Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
When Skynet cloned Sarah Connor to get the Terminator out of her, how come she still has some of her memories? Pretty sure that's not how cloning works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
cuz its a movie

hope that helps

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Why didn't the terminator upgrade to windows 10?

Because he said I still love vista baby

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bishop posted:

I think it might only be able to mimic poo poo it has touched

okay smart guy..so why doesn't he transform into the dog?

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

Harald posted:

okay smart guy..so why doesn't he transform into the dog?

T1000 as Max the Dog: "John! It's me, Wolfie!"

T101: "Your dogs' dead."
*shoots the dog-bot in the face in front of John*

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why doesnt he trainsform into an eagle and then drop out of the sky as a 1tonne weight on johns head.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In the comics Skynet sent back a terminator and a fat dude full of guns one time.

Oh poo poo, is that the one with one female and 2-3 male terminators that went in with him? I think I still got that comic at my parents house. They punched it out of his stomach or something.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

The Bible posted:

He shouldn't have even been able to go back in time by in-universe rules. He was entirely metal.

Also, artificial skin on a nuke, blah blah blah

It would have been pretty cool if instead of him coming back just like Arnold they sent back some random hobo so you think oh poo poo that's the good guy like the other movie, but nope he just starts vomiting up dozens of gallons of liquid metal.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Slippery Tilde

waitwhatno posted:

*skynet sent all terminators at the same time. he knew exactly where john Connor was, so he sent his best machine after him. The info on Sarah Connor was very bad and vague, so he sent his second best machine after her. they arrived years apart only from your perspective.

well then why didn't the terminatrix get sent after rear end in a top hat adopted teen john connor

that boob inflating trick would've had him dead in seconds

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if i was t1000 i would prob turn into arnold

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TontoCorazon posted:

He should have smiled a little. That would have put people at ease and lowered their guards.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
what if he transformed into geroge zimmer

what if thats why he can never be flim flammed

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well then why didn't the terminatrix get sent after rear end in a top hat adopted teen john connor

that boob inflating trick would've had him dead in seconds

don't know who terminatrix is, but john Connor is gay and the distance where you can properly appreciate a nice pair of boobs is in gun range anyway. I'm not sure how much of an advantage that would be.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

iirc the canon for only sending two back was the energy/physics or whatever behind the time machine, like it was experimental tech and skynet could only send two through before it fell into the resistance??

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
why is james cameron revered?

i mean, he's poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's quite the contrarian opinion you just expressed there, Nefarious

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
though i agree with you, james cameron is a hack

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

girth brooks part 2 posted:

It would have been pretty cool if instead of him coming back just like Arnold they sent back some random hobo so you think oh poo poo that's the good guy like the other movie, but nope he just starts vomiting up dozens of gallons of liquid metal.

dang this would have been so much better

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Zzulu posted:

though i agree with you, james cameron is a hack

cool. good and correct opinion

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The T-1000 was already malfunctioning from attempting to time travel without being encased in living tissue. It new it had a limited time to complete it's mission, and limited transformations. That's why it was very conservative in it's transformation choices.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

iirc the canon for only sending two back was the energy/physics or whatever behind the time machine, like it was experimental tech and skynet could only send two through before it fell into the resistance??

yes, but from skynets perspective there was also no advantage in sending back more than two terminators. he didn't have any other leads on the Connors and with no pictures of them, there was no chance of finding them randomly in other times. sending more than one terminator into a single time would not make much of a difference, since one of them is unstoppable anyway. he did not anticipate that a resistance fighter would be there to help, but even with their help the Connors are completely outmatched in a direct confrontation. the theme of both movies is that human ingenuity and flexibility is a weapon all on its own and can defeat a much stronger opponent.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

james cameron makes good movies when youre a child

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

girth brooks part 2 posted:

But then it would blow the mystery and suspense of the whole first 20 minutes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nefarious posted:

why is james cameron revered?

i mean, he's poo poo.

Aliens is the best action film

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

TontoCorazon posted:

He should have smiled a little. That would have put people at ease and lowered their guards.

He does smile a bit, more than you would expect for an emotionless robot.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The Terminator is a classic and every one of its sequels is dogshit awful

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

proof of concept posted:

Terminator 2 is very good.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

It's just the plot of the first movie with better graphics. The ending would have been different but they scrapped that to go with a voiceover about the future.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

proof of concept posted:

Agreed.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
It had the wrong kind of memory haha

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Ivor Biggun posted:

It's just the plot of the first movie with better graphics...

yeah, well that's all I really wanted from it.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Germstore posted:

yeah, well that's all I really wanted from it.

youre scum

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

My friend had an idea for a movie where they send back on Terminator every day since the day Sarah Connor was born. That way if the first one fucks up, the next day there are two, then three.

The movie itself would just be Babies Day Out but with an army of Terminators.
any skynet can only send back 1 thing and then timeline changes and there will be a different skynet that is unaware of any other previous timeline skynets but as long as john connor survives he keeps getting more and more terminator disposal experience
john connor isnt the savior of humanity because of destiny hes the savior of humanity because he happened to be the first person skynet sent someone back to terminate and failed, thus setting up its own demise

by 2010 some green t-800 is getting sent back by skynet and john connor just loving hadokens that bitch through the wall

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Wrong. It's dogshit awful, you just got tricked into thinking otherwise by the effects budget.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gutcruncher posted:

But then it would blow the mystery and suspense of the whole first 20 minutes.

the T2 trailer kind of did a good job of that on its own

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

proof of concept posted:

Wrong. It's dogshit awful, you just got tricked into thinking otherwise by the effects budget.
this is contrarian-speak for "yes, it is a good movie"

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
in terminator 2 the T1000 was white because he represented the imperialist policies of the US, the tentacled might of an unseen malignant force terrorizing innocent people under the cover of law

in the remake it is an Asian cop: the rise of the Chinese Red menace

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

this is contrarian-speak for "yes, it is a good movie"

nope sorry, it's just straight up not a good movie

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
neato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU