Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many fighters will retire after this card?
This poll is closed.
0 — UH VAI MORRER! 17 18.28%
1-2 17 18.28%
3+ 6 6.45%
However many there are, please god let one of them be Big Nog 53 56.99%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I don't want shogun to fight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want shogun to fight

can't even remember a single dull shogun fight. Maybe the gassy coleman fight? I wouldnt call it dull though honestly

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

shogun/machida 1

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
I know we all want to see ronda in another 30 second arm bar demonstration fight but I've been wondering if Bethe hasn't gotten under her skin with the suicide jokes?

You watch Ronda fight and you can tell she goes cold, shutting down emotionally until it's over. She's also stated this in interviews, as well as the fact she's been obviously working on her striking.

So I if her heats real and she isn't able to shut down like normal, do you think she tries to extend the fight to punish Bethe, trying to hurt her?

I think she gets her in the arm bar and legit goes straight to trying to outright break it.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Remora posted:

shogun/machida 1
Nope.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

We are going to see a woman be justifiably homicided on live television tonight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Does Bethe have a Do Not Hesuscitate?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lamadrid posted:

I don't want shogun to fight :(

If he could just KO the James Te Huna's of the world until he retires I'd be happy.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Shadokin posted:

I know we all want to see ronda in another 30 second arm bar demonstration fight but I've been wondering if Bethe hasn't gotten under her skin with the suicide jokes?

You watch Ronda fight and you can tell she goes cold, shutting down emotionally until it's over. She's also stated this in interviews, as well as the fact she's been obviously working on her striking.

So I if her heats real and she isn't able to shut down like normal, do you think she tries to extend the fight to punish Bethe, trying to hurt her?

I think she gets her in the arm bar and legit goes straight to trying to outright break it.

I wonder if Rousey hadn't made public her mom's suggestion of how to permanently cripple Betche, would we have seen it? To do it now seems like it's lawsuit material.

You think people howled over Rousey's refusal to shake Tate's hand after the last encounter, imagine the poo poo we're gonna hear when the ref has to pull Rousey off and she turns, takes down Big John & arm bars HIM.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Shadokin posted:

You take pre-fight selling waaaay too seriously.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Well rousey really is pretty crazy and emotional and all the stuff she said is probably legit in her own mind at least, and not a cynical ploy or anything. But once shes in the fight it probably wont really play a role

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
for whatever reason a mate has decided this right here is the first UFC event he is going to invite us round to watch, is the card going to be bad-bad, bad-funny or just ok?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Remora posted:

shogun/machida 1

a bad opinion

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Valeyard posted:

for whatever reason a mate has decided this right here is the first UFC event he is going to invite us round to watch, is the card going to be bad-bad, bad-funny or just ok?

none of those things its going to be good

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Valeyard posted:

The early fights (anything related to TUF Brazil) will be bad but after that it should pick right up. Be sure to set the expectation that the last fight will probably be a blazing display of skill but will also be short.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Outside of Bethe winning due to Serra/GSP levels of improbability, UFC 190 is a card riddled by fights that literally do not matter.

The only one that does is the strawweight bout.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Zzulu posted:

I want shogun to fight

can't even remember a single dull shogun fight. Maybe the gassy coleman fight? I wouldnt call it dull though honestly

shogun/nakamura

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Magny/Maia matters

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meowbot posted:

none of those things its going to be good

Grifter posted:

The early fights (anything related to TUF Brazil) will be bad but after that it should pick right up. Be sure to set the expectation that the last fight will probably be a blazing display of skill but will also be short.

Fair enough, it should be a good laugh anyway

-Atom- posted:

Outside of Bethe winning due to Serra/GSP levels of improbability, UFC 190 is a card riddled by fights that literally do not matter.

The only one that does is the strawweight bout.

