Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I just got around to powering through the entire show again before watching season 4. Very satisfying ending even though we all know it was rushed and crammed in to 6 episodes. I kinda wanted the traveler to sort of superhero something at the end, like everyone's fighting and he just swoops in and stops time and sets everything right, or whatever. His story is definitely the hole in the series, it's obvious they had so much more planned for him.

Also I was sad that Brad didn't go jump in after Kiera, that would have been kind of cool when we get that super sad let down ending, she turns around to find a friend that she can make a new Sam with.

Still, amazing for a show this complicated to have so few loopholes, if any. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have doubt that Kiera ends up locked up in a future asylum after repeated attempts to murder Nu-Kiera and take her place.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Simon Barry announced the casting of a couple of Continuum alums in his new show, Jennifer Spence (Betty) and Terry Chen (Curtis Chen).

https://twitter.com/SimonDavisBarry/status/702329821955633152

e: Oh, and that other guy is Rollins from the grim-future-of-hello-kitty-is-only-war timeline.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

I have doubt that Kiera ends up locked up in a future asylum after repeated attempts to murder Nu-Kiera and take her place.

With how many gunfights she's been in I don't think it would end up in an attempt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkCrawler posted:

With how many gunfights she's been in I don't think it would end up in an attempt

They probably took away all her gear and she has no support system in NuFuture.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Season 3 just got added to Netflix apparently in my country. Couldn't they also throw in Season 4 while they were at it?

I agree though, this has been the most satisfying time travel show/movie I have seen in a long time.

My all time time travel A-list is : Donnie Darko, Primer, and 12 Monkeys (the film, planning to binge the show soon).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

12 Monkeys the show is pretty drat good. Season 2 starts up soon.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I finally got around to finding time to finish this, and it was pretty much everything I wanted, right down to Kiera being left a woman out of time. How the hell did this show get canceled? :(

The one thing that kinda whiffed for my was Rasta Jesus' little 'I must return to my home planet' thing at the end. Though, to be fair, I can't think of a way out of that that wasn't a formulaic info-dump about what Kiera learns in Utopia 2077.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

SciFi is just such a hard sell on TV, nevermind TIME TRAVEL scifi. Most people just can't follow it and when you throw in the scathing indictment of western civilization I'd imagine most peoples eyes just glaze over.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

SciFi is just such a hard sell on TV, nevermind TIME TRAVEL scifi. Most people just can't follow it and when you throw in the scathing indictment of western civilization I'd imagine most peoples eyes just glaze over.

Luckily 12 Monkeys really scratches my time travel itch now that this show is over.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kesper North posted:

Simon Barry announced the casting of a couple of Continuum alums in his new show, Jennifer Spence (Betty) and Terry Chen (Curtis Chen).

https://twitter.com/SimonDavisBarry/status/702329821955633152

e: Oh, and that other guy is Rollins from the grim-future-of-hello-kitty-is-only-war timeline.

I'm assuming that since this is a Canadian TV show it's just a given that Roger Cross will show up at some point and doesn't need to be stated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

I'm assuming that since this is a Canadian TV show it's just a given that Roger Cross will show up at some point and doesn't need to be stated.

Of course it's a given but it always needs to be stated. Roger Cross is a treasure. He was in the 100 two weeks ago!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Warmachine posted:

I finally got around to finding time to finish this, and it was pretty much everything I wanted, right down to Kiera being left a woman out of time. How the hell did this show get canceled? :(

The one thing that kinda whiffed for my was Rasta Jesus' little 'I must return to my home planet' thing at the end. Though, to be fair, I can't think of a way out of that that wasn't a formulaic info-dump about what Kiera learns in Utopia 2077.

That whole plotline was one of the things they had to cut almost completely when they got the 6-episode short season 4 to wrap things up.

I wish we lived in the timeline where we got to see it all play out, but this one was good enough.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Continuum won a Saturn Award last night, beating The Expanse and a bunch of less notable shows like Doctor Who.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
:unsmith: At least there's that. Continuum was sooooo good. I miss it already.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
:swoon:

https://twitter.com/MagdaEh/status/746144889293836289/photo/1

• Locked thread