Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I assume that everyone who had a fulfilling and happy childhood like me remembers the lessons they learned from the nuclear bear family, the Bernstein bears?

Admittedly, I first read about this phenomenon on reddit, but I wanted to bring it to you, GBS. I have confirmed this IRL with several friends.

Everyone knows the family's name is Berenstein, right? I would swear up and down that this is the spelling of the family's name. Before I found out about this conspiracy I would have sworn my life on it. So you can imagine that I was shocked to find out that in fact, the bear family's name is not spelling Bernstein. Or even Berenstein. It's Berenstain, with an "a" rather than an "e". Don't believe me? Just look at this poo poo:

I was as confident in the spelling of "Bernstein" as I was my own name or the fact that 2+2=4. My friends have confirmed that it used to definitely be spelling with an e. There is no A in Berenstein. WTF. Can anyone explain this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
Jewish bears are liars

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
no family name ending in "stein" would ever have academic concerns in school

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

check out how pissed the dad is

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

lol

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Amorphous Blob posted:

WOw

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
Asian bears....there goes the neighborhood

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Thanks for the update from 2003

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I liked the novels they made, intended for children from ages 9-12

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
next your going to tell me something dark about richard scarry's busytown.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Hillbilly Jew bears don't make any sense.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Amorphous Blob posted:

I think I know where Clint Eastwood got the idea for Gran Torino now

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Edgar posted:

bananas gorilla was my favorite i liked how her wore a bunch of watches with different time zones

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Edgar posted:

the worm is wearing a wire

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Faggenstein Eclairs

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax
nobody called them the "Bernstein" bears. Berr-en-steen, three syllables, always.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Came here to post the new neighbors

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Anyway I enjoyed the Berenstain Bears as a child. And as someone who was more exposed to Judaism and Jewish culture than the average bear (heh), the Berenstain clan is pretty aggressively non-Jewish.

I could talk about how the Berenstains were of decidedly Gentile temperaments, and that no Jew would live in a forest, or that they didn't adhere to a kosher diet, but check this out:

Does that look like Jewish worship to you? They're not even sacrificing a Christian infant.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

someone post that one book where they all get the 'sugar from eating too much bullshit

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like the stories where the bear kids learned things.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
do the Berenstain Bears poo poo in the woods?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
maybe there are some hints in the version of this thread that was posted more than a year ago
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644294

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it was always berestain, there is no berenstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHjh1_wxcE

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rutibex posted:

it was always berestain, there is no berenstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHjh1_wxcE

well, ain't that a convenient coincident. so, rutobex, is that a Jewish name? sounds Jewish

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

everyone thinks it was berenstein because their loving retarded god damned teachers loving said that poo poo wrong

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

i always heard bern-steen

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
lol

kids books are promoting Zionism! I'm a crazy nutjob who's gonna jerk off my gun while I read the protocols of the eld... you know what, gently caress you OP you stupid poo poo. Clearly you didn't learn anything from the moral of that "new neighbors" book

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was always pronounced bern-steen by my librarian which means my school hired illiterates to teach us about books.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
WTH are you werdos talking about some kind of jew thing in here....

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I seem to recall Berenstein as well, but between the possibilities of

"Misremembering the author's name from a book I haven't seen in over 20 years"

or

"The timeline was altered yet I still somehow retain memories of a past that I retroactively never experienced", one seems just a bit more likely than the other.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This is hosed up, OP.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Nightrain posted:

Asian bears....there goes the neighborhood

this fckn post lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pandas aren't even real bears. Technically they're a type of (rac)coon.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Pandas aren't even real bears. Technically they're a type of (rac)coon.

Everyone please excuse my grandpa, he's very old and from a very different time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Expected to see this in thread. Not disappointed.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
i never thought it was berenstein because i can read

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

doubleVisionary posted:

i never thought it was berenstein because i can read

i can read too. it helps out when im browsing the forums for opportubitys to tell people not to sign their posts. im a big fag

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
It's not a conspiracy you fffffuck nobody ever looked close enough at the name and -stein is an extremely common surname it's like autocorrect for your brain and nobody ever looked close enough this isn't 9/11 for kids it's closer to a bunch of man children arguing about the pronunciation of palahniuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Amorphous Blob posted:

every time I look at this I lol

• Locked thread