Are you toxxing any time off for this one?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

manyak posted:

Magny/Maia matters

Yeah I was referring to the main

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

What's the estimate on how late this show goes? With 7 fights I don't want to get last called out of a bar before Rousey's fight.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gadelha/Aguilar is important because the winner will probably be next to fight Joanna, I thought the judges were going to give Gadelha the win the first time they fought.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

Magny/Maia matters

Tremendously. Neither Maia nor Magny have fought any of the top contenders other than Maia fighting Rory (which was a good fight). So you could seriously do any combination of Maia/Magny/Hendricks/Woodley/Lawler/Condit/Rory/Brown depending on who wins and loses those matches and they would all be New and Important to the division.

And even if Ronda finishes Bethe in 5 seconds that's still great for the sport. Ronda being a force is the next best thing for UFC aside from Conor becoming the undisputed champion. We here in lame-o nerdville might not care about the outcome of the Rousey fight but the rest of the world will enjoy that poo poo a lot.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Gadelha/Aguilar should probably be higher on the card since it's a title eliminator but whatever.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is a real challenger for Rousey even alive, or is everyone just lining up for dislocated arms until she gets old in the hopes of getting a fluke KO or something?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lol goddamn that is an awful photo for Aguilar

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

sean10mm posted:

Is a real challenger for Rousey even alive, or is everyone just lining up for dislocated arms until she gets old?

People like to say Cyborg but pretty much there are no viable challengers and Ronda will retire undefeated unless there's a lady equivalent of Matt Serra waiting to knock her out

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

1st AD posted:

Lol goddamn that is an awful photo for Aguilar

It's nice that the UFC is finally admitting fighters from Parts Unknown

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
eh, there could be some lady chris weidman somewhere

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Yuriy posted:

People like to say Cyborg but pretty much there are no viable challengers and Ronda will retire undefeated unless there's a lady equivalent of Matt Serra waiting to knock her out

Cyborg is the one taking so many steroids that she actually gets caught, right?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

sean10mm posted:

Cyborg is the one taking so many steroids that she actually gets caught, right?

yes she popped for steroids but even without the roids, here is her next to 155 and 145 lbs fighter Frankie Edgar

she big

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Frankie doesn't cut water weight to hit 145 but Cyborg sure does.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHMTPIJdDE

loving hell, even Bigfoot looks small next to Struve.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I dont really know anything about Bethe but did she just like not work on improving her ground game at all this camp and is hoping to KO rousey before it even gets to the clinch? I looked up some oif her fights and her grappling is a fuckin mess and all Ive seen of her training is padwork and the grappling theyve shown looks super sloppy and unfocused. Im not saying thats even a bad strategy because its not like youre gonna beat Rousey at her own game in a 3 month training camp but still... its wild

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Its fun to watch her get taken down straight into back mount by Jessamyn Duke.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

niethan posted:

eh, there could be some lady chris weidman somewhere
no there couldn't because they would've been in the ufc at least 2 years ago by now. the talent pool is a wasteland

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
People mumble about Cyborg at times because only a roided out freak like her might land a lucky punch hard enough to actually hurt Rousey enough to make it interesting. I still think Ronda would just ragdoll her real hard and once they're on the ground all of cyborgs major advantages disappear and she'd get owned

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cyborg pulled mount on Gina Carano while trying to muscle her around on the clinch, and her fighting style depends on her trapping fighters against the fence and brutalizing them there or taking them down and brutalizing them there.

Pretty sure Cyborg is going for a ride if she ever fights Ronda.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I want to watch this show, but I probably won't. Thank you and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender menace
Nov 7, 2012

by Lowtax
When Ronda clinches I don't see why her victims don't just immediately pull guard or go for a flying triangle or crazy ankle lock because your heading to the floor anyway. Its a real shame Bethe believes she can win is landing a haymaker that Rousey decides to walk into. Hell poo poo like that can work if your an experienced 250lb dude with a 1st class striking game but when your a bantamweight with no finishing power in your fists its delusional.

• Locked thread