Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

BooDoug187 posted:

Profit

A very dark show from 1996 that was cancelled after three episodes. The main character, Jim Profit, gets a job at a very well know company and quickly moves up the ranks. No one knows he is really trying to destroy the company from the inside out in a dark revenge plot. He will destroy and kill anyone who gets in his way!

This was "too dark" for 90's viewers but would most likely be a big hit on something like AMC or FX in this day and age!

If I'm remembering right, he didn't want to destroy the company. He wanted to ensure its survival at all costs because he was raised in a cardboard box with their logo on the side and internalized the idea that their slogan ("a family company") meant that the company and the family that founded it were somehow his real family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

TheDon01 posted:

I heard a rumor a while back that the company that made the ink's for this show's color palette went under and it couldn't be brought back and be the same. Don't know how true that is for color matching, but it's been gone so long now that there isn't a chance to return anyway.

To be fair, it never looked how they wanted it to anyway. Which is probably for the best. Supposedly the 'real' colours would've damaged a lot of sets, and there's some kind of regulation about knowingly broadcasting a show that can do that.

Sash! posted:

Wally and Gus were great characters. Although the first thing that comes to mind when I think of them was Gus yelling "Ya cheap gay bastard! These things are gonna fly right off!" after Wally apparently bought cheap condoms.

I always thought Wally and Gus were a sweeter take on Peter and Raymond. Then I grew up and realized that every affordable apartment building has at least one loudly argumentative gay couple.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

I heard it from my brother, who says they talk about it on the DVD commentary. I'll borrow his copy and try to track that bit down.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

How do you air the episodes out of order?

Hmm lets play episode 2 before episode 1?

They are marked sequentially aren't they?

Well, Take Happy Endings for instance. If you look at the first season in sequential order, it front loads it with a plot that's frankly garbage: the fallout of Alex leaving Dave at the altar. Dave was basically comedy deadweight, and starting a network sitcom off with a running story that requires a bit of prior knowledge is silly because that turns off viewers who haven't seen the episodes that've aired so far.

So the executives very wisely and correctly moved episodes that highlighted better characters like Jane, Brad and Max closer to the start of the run.

• Locked thread