosberg will change our place as leaders of the free world and most skilled in F1 history, guys.

As for qualifying, another pathetic game from Mercedes to sabotage Lewis. They know how important it is for him to equal Senna as the best F1 driver of all time so they made sure to gently caress his car up so badly not even his talent could save it. I bet they're really happy with themselves in Stuttgart right now. But Lewis will rise

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Look at how sweaty they are I wish I could jump on a plane there and escape the lovely pretty-much-winter weather where I live

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It's cool that Singapore found a way to power their trams through EMPs but they should probably turn it off while the race is on

poty
Jun 21, 2008

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/09/20/ferrari-to-apologise-for-inappropriate-behaviour-after-race/ posted:

Formula One photographer Darren Heath accused the Ferrari team members of “appalling thug-like behaviour” in a series of Twitter posts. “The Ferrari mechanics pushed aside officials holding a barrier and then smashed into photographers at PF [parc ferme]”, he added.

Wow, check out the Ferrari rank and file out of control the moment they get a whiff of power. Is this the kind of thing the movement of Vettel supporters in this thread is cheering for? We are looking down into the abyss of a new dark age and only our Lewis can save us

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Can you guys check his IP to see his real nationality? I have this weird hunch

poty fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 26, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Halo14 posted:

So um, what do you guys like about F1? (srs)

I started watching when it was more of a drivers' sport and Lewis and Jenson dominated. I have suffered as it got ruined, slowly but surely, by Rosberg, Vettel and Nicky Louder but by now I've wasted too much time on it to find a new hobby

poty
Jun 21, 2008

CratSock posted:

I wonder why Honda didn't do some of their own testing in a different chassis. It seems so logical a step that I have no idea why they wouldn't. Even if it was kind of considered "bad form" but not technically cheating, that's basically F1 strategy in a nutshell. Is Japanese Honda just to honorable for this sport of cheats and frauds?? :japan:

Honest Ron is too good for this new, more international, F1

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Congratulations Carmen Jorda

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Please don't post the bed curtains in my room

PS: the models who come over every night really love the hammer time bit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Farmland Park posted:

Serious question: Why is Mansell universaly disliked and mocked? Mansell was before my time of following F1 so I really don't know. Some of the Youtube vids I've seen of him show some pretty sweet racing.

Because he's British and the posters here are jealous

poty
Jun 21, 2008

People who buy Veyrons have more exciting things to do that figure out who Bugatti's parent company is or watch the news

Red Bull is hosed though

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Farmland Park posted:

Who the hell is the guy with the glasses?

Hipster Massa

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/badgergp/photos/a.187769751280302.50339.179652892091988/995543337169602/?type=3&theater

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Lol if you don't have your own #megajet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I need to get away from all the "continental" libel and slander in this thread. Fortunately I found just the place http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/lewis/buttoflewis/index.html

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I just realized I have way too much in common with Hamilton and have to go kill myself.

Are you also the best driver of your generation, and possibly ever?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Goetta posted:

https://twitter.com/NWSSanAntonio/status/656933955501883392

That is a loving lot of rain. If that pans out I don't know what F1 does. Qualify Monday, race on Tuesday? How does this poo poo work exactly?

5-7 inches should be no issue for most drivers on the grid

poty
Jun 21, 2008

El Hefe posted:

hahah yes what an unexpected turn of events it would be Hamilton winning the WDC this season, huge shock to everyone.

Agreed, it's not very shocking for the best driver ever to win the championship

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Donald Trump will cancel the Mexico GP and make them pay the Austin race fee

poty
Jun 21, 2008

keevo posted:

Why are you guys talking about Paul "the Fraud" di Resta?? What did I miss?

Di Resta on TV for two hours with nothing on screen to comment on. Talk about a nightmare scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It has been confirmed that Our Jolyon will join best foreign driver Pastor Maldonado at Lotus next year to make up the benchmark for driver pairings in f1

• Locked thread