Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Is a way more heart breaking episode and ultimately better episode than the loving dog episode . Who gives a poo poo about a dog? Fry never knew his own nephew and we learned his brother wasn't a luck stealing prick but he missed his brother so much that he named his own son after his lost brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the episode where bender cuts off his antenna is funny because it's implied it's like his penis

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It was a pretty dang good show

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
matt and david were super liberal.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Nooner posted:

It was a pretty dang good show

Definitely. The older episodes are still really loving funny.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

rmember when fry got struck by a giant bee and the whole episode was leelah being ubable to live without him so she got addicted to honey and tried to kill herself? what a riot

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Amorphous Blob posted:

rmember when fry got struck by a black bull's dick and the whole episode was leelah being ubable to live without him so she got addicted to cum and tried to kill herself? what a riot

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

the dvd commentary on that one is top notch

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Amorphous Blob posted:

rmember when fry got struck by a giant bee and the whole episode was leelah being ubable to live without him so she got addicted to honey and tried to kill herself? what a riot

leela too all the poision. It was a dream

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Futuram is coming back! To netflix.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

wooooo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

angerbeet posted:

Really?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

angerbeet posted:

it has been back. there are like 5 seasons after the movies

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

futureobama

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The dog episode was supposed to be about Fry discovering the mummified corpse of his mother. Imagine that episode, but mentally replace the dog with this lady:

How much sadder would that montage in front of Panucci's Pizza been if it was that woman waiting for her son?

Unfortunately they pussied out.

E: Added picture

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 31, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
why would his mom's corpse be outside pannuchi's

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pththya-lyi posted:

The dog episode was supposed to be about Fry discovering the mummified corpse of his mother. Imagine that episode, but mentally replace the dog with the mom. How much sadder would that montage in front of Panucci's been if it was a mother waiting for her son?

that makes no sense. His mother was awesome, and really didn't care that he didn't show up for the 2000.
Who told you that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

angerbeet posted:

why would his mom's corpse be outside pannuchi's
she didn't have a reservation

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

she didn't have a reservation

good try

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

The dog episode was supposed to be about Fry discovering the mummified corpse of his mother. Imagine that episode, but mentally replace the dog with this lady:

How much sadder would that montage in front of Panucci's Pizza been if it was that woman waiting for her son?

Not sad in the least, really weird though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that makes no sense. His mother was awesome, and really didn't care that he didn't show up for the 2000.
Who told you that?

Wikipedia posted:

According to the DVD commentary, the original idea for the episode was to have Fry's mother fossilized instead of Seymour, but this idea was scrapped after it was thought to be too upsetting to the audience.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I watched Luck of the fryish recently and that poo poo had me a little choked up. I'm not gonna be sad over a dog.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

But they've shown Fry's mother to be a not very loving person to fry, I don't know I guess it depends on how they did it. Maybe it could have been good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

why would his mother wait outside of his place of work instead of his home?
They changed it because it was stupid

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I really liked the popplers episode

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

But they've shown Fry's mother to be a not very loving person to fry, I don't know I guess it depends on how they did it. Maybe it could have been good.

Nahh. Phil's mom loved him to death. She was the only one who wanted to go look for him when he didn't show up for the Rose Bowl

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

remember the preachy baby poppler that sounded like lisa simpsons?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why would his mother wait outside of his place of work instead of his home?
They changed it because it was stupid

Or maybe because it would have been upsetting to see a man finding his mother's corpse on display in a museum, then dragging that corpse through the streets of Manhattan

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Nahh. Phil's mom loved him to death. She was the only one who wanted to go look for him when he didn't show up for the Rose Bowl

You mean the same woman that was too preoccupied with a baseball game to care when Fry was born?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pththya-lyi posted:

Or maybe because it would have been upsetting to see a man finding his mother's corpse on display in a museum, then dragging that corpse through the streets of Manhattan

loving liberals!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also this episode ruled

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

You mean the same woman that was too preoccupied with a baseball game to care when Fry was born?

Pretty sure she was there

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

TontoCorazon posted:

they really went all over the place with retcons and trying loose ends that didnt need to be bothered. its a solid show but its really tone deaf. you try to make the man who hosed his grandma a deep misunderstood whatever and its gonna come out wonky

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nooner posted:

I really liked the popplers episode

I sing the song to my dogs sometimes

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Lol if you have to adopt the middle initial X to distinguish yourself from all the other Dave Cohens in the world.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
its a loving cartoon that is older than some of the people who post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gleebster posted:

Lol if you have to adopt the middle initial X to distinguish yourself from all the other Dave Cohens in the world.

the screenwriters guild made him

• Locked thread