Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Timeline collapsed because there was no Alec, not a paradox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

No now Alec is also a paradox, which is why it collapses the timeline. It can't get so horribly hosed if there's no future Alec to poo poo the bed.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

jfood posted:

If now Alec and future Alec have to meet in a place outside of time to converse, lest they create a paradox that collapses all timelines

They don't have to do that. Past Kagame met his mom and he was in her stomach almost near to term, no timeline collapse.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

jfood posted:

No now Alec is also a paradox, which is why it collapses the timeline. It can't get so horribly hosed if there's no future Alec to poo poo the bed.

You're talking about when he jumped back a week at the end of season 2 yes? Season 3 showed us just how horribly hosed the future gets when there isn't an Alec to poo poo the bed. Head Freelancer lady had a whole monologue about certain people being important to the timeline. Something like you can kill 1000 people and nothing changes, but if a key person changes then all hell breaks loose. Kiera getting shot in the face while also being alive then Landlord Alec vs. Squatter Alec. Brad's entire future.

They did show in the 1st season that the grandfather paradox isn't possible within the framework of Continuum because they killed Kellogg's grandmother and nothing happened to him which is why I'm reasonably sure they're going with the multiverse theory. I'm not sure Kiera can even go to the future she came from, if forward travel is possible at all. We have yet to actually see it. She can go to the future but as we know she has no way of knowing if it is "her" future or not. It'll be somebody's. If it's a nearly identical future she can just kill her duplicate and assume her life. If it is an extension of Brad's future, well then tough poo poo.

The whole thing was vague but its time travel so really we just have to roll with it for the next few weeks until we get the ending and hopefully complete the puzzle I've been sperging about for nearly a year now. Yes it's been that long.

gently caress, every time I do this I end up editing the post 20 times. I love you Continuum.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 27, 2015

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Trivia: In the bit where Carlos and Kiera stand around at a crime scene talking about the quantum computer that was stolen, they are in fact standing in front of the IRL headquarters of D-Wave, a company that makes quantum computers and happens to be headquartered in Burnaby, BC (greater Vancouver, basically). You can see the D-Wave logo clearly; it's almost product placement. This show :allears:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Anyone want to play a rousing game of WinNuke with me on ICQ while talking about the first episode of the season?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This show makes me really want to go to Vancouver.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Accretionist posted:

This show makes me really want to go to Vancouver.

That's what it actually looks like, too. They're just pointing the camera around. I loving love Vancouver.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Vancouver is pretty cool. Every time I've been there, I've really wanted the company that flew me out there to hire me. It combines the best elements of Seattle and San Francisco with a nice Canadian Twist that has its own indelible mark over everything. It is totally in league with Athens, Berlin and New York. Definitely one of the top 10 if not top 5 cities of the world*.

* For people who make under USD500K/yr. I know there are some rich goons who sip Chateau d'Yquem with the royal family of Monaco. I'm sure that leads to a very different kind of "top 10" list. Good for you.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't know why you would like it with all the aliens, time travel, and Stargates it has. Too much action for this guy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Godddamnit stop jumping to the wrong conclusions that will result in a tragic ending!! :arghfist:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Invalid Validation posted:

I don't know why you would like it with all the aliens, time travel, and Stargates it has. Too much action for this guy.

Don't forget superheroes from the CW shows.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Don't forget superheroes from the CW shows.

And don't even get STARTED on the Fringe events

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

And don't even get STARTED on the Fringe events

Cylons nuked it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Now that I think about it, I never see Toronto or Montreal in TV.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DarkCrawler posted:

Toronto used to be the shooting location a decade or two ago but then they stopped giving tax credits for shooting there so they lost out to Vancouver iirc.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Party Plane Jones posted:

Toronto used to be the shooting location a decade or two ago but then they stopped giving tax credits for shooting there so they lost out to Vancouver iirc.

Orphan Black films there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The whole thing being a con so Future Kellog can steal his own kidneys is loving amazing. I'm kind of unhappy with how Kiera and Brad are going, I like here being content in the past with him last season.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

The Strain is in Toronto but I don't suggest it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Don't listen to this man the Strain is the finest in quality television currently available for consumption.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

12 Monkeys too.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Building a time portal to harvest your own kidneys.

Thats just great.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Existential crisis Alex my new favorite Alec. Wish we had him longer than one morbid conversation in the park ='(

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

poo poo I totally forgot to save this to record and they're already about 4 episodes in. poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tokubetsu posted:

Existential crisis Alex my new favorite Alec. Wish we had him longer than one morbid conversation in the park ='(

Sounds like a post-finale show mourning thread title.

The TV IV > Continuum: One morbid conversation in the park

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Haha, anyone watching the new Minority Report show? I'm not sure what the movie was like but I can't help but see a few nods to Continuum.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo, I was thinking this would be a slow episode before the finale. Nope, holy poo poo.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Good episode, although I'm sceptical of the idea that the police were struggling to come up with something with which to charge Travis.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus being a Vancouver cop must suck :stare:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Most dangerous police station in all of Canada. Of course we all knew that when Travis bought it, an entire building was destined to go with him.

This season has been great. I'm glad the show gets to go out on a high note.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Tokubetsu posted:

Most dangerous police station in all of Canada. Of course we all knew that when Travis bought it, an entire building was destined to go with him.

This season has been great. I'm glad the show gets to go out on a high note.

Listening to Travis in that episode, I got the feeling he knew he had to go. Too many questions about him and Kira would have popped up if they officially charged him.

Last episode is going to be a good one.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There's a certain symmetry to the fact that Sonya died in an explosion she set off in VPD headquarters, trying to kill a cop - and Travis died in an explosion he set off in VPD headquarters, trying to save cops.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
That's the third show I've seen that big guy die this year after The 100 and iZombie. He's doing well as the muscle who is smarter then the average thug.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CeeJee posted:

That's the third show I've seen that big guy die this year after The 100 and iZombie. He's doing well as the muscle who is smarter then the average thug.

He's got a main cast role in Dark Matter. Which, alas, is otherwise not a very good show.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Goddamn what a show.

Is it even up for debate that this is the best, most tightly plotted sci-fi series ever? Aside from few s.1 episodes that were only OK, the rest of the show has been class A+ TV continuously, with pretty much exponential increases in key episodes. What a ride the finale is going to bel

And Liber8 definitely lives by the sword, Jesus only two left. Betting on Garza killing Kellogg. Both of them

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kesper North posted:

There's a certain symmetry to the fact that Sonya died in an explosion she set off in VPD headquarters, trying to kill a cop - and Travis died in an explosion he set off in VPD headquarters, trying to save cops.

Yea but Sonya failed to kill cops. Does that mean Travis failed to kill that future soldier? :v:

I still can't shake the feeling that the reveal of who / what the traveler is will be terrible.

Still laughing that future Kellogg would gently caress past him over. Just to get those sweet sweet organs.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What a badass episode, although I'm a little disappointed Plan B didn't go in with full power armor.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
drat you Canadians and your episodes from the future! :argh:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea but Sonya failed to kill cops. Does that mean Travis failed to kill that future soldier? :v:

I still can't shake the feeling that the reveal of who / what the traveler is will be terrible.

Still laughing that future Kellogg would gently caress past him over. Just to get those sweet sweet organs.

Does anyone else think the Traveler kind of looks like Jesus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

CeeJee posted:

He was a main caster in The Strain's first season, then dropped to recurring in the second season only to get killed off the second he joined the main group. DOH!

• Locked thread