Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
This thread is already worse than the last one. Good job guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

Arai says Honda's reliability woes "behind them".

Hell I believe him. They're going to be beating Mercedes for the rest of the season.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

You can drop the sarcasm now. Both cars finished in the points on a very slow circuit, and neither managed to break down.

Alonso beat both Mercedes, that's a helluva accomplishment and quite frankly I find it insulting that you think I was being sarcastic.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Everyones favourite WDC will drive in Formula E next season:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120254

Can't wait for Are Villeneuve to win the Formula E Drivers championship

:canada:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
This thread is the loving worst, I was emailing some british ex pat a link to old F1 races and titled it Are Nige instead of Our Nige.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

RALF posted:

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Dodge Magnum. Brought to you by the wonderful Fiat Chrysler company.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm excited now that the title is a three way fight between Alonso, Vettel and Fraudberg.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Who were the top time all time fraud F1 drivers?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Uncle Jam posted:

Rindt couldn't even win the championship while not dead, scrub.

Rindt is the first in the long lineage of excellent Austrian Formula One WDCs that ended with Lauda.

Sadly it's got so bad that one of the Habsburg kids is actually punting around in a junior formula. Franz Josef must be spinning in his grave right now.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Well yes, but he is not driving for the best team of all time, McLaren, so why should I say so straight out?

There are only three good drivers who have not driven for McLaren.

Nelson Piquet, Jacques Villeneuve and Pastor Maldonado.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

It would be. It is maybe my least favorite circuit ever. It's basically Bahrain, but somehow with less character.

Probably going to replace Spa then.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Are Nico's glasses shattered or is it just a Teutonic trick of the light?

The only thing of Nico's that is shattered is his championship challenge.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Take that back right now

I wanted to believe in Rosberg's mind games so badly but that dream died in the past two races. Atleast now we are at the heart of the rise of the all conquering Mclaren Honda

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Alonso dominated both the mercedes last race, that's nothing to laugh about. Button doesn't count because he's a poo poo fraud so comparing him isn't valid.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

In another chapter of me watching old races that everyone here has already seen, I just watched San Marino 82 and drat no wonder poor Gilles was so angry

He was beaten fair and square but that was still extremely poo poo by Pironi

Ferrari in general were very poo poo that season. There really was nothing they could blame for them losing the WDC that season but themselves.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
It really depends on what version of events you believe with Gilles crash really, some say he was on a fast lap others say he was returning to the pit. The whole Pironi thing was just stupidity from Ferrari, why they needed to test some new spec rain tires in near blind conditions with a car that was already on pole is beyond me. Even if it was worth 2.5 seconds a lap all that meant was that the Brabham cars might have passed Pironi before blowing up.

El Hefe posted:

they didn't have radios back then? I see they only showed a single SLOW sign to Pironi after Gilles re-passed him

they could've done more

Radios only came in by the mid 80s, they couldn't get a good signal all around the track before that I believe. It really is a tragedy that Are Gilles was stitched up like that though :canada:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think Niki Lauda was at the last motogp and said it was the best racing out there

If Lauda said Motogp is the best racing out there then by god I'm going to start watching.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

HJB posted:

UK mag The American were doing a monthly feature on Haas F1 earlier this year. It lasted two months.

That's about as long as the team will last.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Didn't Williams have crazy short gearing in 2014? Like to the point where they were hitting 8th gear half way down the straight in monza?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Ferrari could've signed some fetus like Verstappen for a fraction of the cost of Raikonnen and still have as many points at the end of the season.

But then you'd have to have Jos Verstappen in the garage and that's completely not worth it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Mclaren are going to use two engines for both Alonso and Button for the Belgian Grand Prix. Clearly the genius savant Ron Dennis has something up his sleeve and is getting the penalties out of the way so Alonso can fight for the title.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

You're a poo poo poster for not posting the patrese video.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
How can Bernie make Spa look so poo poo? It looked fantastic during the WEC race.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Paddy "Reliable" Lowe has never seen a tire fail like that before.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Yes. Which is why he's such a joke. What does that man actually do in that team?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

McLaren are obviously sandbagging

Alonso will be fighting for pole this weekend I reckon.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ye of little faith.

I finally start agreeing with Human Grand Prix. Where is Riso? He should be witnessing the glorious rise of Mclaren.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Now we finally see Honda turn on the taps.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Such raw pace from the McLaren. Over a second faster than the Manors.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Bottass confirmed for poo poo.
Rosberg confirmed for fraud.
Vettel confirmed for poo poo.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Keyser S0ze posted:

I expect Big Pastor to take the lead and Fernando to be in second by the end of the first lap

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
What the gently caress Perez.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

njsykora posted:

Grosjean is flying right now.

You're thinking of 2012.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

He's sneaking a peek at Claire Williams.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I can't wait for the great combination of Grossjean and Pastor in a yellow and black Renault. Next year will be amazing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Quite frankly I find it abhorrent that the mods continue to let this garbage besmirching good drivers and teams like Maldonado and McLaren to be posted in this thread.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Uncle Jam posted:

That dress is a case study in how to make the least flattering design possible.

I assume it was made by Caterham before they folded in that case.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
It would be a fair and just world if the Lotus team ended up being renamed Delorean Motor Company Racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think it's because the F1 press is very careful with what they write/say, even when it's in the publics interest.
Very very few of them (with paddock press passes) dare criticize FOM/Bernie in any meaningful manner and I suspect they've been asked to keep this quiet.

Pretty much this. I'm slightly cynical but I'm pretty sure Bernie has his hands firmly on the balls of the general English speaking F1 press. Joes Award is the only one who speaks out against him but since 70% of the time he's just spewing poo poo anyways he just ends up looking like an idiot when he does hit on a good point.

• Locked thread