Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

Gunfights look like dogshit after watching Strike Back. And the CQC stuff is done better in Nikita or Spartacus. I like the show otherwise but I pretty much skip past the fight scenes. Especially since people rarely die.

Gunplay in Strike Back is much more plot armor based, like an action film, throughout the run of the show. I was rewatching an early (US) Season 2 firefight and it looked utterly ridiculous, with the two leads running out into the open and never once coming close to getting hit. Everyone in Continuum knows how to hug cover and that's why nobody dies in a face to face firefight.

Fight scenes in Nikita may have improved in later seasons, but I quit watching in Season 1 after a horribly shot action scene in the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

ded posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't watch Garza.

Garza is the best and I have no idea how or when she became my favorite Liber8 member besides Verta and Kagame. I was happy to see her and Kiera team up in Season 3.

Edit: Kellog is still my favorite dude but I don't really consider him Liber8 anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every member of Liber8 is so awesome that I can't pick a favorite.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Garza, because she's hot as hell and awesome IRL.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's not Sonya because she couldn't even :happyelf: properly.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm tempted to say Lucas because of his reaction when Kiera and the former Liber8 members start recruiting for the Piron takedown. "Whatever you guys are planning... I. AM. IN!"

Also, cockroach drone escape plan.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Travis. Probably the best version of the "warrior philosopher" I've ever seen. The actor does an incredibly excellent work portraying someone who really just wants to murder everyone around him all the time without it affecting his intellect or reasoning. Garza is an incredibly close second though. The episode that centers on her is one of the best ones. I can't get over how smart and competent literally everyone on Liber8 is, all of them can cause huge trouble to Cameron by themselves, it took the death of their leader and a literal war between them to stop their near-total victory run and even then they were on top for most of the time. Very few shows do that for the villains.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 8, 2015

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
They even made Jaworsky more than just the guy who dies right away. Not much more, admittedly, but I don't know many shows that would do a third-season flashback episode featuring a character who died in the first episode of the first season.

I'm still gonna say Garza is my favorite, though, with Travis and Lucas tied for second place. The show does a good job of giving everyone a character rather than an alignment.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

beats for junkies posted:

They even made Jaworsky more than just the guy who dies right away. Not much more, admittedly, but I don't know many shows that would do a third-season flashback episode featuring a character who died in the first episode of the first season.

That's such a crazy episode, conceptually. Effectively, it's a complete one-off, and only features three of the show's regulars. One of whom, Alec, only appears for about thirty seconds. It's set in a completely different time period, focusses on the show's least developed lead (Sonya), and its plot is a complete shaggy dog story. But it's also one of the show's biggest episodes, where Keira finally realises that she's been a complete rear end, leading to her breaking up with the Freelancers, and we understand how Kagame formed Liber8 and what Keira's husband was like, and a whole bunch of other little details that hadn't really been clarified. It's really impressive, and I'm honestly astonished that an episode like that got made.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Garza, no question. I'm looking forward to her working with Kiera more in the last season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carlos and Garza team up, Roundhouse kicks and double taps!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I just want a spin off show : Garza.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Rocksicles posted:

Carlos and Garza team up, Roundhouse kicks and double taps!

Don't forget Sick Abs

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

ded posted:

I just want a spin off show : Garza vs Garza

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm still pissed she isn't one of the Space marines.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The premiere will be online this Friday.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
New promo for Continuum in there. Very limited footage.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Be still, my heart.

edit: That cut to the elder Sadler is loving creepy. and cutting to Brad after Keira was emptying ashes...poo poo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 20, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

ITS HAPPENING

Kesper and I are watching S04E01 RIGHT THE gently caress NOW AND YOU SHOULD TOO

http://www.mylifetimetv.ca/showcasefallpremieres/video/lost+hours/video.html?v=2674093532&p=1&s=dd#video

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Unavailable for Americans. Sadly.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Apoplexy posted:

There are ways.

Holy gently caress it's so good to have this show back, even just for a little while. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I bet Cap that Kiera's 2080 vision was preprogrammed by SadAlec to refocus her on coming home, particularly since Gaeta the CMR Maintenance Program showed up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

ITS HAPPENING

http://www.mylifetimetv.ca/showcasefallpremieres/video/lost+hours/video.html?v=2674093532&p=1&s=dd#video

Haha the space marine cgi was janky as poo poo. The first shot of them running was :laffo:

Still don't understand how the obvious solution isn't to just shoot Kellogg in the face, but it looks like some people are getting around to that mindset. :commissar:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah the graphics were pretty bad, though not defiance bad. If they had to cut costs somewhere to make this happen, I'll take it.

Apoplexy posted:

I don't give a care. It looks fine by me as long as it's happening.

