Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
why are some things "black"
racism
biotruths
wet nose, disregarding boogers
white guilt
View Results

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
sometimes people make a joke out of foods and drinks, like "chicken is black" or "kool aid (red) is black" or "kool aid (purple) is black" and this doesn't make sense to me.

i went to the deli just now and bought a chocolate nutrament and a pack of black & milds. i was just walking by the train station drinking my chocolate nutrament and smoking my black & mild and a young guy yelled "yo, stop trying to be black" at me. this was unnerving. the only time i've ever tried to be black was when i converted to islam and even then i didn't go the bowtie route so i don't even think that counts. i just wanted to drink something with 35% of the daily value of 24 vitamins and minerals and 16g of protein to help build muscles while i smoked something richer and more satisfying than some dumb cigarette.

what makes these items "black" and why is it bad to "try to be black" by eating/smoking them?

i know people like to have a laugh and make a joke out of things here but i'd like serious answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Melanin?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
here's the two things that you should think abotu when you kill yourself:

a)nutrament
b) knowingly purchased a black & mild

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Keg posted:

HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHA *Sharp Intake of breath* HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH. HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHH
HAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHA, HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAH, HAHHAHAAHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAHA...

AAAAAAAHHHH, HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAHA!

:dong:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Because they don't emit or reflect visible light, OP.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Gatekeeper posted:

i just wanted to drink something with 35% of the daily value of 24 vitamins and minerals and 16g of protein to help build muscles while i smoked something richer and more satisfying t

have you tried smoking penis for cum

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i think black is kind of thinning, or at least i sure hope it is because my whole wardrobe is nothing but black (including my bowler hat collection and trench coats)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Keg posted:

read the op wiseguy, theres no hate here only an earnest thirst for knowledge

David Copperfield posted:

have you tried smoking penis for cum

a. you don't actually "smoke" a penis thats just a slang expression and b. i know cum has protein but what about 35% of the daily value of 24 vitamins and minerals?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
look buddy the only thing that's going to black is your lung from lovely cigs

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
because blacks

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
if the op was in front of me i would rape him for making this lovely thread

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

circ dick soleil posted:

Because they don't emit or reflect visible light, OP.

goddamnjt came to post this

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
but came anyway

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Op, did you get the wood tip of plastic tip black and milds?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Gaunab posted:

if the op was in front of me i would rape him for making this lovely thread

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

gently caress the ROW posted:

here's the two things that you should think abotu when you kill yourself:

a)nutrament
b) knowingly purchased a black & mild

so like, stuff to look back on fondly before the end? i can get behind that, it seems like a cool thing to do from a philosophical standpoint. its not an answer to my question but i appreciate it nonetheless, thank you for what you have contributed,

can more of you be like my bud gently caress the ROW and be more helpful and positive?

look buddy the only thing that's going to black is your lung from lovely cigs

i know :( black & milds are very unhealthy. i grew up in a household where smoking was commonplace and everyone scoffed at the health warnings, i started smoking at a young age and i've never been able to quit for more than six months (i was doing heroin at the time so really i just replaced one addiction for another cooler but equally bad addiction i suppose)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Op, did you get the wood tip of plastic tip black and milds?

uhhh wood tip, theres no need to be rude with mean questions like that

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gatekeeper posted:

uhhh wood tip, theres no need to be rude with mean questions like that

Just checking, buddy. Namaste :)

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Black people, in addition to being categorized by the anthropologically specious term "race," constitute a sub-culture in our society. Although it would be more accurate to study individual communities instead of considering them a singular mono-culture, it is still possible to attribute certain aspects of behavior to a "black" cultural identity and the relation of "black" culture with society at large. Fried chicken and cool aid are considered "black" because they are associated with this "black" cultural identity. Similar associations exist such as English people with tea and Chinese people with rice. I love dudes.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a real jerk posted:

this post really hosed with me

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i guess maybe from the collective perceptions of ppl over time who observe that certain things seem to be especially preferred by african-americans (or any other race or ethnicity), however proclaiming that things are "black" or "white" outloud and being truly sincere about it means u are an complete imbecile though and that u are at ease with shamelessly sharing this with the general public. hth

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

voted goku

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

so like, stuff to look back on fondly before the end? i can get behind that, it seems like a cool thing to do from a philosophical standpoint. its not an answer to my question but i appreciate it nonetheless, thank you for what you have contributed,

can more of you be like my bud gently caress the ROW and be more helpful and positive?

i know :( black & milds are very unhealthy. i grew up in a household where smoking was commonplace and everyone scoffed at the health warnings, i started smoking at a young age and i've never been able to quit for more than six months (i was doing heroin at the time so really i just replaced one addiction for another cooler but equally bad addiction i suppose)

Black * milds are terrible... maybe you needed to hear that from a friend...

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
plz don't consider black & milds smoking

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Gatekeeper posted:

this is probalby the most goony poo poo ever typed but have you tried vaping or e-cigs

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

gently caress the ROW posted:

Black * milds are terrible... maybe you needed to hear that from a friend...

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks maybe? i enjoy their flavor sometimes especially if i'm drinking dairy

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
i feel so loving dirty rn

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

this is probalby the most goony poo poo ever typed but have you tried vaping or e-cigs

to reply with something equally goony - yes but its like getting 3/4 of a blowjob, its close but not close enough to matter at all

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Because black folk originated/popjularized those practices

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Gatekeeper posted:

read the op wiseguy, theres no hate here only an earnest thirst for knowledge

a. you don't actually "smoke" a penis thats just a slang expression and b. i know cum has protein but what about 35% of the daily value of 24 vitamins and minerals?

There's certainly an unslakeable thirst for something.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

filled in every box and moved on

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

filled in every box and moved on

understandable

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My thing is white (I.e. small) OP.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
a few years back there was an aussie tv commercial where a white dude gave some black ppl a bucket of tasty fried chicken and white american liberals found out about it and raged so hard you'd think a dentist had killed a lion or something. the aussies black and white alike were very confused by the american reaction.

so op it doesn't matter why things are black just that you have to be careful about black things or white americans will get pissed. hth.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

everything under the sun
is made for everyone

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Apparently black people drink nutrament

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
You know why.

You know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
black people who smoke actually do all smoke newports/menthols :shrug:

p sure thats the only true one of those things i've seen

nutrament is a white trash thing in the uk afaik, or at least it was back in the 90s when anyone still knew what it was

• Locked thread