Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many fighters will retire after this card?
This poll is closed.
0 — UH VAI MORRER! 17 18.28%
1-2 17 18.28%
3+ 6 6.45%
However many there are, please god let one of them be Big Nog 53 56.99%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
After upwards of five PPV events that I was privileged enough to view live, if only fake-live, in a humane timezone, I feel like I may have grown complacent and will thusly chill now and not watch Ronda take more arms. I am confident that I will wake up tomorrow and learn that Ronda Rousey both defended her championship and claimed a new limb for her own.

You know what, I just this second watched the fifth embedded and Ronda's staredown has me all kinds of fired up.

Goddamnit.
This is a dumb timezone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lavender menace posted:

When Ronda clinches I don't see why her victims don't just immediately pull guard or go for a flying triangle or crazy ankle lock because your heading to the floor anyway. Its a real shame Bethe believes she can win is landing a haymaker that Rousey decides to walk into. Hell poo poo like that can work if your an experienced 250lb dude with a 1st class striking game but when your a bantamweight with no finishing power in your fists its delusional.

Going Palhares might not be a bad idea because Ronda has lovely GNP and is not going to rearrange your face when you go for a Hail Mary like that. Otoh she'll probably defend real easy and take the arm anyways.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

manyak posted:

I dont really know anything about Bethe but did she just like not work on improving her ground game at all this camp and is hoping to KO rousey before it even gets to the clinch? I looked up some oif her fights and her grappling is a fuckin mess and all Ive seen of her training is padwork and the grappling theyve shown looks super sloppy and unfocused. Im not saying thats even a bad strategy because its not like youre gonna beat Rousey at her own game in a 3 month training camp but still... its wild
I wonder how often camps just miss the boat in terms of strategy. I'm thinking of cases like Barao making no adjustments because he Just Got Caught, and now it looks like Bethe might not have a plan past Punchers Chance. This seems like it should be rare in this day and age when tape and skilled analysis is out there.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah let's just throw ourselves on the ground with one of the best grapplers in the sport, great plan

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Instead of trying to defend takedowns I'll just judo throw myself, she won't know what to do

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I think it's funny that the only remaining fighter with a snowballs chance is Holm, whose strategy will be pure and utter cowardice in the face of a superior wrestler and grappler

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Grifter posted:

I wonder how often camps just miss the boat in terms of strategy. I'm thinking of cases like Barao making no adjustments because he Just Got Caught, and now it looks like Bethe might not have a plan past Punchers Chance. This seems like it should be rare in this day and age when tape and skilled analysis is out there.

In fairness barao was landing shots on tj that had pretty much put everyone else down

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

1st AD posted:

I think it's funny that the only remaining fighter with a snowballs chance is Holm, whose strategy will be pure and utter cowardice in the face of a superior wrestler and grappler

To be fair we saw just how useful raw belief and a banzai charge was in defeating Ronda not long ago so maybe the reverse might have promise.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Grifter posted:

I mean it doesn't really matter how much they train and gameplan, A Punchers Chance is the best Bethe can hope for

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

1st AD posted:

I think it's funny that the only remaining fighter with a snowballs chance is Holm,
not according to her last fight, her inability to successfully utilize range and angles of attack against an outmatched opponent was embarrassing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
*Snikt*

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
For anyone who cares the wolverine just lost to the cry baby from the TUF Latin America season

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

1st AD posted:

Cyborg pulled mount on Gina Carano while trying to muscle her around on the clinch, and her fighting style depends on her trapping fighters against the fence and brutalizing them there or taking them down and brutalizing them there.

Pretty sure Cyborg is going for a ride if she ever fights Ronda.

Not saying Cyborg won't get thrown, but the Carano fight was six years ago. Not a great example.

1st AD posted:

Amanda Nunes :colbert:. I'm not gonna pretend she should be the #1 contender, or arguably even top 5, but stylistically she is a legit threat to anyone for at least the first three minutes of any given threat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RIP Clint Hester

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Miranda dropped him with a nice knee but I don't think Joe saw it

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I'm pretty sure that knee knocked him out and herb didn't notice

e: Miranda seems like he could be good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Herb patiently waiting for the sweet embrace of death to take Clint

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yay Lex Luthor

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Good to see the herb dean we know and love tonight

makin miurder possible

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Rin Nakai might have have had an advantage a few years ago due to lack of arms to armbar, but now she just looks like a striking dummy and fights like one too.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

How does someone who looked that bad have 4 ufc wins

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Fentry posted:

How does someone who looked that bad have 4 ufc wins

Some of his wins were cool as poo poo, to be fair.

He looked like garbage tonight though

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

If ronda does try to intentionally break her arm what kind of backlash would she get from the commission? It likely wont happen but how could they prove she did it on purpose anyways.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Seeing Pat Cummins on the prelims reminds me of how he talked a mountain of poo poo about how he was going to break DC and then got completely obliterated in the space of about a minute. It seems incredibly appropriate that he's fighting on a card headlined by Ronda/Bethe. That said it would be pretty cool if he beat up Feijao in front of his hometown fans.

e: Osiris Maia easily #1 in the referee name rankings.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mir broke Big Nog's arm because he wouldn't tap despite being in a tight kimura, that's part of it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Did Bruce just introduce that gentleman as a marijuana fighter

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bean Fried posted:

Amanda Nunes :colbert:. I'm not gonna pretend she should be the #1 contender, or arguably even top 5, but stylistically she is a legit threat to anyone for at least the first three minutes of any given threat.
Yeah, she might actually stand a better chance than Holm if only because she's displayed the punching power to finish the fight in the opening exchange.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

colonel_korn posted:

Seeing Pat Cummins on the prelims reminds me of how he talked a mountain of poo poo about how he was going to break DC and then got completely obliterated in the space of about a minute. It seems incredibly appropriate that he's fighting on a card headlined by Ronda/Bethe. That said it would be pretty cool if he beat up Feijao in front of his hometown fans.

e: Osiris Maia easily #1 in the referee name rankings.

Cummins has been pretty good since though?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

shizen posted:

If ronda does try to intentionally break her arm what kind of backlash would she get from the commission? It likely wont happen but how could they prove she did it on purpose anyways.

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if she does intentionally try to smash her opponent's face with her closed fist is the commission gonna do anything?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lawsuit in 5, 4, 3...

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Man Issa is expending a ton of energy on this takedown

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Btw are you guys going to be watching this simultaneously with WSOF?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If Ronda intentionally breaks anyone's arm then the commission will know it's a shoot and she will be banned forever

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Belle Isle Tech posted:

Btw are you guys going to be watching this simultaneously with WSOF?

I am watching WSoF online prelims right now

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

That was a nice job by Issa of using half guard to recover after getting rocked. Alcantara's round for sure though. R3 is going to be the decider.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Does Issa gave a fetish for eating straight jabs?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

This is the only time I cheer for a dude name Y/Iuri(y)

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Issa gonna lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Jesus, Issa seems completely out

• Locked thread