Oh yeah, it's happening.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 22, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't give a care. It looks fine by me as long as it's happening.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That was really worth moving to Canada to watch early.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I hope they don't make the new guys into another Liber8 (Liber9? Liber16?), and focus on ramping up the crazy time poo poo instead. Just not like in that one ep with the timeline collapsing, that was awful.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Power armor that doubles as a bouncy castle and Garza on the Ak.

Life is fuckin' good!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

401 now showed up on various :filez:, however I wish I hadn't watched it yet because it's gonna be forever until I get to see the next one.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Holy poo poo, Continuum is finally back? God drat, it's time for a binge-watch.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

ITS HAPPENING

Apoplexy posted:

Why am I american? :doh:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I can honestly say I can't even imagine where the show is going to go for its last few episodes. poo poo's all crazy.

Does Keira's future even exist any more for her to get back to? Isn't the existence of Kellog's military regime overwriting her original 2077 in some fashion? Shouldn't she realize there's no home to go back to?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mortanis posted:

I can honestly say I can't even imagine where the show is going to go for its last few episodes. poo poo's all crazy.

Does Keira's future even exist any more for her to get back to? Isn't the existence of Kellog's military regime overwriting her original 2077 in some fashion? Shouldn't she realize there's no home to go back to?

Imagine if you will 4 Alecs on the edge of a cliff....

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mortanis posted:

There seemed to be a focus on Kieras time ball. Maybe there is a kind of signature they can use?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Since the very start I have been thinking it would be impossible for Keira to go back to "her" timeline with her kid waiting for her. Just too many time traveling butterflies have been flapping their wings in the past.

However I fear the producers will want this kind of a happy ending, with her going "I missed you so much" and they kid going like "How was your day at work?".
But if the writers go a totally non cheesy route and surprise us with a totally incredible ending... that would be great.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Evernoob posted:

Since the very start I have been thinking it would be impossible for Keira to go back to "her" timeline with her kid waiting for her. Just too many time traveling butterflies have been flapping their wings in the past.

However I fear the producers will want this kind of a happy ending, with her going "I missed you so much" and they kid going like "How was your day at work?".
But if the writers go a totally non cheesy route and surprise us with a totally incredible ending... that would be great.

It wouldn't be very much of a happy ending if she went back to the horrible corporate hell future and nothing changed, would it?

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
For her? Maybe it would be... knowing the other alternatives may have been much worse.

PS remind me, what exactly triggered the Kellogapocalypse timeline? Him taking control over Piron/Sadtech, correct? So we can easily guess who the Spacemarines' first target will be, and who will be the one trying to stop them because *reasons*.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Not really. It was Alec x2 that set that future in motion, given that that's right when Tonkin came back and Kiera from that timeline got shot by him. I think the future soldiers are working for Kellog and will be reporting to him in the present time. Hence why Kellog got a message from himself, to inform him that they're there and targeting his enemies.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

The fact that we had two Keiras at one point pretty much eliminates any chance of her old timeline existing in any way. If she ever "goes back", there will be another Keira there, with her own different family, if any. I like to imagine Alec knows this full well, but doesn't know how to tell her. On the other hand, this show isn't really super smart about time poo poo, so who knows.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

grate deceiver posted:

The fact that we had two Keiras at one point pretty much eliminates any chance of her old timeline existing in any way. If she ever "goes back", there will be another Keira there, with her own different family, if any. I like to imagine Alec knows this full well, but doesn't know how to tell her. On the other hand, this show isn't really super smart about time poo poo, so who knows.

Yeah, but wouldn't that Kiera eventually be sent back in time, at which point, original Kiera could take back her spot?

Maybe original Kiera is now the one who pushes Alec to send everyone back into the past in the first place, all so she could get back to her family without the two Kiera problem. Though that brings up a paradox, only solved if old Alec on his own decides to send them all back to change the future.

To clarify all that:

Old Alec on own volition sends everyone back in time ---> Original Kiera somehow gets back to 2077 ----> Two Kieras exist in the timeline and she needs to get rid of one -----> convinces the new old Alec to send everyone back in time -----> Kiera 2 is sent back in time and affects a different timeline entirely ----> Original Kiera gets to live with her alt timeline family.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I don't know, to me there's no reason to think that this timeline's 2077 is in any way similar to the one Kiera remembers. A Kiera might not even be born this time around, and if she is, her life might be completely different. I mean, we've already moved from a sleek dysopia future to apocalyptic warzone with power armor future.

I guess the time machine works on magic anyway, so you could always write it to somehow send her to the correct timeline and everyone lives happily ever after, but it would be more interesting to see her deal with her family not existing anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They have shown us nothing to lead us to believe that they can access alternate futures at any point in the show. I still think they missed a massive opportunity in not having both Kiera's alive and in competition for the same ticket home.

• Locked thread