Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
is better than the pacing in the Sprongebob Sponge Out Of Water movie. we watched that at my work earlier and the kids loved it but the pacing and plotting and character development was atrocious in comparison to the previous one. now we're about to start Frozen and I hope it's better because I don't want a repeat of spongebobgate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:firstpost:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Coolie Ghost posted:

is better than the pacing in the Sprongebob Sponge Out Of Water movie. we watched that at my work earlier and the kids loved it but the pacing and plotting and character development was atrocious in comparison to the previous one. now we're about to start Frozen and I hope it's better because I don't want a repeat of spongebobgate

You're gay

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Elsa is hawt.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Frozen is the greatest.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
the pacing is very good. the characters are strongly developed, risks are established and the audience is easily capable of forming a bond with the characters that makes these risks feel very real. there is humor and love, danger and sadness, fear and hope. it's basically the perfect movie. it's a lot like blue velvet (also the perfect movie) but for children

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I think you and the kids would love Gerry.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Congrats to op, Coolie Ghost, for being chosen as the head writer for the relaunch of SA's front page article "Current Releases".

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

Please don't mock the retards we deserve good cinema

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The script for Frozen was pretty loose. Almost as bad as Brave. I'm surprised it was such a big hit. Disney has done way better.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Frozen was the first Disney movie where the idiot sidekick (Olaf, in this case) was actually the high point of the film.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Frozen was the first Disney movie where the idiot sidekick (Olaf, in this case) was actually the high point of the film.

My girlfriend loves that little snowman, and gives me looks when I point out his loving warm hugs shows signs of suicidal ideation

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Oh, that sexy little minx? Looks like I'm in for a fun time ;)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Where do you work that you just watch kids movies with children, a pedophile factory?

EDIT: Are your company cars just vans full of Furbys?

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

criscodisco posted:

Where do you work that you just watch kids movies with children, a pedophile factory?

EDIT: Are your company cars just vans full of Furbys?

I'm a TSS for kids with ASD/emotional problems

The experience of which is not very different than posting here

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Coolie Ghost posted:

I'm a TSS for kids with ASD/emotional problems

The experience of which is not very different than posting here

Can't imagine it would be.

I do background checks for company's looking to hire people, we get paid to do deeper looks and find social media stuff for the employer. There was a while where I was shocked I never ended up finding out a candidate was a goon during my first year, but then I remembered goons don't really have jobs

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Booblord Zagats posted:

I do background checks for company's looking to hire people, we get paid to do deeper looks and find social media stuff for the employer. There was a while where I was shocked I never ended up finding out a candidate was a goon during my first year, but then I remembered goons don't really have jobs

or like crotchspawn enough to bear working with them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I watched this movie because my girlfriend's friend is one of those annoying omg Disney fanatic 24-year-old girls that our generation seems to have created. It was good for a kids' movie but the pacing is insanely bad and I feel like nobody else noticed. The entire script shits itself halfway through and the last 45 minutes of the movie is just the entire cast comically falling over while running around in circles on an icy lake shouting each others' names. Then they all bump into each other and go "oof" and the bad guy moves out of shot and is never seen again (I think) and the credits roll.

also the male love interest ~canonically~ fucks his reindeer, which is Good.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

well, reindeers ARE better than people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

someone post constable-frozen plz

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I watched this movie because my girlfriend's friend is one of those annoying omg Disney fanatic 24-year-old girls that our generation seems to have created.

Next time just ask her what her opinions are about the politics of Disney Princesses and by the time she finishes talking it'll be too late to watch a movie at all #lifehack

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

Next time just ask her what her opinions are about the politics of Disney Princesses and by the time she finishes talking it'll be too late to watch a movie at all #lifehack
I don't really see why that's the better option to be honest

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the pacing is ... glacial!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't really see why that's the better option to be honest

It's more of a moral-victory type strategy I admit

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Booblord Zagats posted:

theres only like 35 goons left alive and the global population is like 10 billion so your odds were.......................unlike goons......................pretty SLIM!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

a starwar betamax posted:

theres only like 35 goons left alive and the global population is like 10 billion so your odds were.......................unlike goons......................pretty SLIM!

Good one!

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I didn't like Frozen. I don't think it's because I'm 23 and ostensibly an adult woman, because I loved Tangled. Try to convince them to watch Tangled instead.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

burritolingus posted:

Frozen is the greatest.

this but unironically

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

The script for Frozen was pretty loose. Almost as bad as Brave. I'm surprised it was such a big hit. Disney has done way better.

The reason Frozen was a big hit is because it delivered what audiences the world actually crave, a blonde haired, blue eyed princess. The movie itself is really, really bad though.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

wait, how would you be able to find out if someone was a goon

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

lowtax has been selling us out. i fuckin knew it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
One shot in Frozen bugs me to no end. It's the one where Hans is in the water after he meets Anna and she's SO QUIRKY and he has that stupid "what a gal!" look on his face.

Here's the problem: NO ONE IS LOOKING AT HIM. The movie reveals that he was a BIG PHONEY the whole time, pretending to like Anna and so forth to the point where he's fine with murdering her.

WHY does he have the "I'm in love" look at the end of that scene??? There isn't a hint of irony or ambiguity on his face. It's a classic Disney I Just Fell in Love face.

It makes absolutely no loving sense, unless you realize that the script didn't call for him to be a surprise bad guy until a few months before they released the film. Because they had no idea how to finish the story. Because it was in development for something like twelve years and it was enough already, please fix our movie Mr. Lasseter we aren't Pixar.

The movie is one big identity crisis.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

poopzilla posted:

wait, how would you be able to find out if someone was a goon

Most people aren't smart enough to use different user names for different sites

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Most people aren't smart enough to use different user names for different sites

oh, well gently caress em then

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

BigBoss posted:

The reason Frozen was a big hit is because it delivered what audiences the world actually crave, a blonde haired, blue eyed princess. The movie itself is really, really bad though.

She was a queen though. Anna was the princess. It also didn't have an antagonist until like 60 minutes into the film. It was a weird movie.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Hobohemian posted:

She was a queen though. Anna was the princess. It also didn't have an antagonist until like 60 minutes into the film. It was a weird movie.

Elsa was supposed to be the bad guy. It was going to be subversive and cool but Disney couldn't make it work so they pussed out on the concept.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

i read a thing that said this is a big part of the reason its so popular. evil witches and stuff scare the poo poo out of little kids (2-6ish) they dont like it

frozen doesnt have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
if op watched frozen and sponglebob at work, then presumably op works with children. i do not feel comfortable with op working with children

• Locked thread